Astor Place - Astoria, OR has yet not published prices.

It feels like home

When my Mother and I first walked in, we knew this was the place. It's very inviting and feels like home. They have vibrant colors and they take good care of the facility. My mom toured the facility a few times and liked the fact they had individual rooms and is able to have more privacy. Whenever you walk in the staff is welcoming, friendly, and personable. They take their time to answer all of our questions and we never feel rushed. I can tell my Mother is comfortable here. They treat her with respect. She also appreciates that the staff members let her be as independent as she can be and they are there when she needs them. The facility also has a bunch of activities like exercise classes, field trips, entertainment that comes in, and a lot of board games. I would recommend this facility.

Seeing My Mom Happy

After signing contract for the studio, my Mom is eating meals and interacting within the community on a limited basic at this time. Delete second sentence. Third sentence, change ending to "meals are very good." Change 7th sentence to "Although Astor Place allows pets and my Mom initially wanted to bring her dog, she will not be doing so. It was great the option was made available." Add to end. Once my Mom moves in, I will feel that she is safe, that being 2,000 miles away, that I am sure she will be safe, happy, cared for in a caring and professional manner and very importantly that any issues I will hear about it from staff immediately. I can't say enough good about Astor Place and highly recommend Astor Place for seniors who need a safe place to go to when needed.

Speaking ONLY for our family's situation, I must say that 3 staff members to watch over 25 residents is just not enough. My dad requires constant attention due to advancing Alzheimer's and weakness from not eating. We will continue to watch over him at home constantly. This is otherwise a great facility for assisted living.

Very nice facility. Caring staff.

Astor Place gives compassionate care at whatever level is needed for seniors. My mother has a great apartment and kind caregivers. The floor plan of the senior apartment building is of an ideal size and layout. 20 plus units in an oval. She can walk laps inside if its raining and it is in a nice neighborhood for walks on nice days.

A good place for respite care

Mom loved her respite stay at this community. The staff seemed nice and excited to help. The food was good and they offer good portions. The community is clean and reminds me of a high class hotel. They do offer some daily activities. This community does not accept medicaid and they are not trained to care for memory care residents. I would recommend this community for a respite stay.

Great Care

This is a very nice community for my Aunt. She is offered activities from the staff. A very clean environment inside and out. She seems to be comfortable there and happy. I would recommend this to other families.

Seven weeks, and counting!

My husband has Parkinsens, with some dementia recently added. Being too difficult to care for him in our home, Astor Place welcomed him. The staff is friendly and some have prior experience with those faced with dementia, which is very helpful. Needing assistance with many things, his level of care has been adjusted, so with "points added," be prepared for rising costs! Activities are slim. They are working on a new calendar and recently hired a new activity director. Hopefully, that helps the boredom I've seen. Overall cleanliness of the building is good. The individual rooms get cleaned weekly, laundry done as needed. If the resident isn't very mobile, and let's say, popcorn spills on the floor, it might not get picked up, as it's not time to vacuum. The garbage cans are emptied often though. I genially think the staff is kind to their residents.

Good At What They Do

They are very good at what they do and they have a lot of empathy for the residents and for my loved one and they have been taking really good care of her. They have a lot of activities that are things that she likes to do and their food is excellence.

Astor Place - Astoria, OR

Pleasant rooms, bright and cheerful common areas, well maintained. Staff is friendly and helpful. Food is "institutional", but cooks try hard to make it tasty and interesting within the restraints of their budget.

Astor Place - Astoria, OR

When I first toured the building it was nice. I felt safe and secure almost immediately. Since I have moved in over 2 years ago it has been great. The staff here make my family feel welcome and cared for especially my great grandmother. I love living here!

Astor Place - Astoria, OR

Win is my dearest friend. She appreciates all the help she is given and all the patience and care she is shown on an ongoing daily basis.

Astor Place - Astoria, OR

More food selection is needed. The cook needs to do a better job on soup. Staff is very attentive and caring.

Too much chicken and turkey. Too often processed meat is terrible.

Cranberry sauce is needed on food products. This is cranberry country you know!!!

Astor Place - Astoria, OR

This is a very good place to reside.

Astor Place - Astoria, OR

This rating was given due to a needed improvement in more employees in the care giving section and housekeeping section.

Management and staff are very quick to respond to my concerns.

Our residents are often seen relaxing by the fireplace or enjoying a beautiful sunny day in the courtyard with their neighbors. Each resident is encouraged to maintain their independence and we honor their personal choices.This pet-friendly assisted living community gives residents fully personalized care plans executed by full-time registered nurses who are available 24 hours a day. Some of the group activities that Astor Place residents can join include the baking club, dance parties, singing, and Tai Chi.