Aspen Creek of Troy - Troy, IL

Smaller Community Was Best

I had been using this location for day care but as my husband's condition got more severe I decided that keeping him here would be the best thing. The staff is wonderful they treat him so good. The communication between myself and the staff is wonderful. They express genuine concern for the residents. They try and encourage them to participate in the appropriate activities. The community is always clean well maintained

Care and Attention for a loved one.

This is a nice community for care. The staff is nice and attentive for the care that is received. The community is clean and the menu is good, but the menu could use some improvements. They have a lot of nice activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for good care.

Care is Fine/Their Finance Department is Terrible

My mother was a resident of this facility for one year and eight months, until she passed. Although I have no complaint regarding the care she received, this facility's Finance Department is a nightmare. Initially we had billing payments setup on ACH automatic withdrawal from a bank account. For several months, more was withdrawn from the account than the amount of the billing we received. Once we got that stopped, I directed them to merely apply the overage to my mother's account and then paid them 6 months in advance to obtain their advertised reduction in price. Unfortunately my Mother passed before that six-month period elapsed. For the past month I have sent several emails and left phone messages asking them to reconcile our account and refund the money due my Mother's estate. To date I have not even received the courtesy of a response to these requests.

Poor people!!

I had done some research on several places for a good transition for my father to go into. Whenever I toured the facility, I knew instantly it was not for my father. While I was touring the building a woman was doing activities with the residents, she was very short, mean, and rude to the residents. All I could think was thia lady is going to be with my dad 5 days a week!! No way! Another woman just sat in the office behind a big glass window monitoring everything that happened, as if these residents were lab rats and not people! I asked how often the owner comes in to see how their facility is ran, the person giving the tour just laughed at me! I hope the owner sees and knows everything that goes on in their facility, this is not how human beings should be treated. I hope the owner comes to realization what is going on behind those doors!!!

LOVE IT!!

I read the other reviews after we took a tour at Aspen Creek. I have to say that what we experienced was nothing but wonderful. I'm not sure why the prior reviewer was picking on a certain staff member because when we were there Tina had all of the residents working on crafts and they were having a great time it looked to me. The facility is beautiful and feels like home. All the staff was fantastic and friendly. The residents are happy and well cared for too. We got to meet some other families and they expressed how happy they are with the care and services Aspen Creek provides. I am happy to report not only is my mom now a resident, so is my dad!! They LOVE it!!!

What on Earth did I walk into?

I toured this facility for my mother and when I walked through the door one of the first things I saw was an overweight middle aged woman with wrinkly messy clothes sitting on the couch sleeping, which also happens to be the same woman that was employed there to take care of all of the residents. When she finally did wake up she was extremely rude and utterly unpleasant, and what put the icing on the cake, she had poor personal hygiene, which made me come to conclusion that she performed poor hygiene on all of the people that resided in Aspen Creek. I took a tour from one the nurses and she was very unsure of everything that she said, she stated that she had been with the company since it had opened, to me and my husband it seemed as if she had just started working for the company that day. After talking to those two employees my husband and I knew that was not where we wanted to place my mother. If you have the chance to tour this facility, please do not waste your time, nor Tinas' you will be interrupting her nap time on the couch.

So far they are doing a good job.

So far they are doing a good job. I would give them a five overall so far. I don't have any major complaints or concerns at this point.

Fantastic!

Aspen Creek exceeded my expectations! They have a very caring staff. It is a beautiful new building and everything there is first class. Not only do they make my mother feel at home but they have been very accommodating to me and my wife also. I definitely made the right choice.

Don't judge a book by its cover

Is this really what my mom and dad worked hard for all of these years? I have placed my mother here several weeks ago, and I am so unpleased. Almost every time I go in to see my mom, she is just sitting in her wheelchair staring at the television. A CNA that seems to always be working, is just sitting on the couch in another room playing on her phone. The food that they serve seems like they were going to feed it to the birds, but then decided to give it to my mother instead. I know I am paying to much money to keep my mother there. If I wanted poor care for my mother, I would have picked a place that didn't cost almost six thousand dollars.

Teresa duggan

After seeing this review, we spoke with our families and received nothing but glowing comments regarding our program and the care we are providing to their loved ones. Additionally the facts that are listed here are inaccurate regarding a new admission, the food, and the cost. It is unfortunate, but we recently had to let a couple staff members go and this review leads me to believe based on some of the comments made that this is the work of a disgruntled individual.

Hell hole

I had to give this place one star, if I had a choice I would have given them none at all. This place is a disaster, they are so unorganized. They are a ship getting ready to hit an iceberg. I worked here. I felt like I was the only employee who cared about the residents. Management is a joke. Deb Kinder, is a complete fake. She is simply there for the check. I would never in a million years refer anyone to this dump. The care that they receive disgusted me.

Teresa duggan

It is very unfortunate, but this review was made by an employee who was let go as they did not meet our standards of performance for care of our residents. It is obvious based on the very specific comments that were made regarding a management employee. His comment regarding her are not only untrue but highly inappropriate. Ms. Kinder spends more time in the facility than any other employee. She goes far beyond the call of duty for our residents and when we talk to family members they all speak very highly of her and of the care and services they receive at Aspen Creek. We have recently conducted a family satisfaction survey and our score was 99% of our families are very satisfied and would refer someone to Aspen Creek of Troy.

Best fit for my Dad and Mom...

Best fit for my Dad and Mom. Most like home and not overwhelming in size. I liked the 'beginning to end' concept with no need to move as health declined.

We couldn’t be happier!

We couldn’t be happier! We have not one complaint! The meals are great; we have eaten there a few times and loved it. It’s all homemade. But most importantly, my mother-in-law likes it there. She's happy and more content than she's been in months. There are just a dozen residents so they are able to do all kinds of activities, everything from nails to crafts – whatever the residents want to do. The staff is very engaged and encourage the residents participate. The staff is very responsive and committed to each residents needs.

What a God Send!

My mom had been in another assisted living that provides memory care, and they pretty much just let her sit. We moved to Aspen Creek and within days, she was talking, doing therapy, participating in activities with the staff helping. It was amazing. The residence is small so they know her and have time for her and you can tell they love her. It is also so great that it looks just like a house that anyone would want to live in. We are just so happy!

At Aspen Creek, we follow a simple rule – if you wouldn’t see it in your place, you won’t see it in ours. And by following that rule, we’ve created an inviting experience that welcomes residents and their guests.

There’s one place like home, and that is Aspen Creek. A house is a roof with walls. But a home is something more. It’s cookies baking in the oven; sunset viewed from your favorite chair on the porch; or the simple joy of watching a movie, surrounded by those that you love. It’s walking in the front door and feeling like it’s yours, with beautiful decorations, comfy furniture, and smiling faces. That’s exactly what we’ve created at Aspen Creek. We combine exceptional care for dementia with all of the comforts of home.

Residents at Aspen Creek enjoy private suites with full baths that include handicap-accessible showers and fixtures. In addition to single suites, each Aspen Creek includes two double suites that can accommodate couples who want to stay together.

Our home-style dining program is designed to provide residents with one of the main joys of family living. All meals are homemade from scratch and served with love by our staff, and sometimes they are assisted by residents who still enjoy cooking. Our menus are developed by a registered dietician with the things our residents enjoy eating.

More, than anything, it’s the resident as an individual that speaks to the main mission of Aspen Creek. We provide care that enables them to stay involved with life. From general enrichment programs, to care that is tailored to very specific individual needs, we make sure each person receives the help they require. We do this with an exceptional team of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, and our wonderful cooks. Our phenomenal staff provide our residents all of the daily interaction and care for a well-balanced life.