Sunrise of Louisville - Louisville, KY

Feels like home but more for older residents

I toured this facility while looking for a place for my Mother. When I first walked in here, it felt like a home. The person who gave me the tour was great and seemed very knowledgeable. However, the rooms were tiny. When I came back a second time with my sister she said it wasn’t a good place for her because it was more of a nursing home. The residents here were older than her and she’s not ready for that yet. I would recommend this facility to other families.

My visit to the community

This is a nice looking community. The people we met were friendly. This community has a swimming pool and seemed to offer a lot of nice amenities. This was just not the right fit for my loved ones.

This one is the top of my list so far. The staff is extremely friendly and caring. I toured on a Thursday and again on Saturday. Each time I toured, there were residents moving around, socializing, and gathering. I could feel the life happening in this location.

A+ Community

This is a fabulous community, but unfortunately my aunts health isn't doing the best. However I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. The experience has been fabulous. The communication between the staff, and the family is great. They are taking good care of her. I would give this community a A+ all everything, and I would recommend it.

Questionable staff!!

I have a weird taste in my mouth about this community. I had my tour and met with the director and everything was all set for my loved one to move in the following week. All of sudden the next day I had a weird feeling from them and they acted completely different towards my family and I. They told me that they could no longer help us and that they could not care for her like they said they could. I would not recommend it to anyone after that.

We LOVE Sunrise

This place is beautiful, clean, friendly, organized...everything you could want. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for when caring for a loved one. Mom lives in the MemoryCare floor and is doing very well considering her condition. She was living at another facility, which we were not at all pleased with, so we have some basis for our ratings. I gave the activities only 4 stars because I have not been there when mom has activities, although have had seen very good/even great activities for those residents whose dementia is not as progressed. The staff is particularly wonderful. Mom has already bonded with [Removed] and our family has started forming relationships with others. They are present, efficient with their work and always ready to lend a hand when needed.

My Tour Went Well

I had a good tour of this community. I toured it for my loved one and her needs. The community was nice, and clean. The staff I met was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. It was a nice experience. Everyone kind to my family, and I.

Home-like atmosphere!

Sunrise of Louisville was lovely. The decision came down to pricing, it was priced a bit high for our budget. The community was clean and had a homey atmosphere. They had a little serving station with a lady cooking muffins out in the open. The residents could stop and get a cup of coffee or fruit water. The facility itself was maintained very well, and I had a good experience touring.

Good Experience

This is a good community, and my tour went well. Everyone was very kind, and courteous to my family, and myself. Everything looked very well-kept, and clean. It was a good experience.

Very dissapointed

The staff is very nice for the most part. I can't say much for the medical care, they were not even capable of caring for a small area where skin cancer was removed. [Removed]. All her nice wool clothes were washed and dried which ruined everything. We were lied to repeatedly about the bill and the rates were raised without notice. Once she was moved my phone calls about her possessions are not being returned. Look somewhere else if you want your loved one cared for.

Wonderful to work with!

Sunrise has been wonderful to work with. Generally, when I go out of town I will try and secure a spot with them for my husband as he does not like to be alone at home.

Even though the stays are short I find that Sunrise has been personable and always gives the feeling of caring.

The staff at sunrise are the best and my friend is very happy to be living in such a warm and caring home. And A very special thanks to [Removed] who took the worry and stress away to make the transition seamless.

Happy go lucky!

I really like this place and everything has been going well. He really likes the food. We have not had any problems with the staff. They are doing a wonderful job with him. We are very happy to say the least.

Comfortable Living!!

Other than a few staffing issues everything has been great at this community. I do wish they would hire or schedule more aids so that they can respond to my parents needs in a timely manner. They have a spacious apartment with a lots of natural light throughout the bedroom. I would recommend this facility to anyone in need of an assisted living home.

Nothing but miscommunication!!

Sunrise has not followed through on what they promised. The care manager is not trustworthy. I have received bills for unexpected charges and I have not heard from them on whether these have been taken care of. The residents are not getting things such as towels and when I address any issues the staff seems to not care. I feel they have been dishonest with us.

Sunrise Senior Living

Very pleasantly surprised. Very clean, wonderful odors of baking, popcorn, engaged residents and excellent security. Philosophy in line with what we want for Mom. Would recommend it to anyone. The only downside to this facility is using elevators to access first floor only because my Mom is claustrophobic.

The right place for my parents.

My overall impressions of Sunrise are favorable and satisfying. Things are beginning to get settled with my parents...I know it takes time. They have generally followed through on my requests about personal care. The facility is beautiful, the staff attentive and cooperative, the meals are nutritious with a good variety. They take extra effort to meet individual eating habits.

Family oriented atmosphere

This facility is very, very clean and the grounds are also very well maintained. There is a family oriented atmosphere here and the staff makes you feel loved. The level of care is excellent. We have no complaints so far.

Outstanding. I'm so happy we selected Sunrise for Mom

I'm so happy we chose Sunrise of Louisville for my mother who suffered from Alzheimer's. Her final 3 years were spent surrounded by a team of friendly, compassionate people who cared for her like a family member. It's a beautiful place, with spacious personal suites and beautiful common living areas. The food is excellent (and NOT served on paper plates with plastic flatware like other facilities I toured) and there are many diverse activities to keep days fun. Most of all, it's people made it special. The staff at Sunrise were outstanding. I'm grateful beyond words.

they are doing a really good job

They are doing a really good job at Sunrise of Louisville. I have talked with some of the residents at Sunrise of Louisville in addition to my loved ones that stay there to see what they think about it and every one of them is really happy and has nothing but great things to say.

Memory care

The main area is clean, but sometimes my loved one’s bathroom isn’t clean. They have a variety of activities that are appropriate for memory care patients. The only issue is that in relation to all memory care units, there are some residents that wander into other people’s rooms. It’s an excellent location, very well taken care of. All of your needs taken care of when they’re brought to management.

Looked very nice

We toured this location when we were looking into options for my in-laws. This was a very nice looking place, the facility itself was beautiful and very clean. All of the employees we spoke with were friendly and helpful, and looked like they provided great care for the residents. We ended up selecting another community since this location was not convenient for some family members, but I think my in-laws would have been very happy here!

Toured April 28th with Just...

Toured April 28th with Justin. Also liked this place. Liked the set up and program. Outdoor space was nice thou not ground level, but plenty of opportunity for outings.

Very nice community/beautiful serene ...

Very nice community/beautiful serene location. I really like the floor plan options and I especially like having the dinning vacilities on each floor. I like the personalcare plan and memory care unit which I had the opportunity to tour. Director gave a very pleasant/informative tour.

impressed with facility-want to visit...

impressed with facility-want to visit again

#1 on the list. Bit high in our pric...

#1 on the list. Bit high in our price range, but that is probably because it is Personal Care vs Assisted Living in the Atria facilities.