New Perspective Senior Living | Northshore - Brown Deer, WI

New Perspective Senior Living | Northshore - Brown Deer, WI has yet not published prices.

• Respite care available
  • No Smoking Indoors

We were fooled

I would not recommend New Perspective Senior Living if your senior is not able to communicate effectively. The level of unprofessionalism is far below what I would expect from a recently opened facility. When we visited the Open House, we were excited and felt as though, “this is the place to be, we were thrilled!!!” The location was perfect, the facility was beautiful, and the tour was quite impressive. Although the cost was expensive, we felt comfortable and trusted the staff to treat the senior residents with dignity and respect. Each time, since the Open House I have been met with disappointment, heart-break and shock. The lack of care and attention given to the precious, vulnerable residents is overwhelming. Yes, there are workers that are serious about their job and do their best to care for the “sometime resistant” seniors, but the disappointing visits outweigh the good. Each visit has been met with questions: are there cameras in the open areas, is anyone supervising the workers, does anyone supervise the 2nd and 3rd shift workers, were the employees trained in sensitivity/compassion for the elderly and what is the turnover ratio? Upon each visit, I have witnessed something disturbing. During one visit, I witnessed a worker slamming a wheelchair-bound woman’s foot on the foot lever. During that same visit, my family members room smelled like strong urine and a worker was on her phone, not interacting or sitting among the residents. Also, the after hour security needs to be re-examined. I did not have time to voice a complaint as I had another appointment.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for sharing your experience. Obviously, the resident care you describe is not representative of the high standards we set for ourselves. We would like to continue the conversation offline so that we can better understand what you experienced so that we can adjust our coaching and training to provide the quality of care our seniors deserve. Please reach out to the community's Executive Director or IM us with your contact information so that we can follow up with you.

Finding a home for an 80 yr old sister with dementia.

The process of sifting and sorting all the information from various alternative options for independent and/or assisted living can be complex, difficult to understand, and often traumatic for those whose placement is directly involved. [name removed] at New Perspective was terrific. She was patient, informative, always looking for solutions to problem areas as they were discussed. The result was a very high level of comfort for my 80 year old sister in making these important decisions. A great start to what we hope will be a long-term relationship.

Stacy Shuman

Hi Mike, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at New Perspective Senior Living | North Shore. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

New Perspective Senior Living highly recommend.

NEW PERSPECTIVE Senior Living in Brown Deer, Wis. I can't rave enough about our amazing experience with them! [name removed] the Dirctor of Sales was so instrumental in helping us send our beloved mother into their Memory Care area from home were we personally cared for her the last 8 years. [name removed] is so easy to talk to & very accessible. [name removed], the nurse who came to do the in-home assessment literally came in with open arms, she put mom at ease immediately. She was kind & loving to mom as she assessed how they can care best for her at NP. It's not easy to let your loved one go from you, but we can trust they will give her the very best she needs as her Alzheimer's and Dementia progress.

Life at New Perspective North Shore

I checked out many places for seniors sixty plus years to live before I discovered New Perspective. It is such a beautiful facility, less than two years old near shopping areas and within walking distance. New Perspective has lovely living quarters for most senior needs such as cleaning services, exercise, swimming, meal services etc. Some rooms are furnished with kitchen and washing appliances at no extra charge. I especially enjoy the no cost special trips to shop and go to doctor appointments and the no cost entertainment brought in to keep us from becoming bored throughout the day and evening hours. I urge anyone who is seeking senior living quarters to check out New Perspective.
Dr. Theadoll Taylor, Ed.D.

Life at New Perspective North Shore

I love the people at North Shore. My favorite activity to attend is the live music and I love to dance with the other residents. I like being able to step out of my apartment and have people to talk too. [name removed] from Fox Therapy listened to me when I told him I was dizzy and he has worked with me and I have not had any more dizziness. [name removed] also helped me in deciding to have a surgery that will allow me to walk better again. I would recommend anyone come visit and consider living at North Shore.

