We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Complimentary Transportation
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
Ashton Walk Apartments is located in Forest Park, GA, less than 10 miles south of Atlanta. Residents can enjoy a small town feel while still having the amenities of the city close by.
- Population: The population of Forest Park is around 19,700 people. The average age of the residents is around 31 years old. Forest Park is popular suburb for families who work in the city.
- Walkability: The walk score of this city is only 36. It is definitely important to have access to a vehicle for everyday errands.
- Senior Facilities: Forest Park is home to several senior care facilities.
- Weather: The weather is typical for the South, with warm and humid summers with averages in the 80s. Winters tend to be rainy and cool with averages in the 40s.
Residents can enjoy outdoor fun like the State Farmers Market and a nearby nature preserve.
Residents can use the transportation services offered at Ashton Walk Apartments, or they can venture out on their own. The MARTA bus system has several stops in Forest Park, and seniors are offered a discount. For more travel needs, try the following:
- City Cab Co: Taxi cab rides in and out of town.
- Family's Taxi Service: Taxi rides in and out of town.
- Metro Community Taxi: Taxi rides in and out of town.
Great medical care is close at hand for residents at Ashton Walk Apartments, with hospitals in nearby towns and medical centers in town.
- Southside Medical Center: Full-service hospital for emergency care.
- Cloud Healthcare and Wellness: Primary care providers.
- South Atlanta Medical Center: Primary care and specialist physicians.
Sports & Leisure
The Forest Park Senior Center hosts a variety of events and activities for senior residents, including billiards, dominoes, dancing, yard sales, and much more. Some other things to do in the Forest Park area are:
- Golf Courses: Courses are available nearby in Atlanta and other towns.
- Tennis Courts: Clayton County Tennis Courts in nearby Jonesboro feature 17 lit courts, locker rooms, and private lessons.
Other outdoor activities in the area include the Reynolds Nature Preserve, 146 acres of protected land to explore, with miles of easy walking/hiking trails and points to stop and observe.
Residents can take care of their shopping needs with the following:
- Theatre Drive Shopping Center: A collection of popular stores with restaurants.
- Forest Square Shopping Center: A collection of stores and restaurants.
- International Discount Mall: Large retail shop and flea market.
- Atlanta State Farmers Market: The largest farmers market in Georgia with fresh goods to purchase.
- Walmart Supercenter: Located in nearby Jonesboro, selling everyday items and groceries.
For groceries, residents can also visit the following stores:
- Market Grocery Company: Grocery items.
- Wholesale Food Outlet: Grocery items, produce, and deli.
- Food Depot: Discount food and other items.
Forest Park offers all of the usual fast food restaurants that residents may want for a quick bite. Some of the favorites are:
- Popeye's: Fried chicken restaurant.
- Sonic: Burgers and fries.
- Jimmy John's: Sub shop
Some great family style dining options in the area are:
- Anne & Bills Restaurant: Homestyle Southern cooking.
- Don Burrito Grill: Mexican food.
- Golden Gate: Chinese food
Residents can take in a movie at the AMC theaters in nearby Morrow or Atlanta or at the Starlight Drive-In Theatre in Atlanta, which offers double features and a flea market on the weekends. Other options are:
- Funtime Bowling: Multiple bowling lanes.
- Range Guns and Safes: Firing range.
Atlanta offers more entertainment and activities. Some fun options that are likely to have senior discounts are:
- World of Coca-Cola: A history of the popular soda with exhibits and a tasting room.
- Georgia Aquarium: A variety of exhibits of aquatic life.
- Zoo Atlanta: One of the nation's major zoos.
Churches closest to Ashton Walk Apartments include:
- Forest Chapel Baptist Church
- Little Bethel Baptist Church
- Church of Christ Forest Park
- Victory City Church
Forest Park may not be a hot spot for shopping and entertainment, but its quiet charm makes it a delightful place to live, with the excitement of Atlanta within easy reach.