Caution!

My mother, suffering from Parkinson’s with Dementia, resided at Wright House Memory Care, also known as Ionicare of Mequon LLC, for 13 months until her death in [removed]. After a fall out of bed, she sustained a subdural hematoma and fractured arm, resulting in her death. During her time at the Wright House, she had numerous falls from bed. They failed to implement an appropriate fall management and prevention program, which, with proper execution may have prevented her death.

The state visited Wright House in July to interview personnel and collect data in accordance with the grievances filed in June. However, those reporting the initial violations did not verify statements and information provided by the facility. Misrepresentations found in those documents are consistent with others evident in the deceased’ records obtained from Wright House.

In October 2017, the WI Department of Health Services - Division of Quality Assurance issued a Notice of Violation, an Order to Submit a Plan of Correction, a Notice of Special Orders, and a Notice of Imposed Forfeiture to Ionicare of Mequon LLC, doing business as Wright House Memory Care, a Community Based Residential Facility. This notice and order addresses concerns, issues and wrongdoing at the facility.

Not too bad but not too great

I toured this community when I was looking for a place for my aunt and the second I walked in, I could tell it wasn't the right place for her. The whole facility felt so sterile and institutionalized. I'm sure this wasn't their intention but the whole place just felt like a hospital and not at all like a warm home. No one seemed to be rude, it just didn't feel like it was a nice place to relax and rest.

Tour for care

We toured this community and it had a lot to offer. This would have been my second choice for the care and the great staff who answered the questions on the care that is offered. This community gives you a good feeling. And the activities are offered for the residents who want to participate. I would highly recommend this for families to your for good care.

New Management

The Aster Memory Care has been to my mother so far. The place is clean, the staff is all friendly, and the food is good. It's a small community so the residents receive more attention from the caregivers.

Prefect place

Moved my mom from an assisted living center on Port Road in Mequon to Aster Care. I am very pleased with the decision. Mom is actually getting better. She looks good, she gained a little weight and started playing games again. I inspected 7 different memory care facilities in the area and Aster Care was the clear winner.

Experience

Beautiful facility, High staff turnover. Management seem unattached and unapproachable. Recommended by a close friend who loved the executive Director and stated she was very involved.

My friend parent has since moved out. Executive Director no longer there.

They shouldn't have opened up yet!

The community is clean and the food is good. They are understaffed making it very difficult for them to give my mom the attention she needs. They don't have a full time activity coordinator. My mother has no privacy as residents are constantly walking into her room. I will be moving her out very soon.

Sue Bettenhausen

While hard to read, thank you for your review. We're sorry you have decided to move your mom, however, we understand your concerns, as we do affirm to challenges as we grew rapidly. We are expecting things to improve significantly with the addition of housekeeping and maintenance staff, more caregivers, a full time life engagement director and part time life engagement associate, as well as a full time associate director who also happens to be an LPN. This will allow everyone to better focus on their areas of priority, ensuring that quality care and services are provided. We look forward to coaching this growing team as they take us to that level of service promised to our residents and families.

New building but severely unprepared to provide quality care. The understaffed caretakers are poorly trained and have little personalized interaction with the residents. Caretakers expected to do housekeeping, maintenance and activities. Management staff availability is limited and often unresponsive.

Sue Bettenhausen

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry your experience has not been as positive as it should be. We did experience some challenges as our group of residents grew rapidly. I'm pleased to share that we have recently hired full time housekeeping, maintenance, and also added a full time Life Engagement Director and part time Life Engagement associate. This will allow our care team members to have more dedicated time for providing cares for residents, while we can also assure that our residents will be active and engaged throughout the day, 7 days a week. We also added our full time Associate Director, who happens to be an LPN. All of our team members receive training that exceeds what is required by the State of Wisconsin. In addition, team members receive their Alzheimer's Specialist certification within 90 days of employment and upon completing our 6 hour course. We take things a step further, as all team members will be certified Dementia Specialists within one year. This special designation is only achieved after completing a 15 hour course available through the Alzheimer's & Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin. We are committed to delivering the programs, services and quality care promised to you. If concerns persist, please reach out to me directly. Sue Bettenhausen [removed]

Is is a very nice brand new facility. A wonderful philosophy of care and dignity for their clients.

Sue Bettenhausen

Thank you for sharing your experience! Aster Memory Care of Mequon is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents, and providing stellar care and services. Our specialized training and programming ensure our residents experience joy, success, and freedom of choice throughout their day, while our team honors each resident's sense of personhood and personal preferences.

Aster Memory Care of Mequon is dedicated to care for those diagnosed with dementia. Aster's exclusive Safe Haven program provides our residents with high quality, dignified care in an engaging, active environment that is also comfortable, secure, and failure-free. You will find that no detail has been overlooked in making each day full of meaning and purpose, as we celebrate moments of joy and success!
At Aster, our Life Stories project fully discovers who are residents are; who were they before dementia and what makes them most prideful. We practice our Caring Cornerstones to ensure our residents' success.
Every Team Member of Aster Memory Care receives training exceeding the State of Wisconsin Requirements. Each Team member completes our very own 6 hour Alzheimer's Specialist course within 90 days of employment, and will become a fully Certified Dementia Specialist within the first year (only available through the Wisconsin Alzheimer's & Dementia Alliance).
Our specially designed community and programming provide for an outstanding experience for your loved one and family.