Looking for independent living

I was tired of cutting grass and blowing snow so i talked to my wife about selling our house and moving into Independent and we had watch this new building being built
so we decide to visit and see what it was all about and the building was a beautiful place and well laid out so we started to look at apartment and i think that my wife and i look at all of the apartment and and went home and talk it over and we came back three time before we was convince that this is what we wanted and the sale person [name removed] did a very good job on assistance us and i said she made us feel very welcome and the Staff was very friendy

Great place to live!

I think the best thing about New Perspective is the friendliness of the staff which promotes a relaxed and friendly resident population. I was very impressed with the care that Jennifer showed me in showing the various apartments that would meet my needs. That level of care and service has not gone down

Stacy Shuman

Mike, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at New Perspective Senior Living | North Shore!

Gorgeous, but did not call us back

I toured the New Perspective Senior Living. The lady showed me around the property and showed me the room that my loved one would have if he was to move there. It was a very nice, gorgeous community. They never called us back, we tried calling them several times. It ended up okay because ended up needing a facility that would be able to take a couple and we found the perfect fit.

Good care for a loved one

The care at this community is excellent and the staff. The community has good and healthy meals.The community is clean and we like that he is in a good environment for the care that he is needing. We like knowing that he is involved with a lot of the activities. They offer the care that is needed.We would highly recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one.

Stacy Shuman

Hi,thank you so much for your positive comments about New Perspective Senior Living | North Shore! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Gorgeous community!

Mom is adjusting really well and is settling in quite nicely. The staff is very friendly and helpful and treat her so well. There is a great concierge there who is very helpful. The community is well-maintained and gorgeous to look at. The food is okay for some of the residents, I would really like to see more appropriate choices for dietary and nutritional needs being met. My Mom's room is beautiful, she has the furniture situated just the way she wants it. I would like to thank A Place for Mom and my social worker for helping us find the right place find for us!

Five-Star Hotel!

A beautiful and well-maintained community! It was like a five-star hotel! The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. If it had of been in our price range we would have made this community our first choice.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for the high star rating! Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

Care and Comfort

I like this community for the care that is received. We like the staff who are caring for his needs. the community is clean with a nice environment. The menu is appealing and he is happy to be active with the other residents. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families for good care of a loved one.

Stacy Shuman

We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

All the staff there is GREAT. They did a great deal of work to help us with the timing of Mom's move. Facility is new and beautiful. This will be Mom's new home.

Stacy Shuman

We are happy to hear the move went well and your loved one is enjoying her new home. Please reach out if there is anything else we can do for your mom. Until we meet again, enjoy your day.

My brother's Care

I like this community for my brother's care We are happy with the staff that are very helpful. The commmunity is clean and maintained. He seems to like the menu and the variety of meals. They offer him alot of nice activities. He has settled into this community and seems have made friends.
it's nice to know that he is adjuting very well. We would recommed this community to other famiies for care and the value of a loved one.

Stacy Shuman

Thank you for leaving detailed feedback. It's important to us that our residents receive wonderful care. We are glad to hear your brother is happy in his new home.

I would recommend this community.

They are able to provide dad with his special dietary needs, Dad seems to be doing better since moving into this community. The staff are helpful, attentive and answer my questions. The community is clean and well maintained. I wanted to thank A Place for Mom for their help as they saved me time and money in my search.

Stacy Shuman

Thanks for the feedback, we strive to provide excellent service to our residents at New Perspective Senior Living. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Founded in 1998, New Perspective Senior Living (NPSL) is a family owned company that develops and operates vibrant, senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois. Our foundational belief--that all seniors deserve to Live Life on Purpose® and age with dignity--was forged from the personal experience of caring for a family member with Alzheimer's disease. Today, the company serves seniors in 21 communities with Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options. NPSL is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For more information, please visit www.npseniorliving.com.