Ashley Manor - Carmichael, CA

caretaker at home was hard ...

caretaker at home was hard to understand. no rooms at Manor but has 1 spot at Ashley Villa, private room, Philippino run, fair oaks blvd (by San Juan)owner is in and out not on site at all times.

Wonderful Owners!

it was the kind of place that would have been wonderful for the right thing, it's just that my dad only lasted there for 5 weeks because he had dementia so bad. The owner, James, and his wife were awesome and the place itself was fabulous. I would highly recommend it. It was beautiful. It was really a very nice place. The owners work all the time pretty much. They're always doing stuff and they were very sweet to my dad and our family. It's just that my dad wasn't there very long because he passed away.

Personalized care at it's best

My mom is 94 years old and while in good health she suffers from Dementia and she always tells me how lucky she is to be living in a place where everyone is so nice to her and takes such good are of her.
At Ashley Manor they are there at her bedside when she awakens in the morning (a mat on the floor next to her bed alerts the caregivers when she awakens and steps on it) and everyday they dress her impeccably and take her to the dining room (it always smell great as meals are cooking and mom likes the food).
The six residents who live there (all in the 90's) eat meals together and play bingo and watch TV , and the caregivers are always nearby to take care each and every need.
James Ashley who runs the manor is on-of-a-kind person when it comes to overseeing each detail of the residents care while also being a smiling caring leader for them. Mom has some bad days now and then when she just doesn't connect and James can always calm her down and make her smile. Even though i live on East Coast, he keeps me up-to-date on how my mom is doing. He has gone out of his way to make my mom as happy as she could possibly be and i feel he hires lovely compassionate care givers to be with them around the clock. Mom had lived in several other facilities, but I cant imagine her living anywhere else in these golden years!!