Autumn Leaves of Westover Hills - San Antonio, TX

Autumn Leaves of Westover Hills - San Antonio, TX has yet not published prices.

Best Memory Care in San Antonio

This place is amazing. The staff took great care to make sure my friend was taken care of. [Name removed] the Life Engagement manager had the knowledge to help [Name removed] with her rare type of Alzheimers. She ensured she was engaged in all activities. [Name removed] and [Name removed] were always there to greet and make her feel welcome. Their dedication to the residents shows in all the staff, they welcomed her for day respite care as well as short term respite care. This is by far the best facility in San Antonio. I would highly recommend this facility for anyone needing memory care. Kudos to these ladies and all the staff!

Work in Progress

A beautiful place and it feels like home. The ratio of caregivers to residents could be better. They are growing faster than what they can keep up in trained and working caregivers. Turn over is high. Many activities listed but little follow through.

A Very Positive Experience

My loved one was only here for a short time, but while she lived here, she really enjoyed it. She opened up a lot and got very social while she was here, and it was a very positive experience. Autumn Leaves was a very homey looking place. It didn't look institutional at all. It was low key, very calm and quiet. The medical director there was very conscientious and knowledgeable, and the staff members were very helpful. The food was very good, and the community itself was very clean and well-maintained. They had a lot of activities scheduled, but I do wish they followed through more. Sometimes the scheduled activities didn't happen. Overall, I feel our experience was very positive here, and I would recommend this community.

Value For care

I like the care from this community. The staff are caring and friendly. The community is always clean and enjoyed. The menu is appealing and he seems to be happy with the meals. They do offer activities for the residnets that want to participate, and he is happy with his care. We would recommend this community for good care. Families might want to tour the community due to the the expense of a loved one.

Judy Brown

We really appreciate your recommendation!

I Can Count On The Community

We are pleased to say my sister has good support. I'm favorable of the activities but see it's new and a working progress. It is gratifying how the staff are open to my suggestions to what would interest my sister. Overall I am satisfied. She is enjoying meals and I have eaten there a handful of times and it is acceptable.

Judy Brown

We're so happy that you and your sister are a part of the Autumn Leaves family!

There are a lot of positives and the tour went well. I really liked the kitchen station that residents have participate in cooking. I also liked the shadow-boxes and the layouts of the rooms. I found the pricing quite a bit higher than anything else I looked at. The offer to possibly come down $2000 after she spoke to her manager made me feel like I was buying a car in the old days. That put me off. The young woman was very nice.

Judy Brown

Thank you for touring Autumn Leaves and for your kind comments regarding our staff and our community. We work hard to find staff who are genuinely compassionate and focused on our residents.

Doing Well...Good Community

So far my parents are doing well at this community. They are being cared for well. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Over The Top Staff!!

There was an incident that happened to my loved one in the community and the staff communicated very quickly with me. They have been following up with us making sure that his care needs are being met. During his stay at the Autumn Leaves of Westover Hills he was doing great. He was surrounded by attentive staff and had good nutritious meals.

Judy Brown

We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

They specialize in memory care!!!

This is a clean nice community and my parents are adjusting well to living here. My only concern is the amount of turnover with the staff since they moved in. They are still looking for a director. They were more friendly with me the first few times I came in to visit. The food is ok.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Loved The Community!!

I went on a tour of this community. I loved it. The staff was great and friendly. I did try a meal i liked the food. The facility had workout rooms it had different sections to it. I would recommend to friends and family

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

The community was nice. Some of the staff was not professional. The community was clean and the rooms were nice. A variety of food was given to my husband. Some of the staff were not trained in the type of care my husband was needing.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We would like to sincerely thank you for bringing both your compliments and concerns to our attentions.

A recommended Community!!

Both of my parents are in this community. They have wonderful caretakers that try their best in providing all the attention they can to my parents. There is one specific caregiver Lenard he goes above and beyond. I wish they would hire more housekeeping personal that way the caregivers could focus more on the residents not so much on the cleaning. The food is good. I would recommend to family or friends.

The very best

He was in 2 facilities before this one. I wish I could write a review for the last one. I don't believe anyone knows how bad things are there. I wish they didn't advertise here.
This place is fantastic. Since moving him in - he is once again laughing (and often), speaking much more, recognizing people again (a little) and walking endlessly which he loves, most of all he feels loved and is truly cared for.
He had been previously restrained in gerry chairs (watch for those) and drugged up more than we were told. We were also told he was aggressive. They are gentle and kind speaking here and there has been no aggression.
I had no idea how different things could be. The only regret is that he was ever anywhere else! I really could go on and on from Courtney, the manager to Juanita, the nurse and ALL of the staff...

Judy Brown

Wow! Thank you so much for the very kind comments. I'm so happy your loved one is doing so much better.
We're happy you recognized our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers, and we train every single one of our employees.

Welcome to the Autumn Leaves family!

Autumn Leaves of Westover Hills offers assisted living, but distinguishes itself from other residences by working only with individuals living with Alzheimer's disease and memory loss disorders.Every staff member is trained to deliver care based on the latest research memory care research, and upon admission, the care team learns about the resident's history, interests, and preferences to make designing a personalized program simple. The same goes for the culinary staff who prepares all meals based on patients' preferences.Other facility features designed to optimize patient experience and provide a safe environment are wide hallways, natural light, and a secured courtyard.