Atria Springdale - Louisville, KY

Preferred facility. We went back the following day unannounced and were greeted warmly. Really like the people and the residents we met. We can see Dad thriving in this facility.

Was our 1st choice

We were very impressed with this community, our tour was done very well by the staff and they took their time showing us around and answering our questions. The community is bright, open and clean with a lot of amenities for the residents. We were pretty sure that this was going to be the community for us except that we found out that they did not offer a nurse on call 24/7 and that is the one thing we had at the top of our list for the community that we would be choosing.
I would definitely recommend coming for a tour.

Options for care for dad

This was a nice tour. We liked the staff who seemed to be caring and attentive. The community was clean and the environment was nice. We like activities that would have been offered. We wanted a community closer to home. We liked the care that would have been offered and other families might want to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Good care for dad

This is a nice community. My father has been getting good care and we like that he seems to have improved slowly. The staff is very attentive to his needs. The community is clean and a nice environment. They have a lot of staff on hand for the residents. The menu is appealing. The community does offer a lot of nice activities. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to others.

Matched My Moms Personality

My mom is doing very well since moving here. She has already made friends and has even been asked by the staff to be their ambassador she was honored by the request but for now, she had declined. She is always busy with events and activities. The residents and staff are great very friendly and nice. The staff is very attentive to the residents and interacts with the well. Mom says the food is wonderful. The location is great for us. We are very pleased and would recommend them.

Attentive staff!

I liked atria when I toured. The reason we did not go with them is because they served alcohol, and I was not comfortable with it because of my mother's dementia. What I really did like, though, was that there was a lot of activities and people moving around coming and going. There was also a lot of staff assisting the residents throughout the hallways it seemed like a nice place. The stairways could be a safety issue.

My Thought Of The Tour

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The people I met were nice and they do offer daily activities. This community just seemed a little pricer than what I was looking for.

Not a good place

The office personnel has no idea what goes on with the caregivers. I admit they are underpaid, but they do as little as possible. My Dad is there and has mid state Alzheimers. It is assisted living, but you can pay for additional care. They are always understaffed and Dad never received the care promised. We paid 10,000 just to move in, and it is almost six thousand month. They are not equipped for as many residents they have about 80percent on the assisted living side have cognitive issues. Upper management is no help and just passes blame back on residents for being uncooperative. Too expensive and staff poorly trained

Kate Vance

Thanks for being a part of the Atria family and for reaching out. I understand our Executive Director is working with you to directly address your concerns. If there is anything else I can do to help, please feel free to email me at [removed].

I visited Atria Springdale today. I was taken on a tour of the homelike facility by Amber and Audria. I viewed various rooms in a real-time setting. The staff that I met was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The tenants added their personal touch to their doors and apartments, just as I would do at home. It was so clean and fresh. It’s a place I think anyone would enjoy living.

Amber was very welcoming and caring about what could be done for my mother. She provided a lot of information and is available to answer more questions.

Atria Springdale

Amber has been great, with an answer to every problem we had

Pretty good

It was fine there but we have since had to move my mother back home. But the community was pretty good.

Awful

When my sister chose Atria Springdale for a short term trial of a few weeks, she was under a very intense short window of time to get my mother placed. We were trying to determine if this was what My Mother needed or could she continue to live at home with assisted care.

The decision had to be made over a week and both my sister and I live out of state.

The other disadvantage we faced was that our family members who live in Louisville were entirely against the decision we had made in placing our Mom in Atria Springdale. The family made it quite difficult
on both my sister and I as well as on the staff at Atria Springdale. All of that taken in account, what we really needed was real support from the management of Atria. What we received instead was little to no
support. My mother received little to no care, her room was a mess and never cleaned, of which we have photos. I made several calls to what I understood to be the care provider for my mother and those calls were not returned.

I believe that we thought we were buying one type of care, when in fact we were buying a much less supportive type of care. My sister paid an initial $3200.00 for the first month of care. Atria has since demanded an additional $3,000.00 in payment, which is completely out of line with the type of care my mother was receiving. I still am unclear to the different types of care. When it became clear within a two week period that we needed to remove our mother from Atria I called Atria from my home in Colorado.

The very first time I spoke by phone, from Colorado, to the director of the facility regarding taking my Mom out of Atria, the director told me that she would bring in her legal department to assess whether we could remove our Mother, which I understood to be a veiled threat of legal action and that our mother had no legal right to leave the facility. This was literally the first time I had spoken with the director. After speaking with our family attorney he made it clear to me that our mother could leave at any time she chose to leave, though the director was implying that my mother had no legal right to leave or us to remove her.

The point I am trying to make here is that from the beginning this was understood to be a trial, and when we wished to end the trial time period, Atria made it very difficult to do that. At a time when we needed transparency and support in making these difficult decisions, we did not get that from Atria.

Because of this very disappointing and costly two weeks, I could never give Atria Springdale Louisville East a good recommendation.

Kate Vance

I’m sorry to learn about your frustration – I know our Executive Director has attempted to reach out to you and other family members in order to rectify this situation. Please contact me directly at [removed] so I can help.

I am pleased with them so far.

I am pleased with them so far. I don't have complaints, about anything so far. It's clean, staff is friendly, no complaints about food. They are doing a good job so far. I give them a five at this point.

Had a very negative experience here

When we were looking for care options for our loved one we were very explicit with Atria about the severity of our loved ones movement difficulties and that we thought she may not qualify here, and they said they'd do an evaluation to make sure she was appropriate for the community. After the evaluation they said it wouldn't be a problem. Within a few days of her moving in they called us and said we'd need to bring in private help since her care level was too high. We had to pay exorbitant fees for a few weeks while we searched for another community to place her in, in addition to the large entry fee charged by Atria.
After speaking with a few social workers we learned that this behavior is a pattern for Atria Springdale, and they actually warn families away from them for this specific reason. So be very careful about trusting the results of their evaluations.

Kate Vance

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Your comments regarding inaccurate evaluations are very concerning to us. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced as a result and rest assured we will be looking into this at the community level. We would like to discuss this matter with you in greater detail to get a better understanding of the situation. Please email us directly at [removed], including “Atria Springdale” in the subject line.

very nice

I have toured many facilities, but the staff at Atria at Springdale is the most friendly, caring and compassionate staff of all! From the moment I walked in until the time I left. The receptionist offered me a hot chocolate while I waited. Everything was decorated for the holidays, which was beautiful! I hope my mother in law will fall in love with it like I did! I liked that it only had 2 floors and not hard to get around.

just like home

I toured for my mom. It is just like her apartment. She felt very comfortable and was excited about all the activities and outings, especially the Saturday shopping with the ladies! We are seriously considering it after the holidays!

Claudia

I really like living here. The care is wonderful and I always know help is close by if I need it. I am happy and comfortable here.

happy resident

i love everything! so many activities and great happy hours. i love bingo and we play 6 days a week!

Food

The food is pretty daggone good! I've live here about a year and I enjoy the entertainment and the friendly people.

Mom's new Home

I feel so relieved that my mom is safe and basically worry free now. She has made many new friends and is NEVER in her apartment! Always at the various activities and you never what she is up to! The food is another very big plus for my mom.she is a very picky person and we have not once heard one complaint about any meal! We are so grateful to the staff at Atria for making our mother's move from her home to Atria a smooth transition.

Staff and Residents

The interactions between the staff and residents make Springdale an excellent place.

Living there 8 years

It's like home to me. I've been here 8 years now. My favorite thing about living here is the staff.

Happy Resident

Everyone is so good to me. If I have any problems they take care of them for me.

Good Help

The help is so nice. Everyone is good, but the housekeepers are exceptional! Really they could not be anymore helpful or kind.

Friendly Place

Everyone is always smiling, residents and staff, a very friendly place. I hear a lot of the residents that live there say that too.

Home Away From Home

Being born and raised in California, I was hesitant to move to Kentucky, but i wanted to be near by daughter. She is the one who picked Atria for me. Although California will always be my home, Atria has certainly become my "home away from home". I have made several good friends here, and I enjoy joking with the staff. The food is good and I enjoy the activities that I attend, especially all the live music. I think my daughter did a good job picking a place for me to live.

Wonderful Staff

I have lived at Springdale for 2 plus years now. I cannot say enough about the staff here, I feel like they are my family. So many of them go out of their way to do kind things for me, I just feel so lucky. I really enjoy going with my friends each week walking at the mall (especially since the weather has gotten colder and I cannot walk outdoor), I very much enjoy the weekly trips out to lunch, and all the shopping nearby.

I love people!!

Imogene [Removed], a Springdale resident for over a year tells her story in her own [removed] "My brother, Billie, pulled up here one day and said 'They're waiting for YOU'! And everybody came up and said 'Hi Imogene' and I liked it. I love people and I love it here!"

Very Impressed

My mother has lived at Atria Springdale for six months now. Mom was reluctant to move at first, but now she says she wished she had made the move years ago. Mom loves all the activities, especially the weekly Wednesday lunch outings and trips to Derby Dinner Playhouse. My family has dined with her several times, we are always impressed with the food. I would have never imagined how easy this transition would be, I believe the main reason is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I would have never imagined my mother at 85 years old would be so active. She was so worried about making friends after leaving her neighborhood of 50 years. She has met and made so many new friends, she looks forward to eating lunch with her buddies, playing poker and bingo, and going on the Sunday drives with them.

Excellent staff..

My husband has been at the Atria for three years and I am s o very pleased with the staff and the activities. He is on the Life Guidence wing and "with it enough " that I take him over to the assisted living side every day. All the workers and residents are so sweet to him and it really helps his "state of mind", so to speak. The outside is so very attractive and we love sitting outside in the spring and summer. The residents are a fun group and I feel this is my second home and I have met so many new people. We both feel truly blessed!! Thank you everyone that works at the Atria.

Little Piece of Heaven

The staff, the good food, the warm support, and the LOVE.

These gifts make me call Atria Springdale "A LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN", I really feel it and mean it!

Good place. A little far out for my ...

Good place. A little far out for my mother to drive. Might not be an issue by the time we move her. Impressive staff and facility. On the list, not #1

At Atria Springdale, you’ll find a warm environment where older people live active lives and where adult children feel secure their parents are protected and fulfilled. Close to Kentucky’s famous hillsides and pastures, Atria Springdale is conveniently located near major shopping areas, entertainment, restaurants and more.