Artisan Senior Living Baraboo - Baraboo, WI

Impressed!

We looked at larger places at first, but toured Artisan in Baraboo and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. We read the prior review and wanted to see for ourselves. One of my Mom's friends currently lives there and we planned a visit. When we arrived, the staff greeted us with a smile. The furniture is a little dated, but the place was spotless. Evidently all of the rooms, living room and so on - had just been painted. It looked really nice. They were getting ready for some musical entertainment. It is an affordable, nice place. We were impressed.

A good place for respite

I was looking for a place to take my mom for respite because my dad needed rest for the week. I knew some of the employees prior to bringing her here so when she stayed with them, they were able to carry on conversations with her about where she used to live and that she used to teach. The day time staff was really good with her. They had some memory skill activities to do and would help her teach the others there because of her teaching background. They would read with her, focus on puzzles, and when they found out she was religious they would sing hymns with her and pray. She had never been away from home before and she was in the memory care unit, so the night staff seemed to be overwhelmed with her for the first few nights. It was a bit of a challenge for them. It was a little stressful for us because for the first few nights we wondered if we had made the right choice of choosing Our House; the night staff would call us asking us different ways to calm her down and we could hear her upset in the background, so it was a bit overwhelming but they worked their way through it. Overall, [Removed], who’s in charge of the facility, was very good to work with and seemed to stay on top of everything. The food was good, my mom seemed to eat very well, and the cleanliness was real good too. All of the other residents seemed to be friendly and welcoming. Considering she got 24hr care, the price was reasonable. If the need arises again, I’ll be bringing her back.

Very friendly, informative ...

Very friendly, informative and caring. Very homey atmosphere. I think my loved one would be happy here.

Tour was very good. I liked...

Tour was very good. I liked place but will check other places also.

Artisan Senior Living provides quality care through our Assisted Living and Memory Care programs. All the Artisan communities are intimate with a friendly atmosphere and caring staff.

Your monthly fee will include ; Three delicious home cooked meals per day , housekeeping and laundry services, Assistance with the activities of daily living including: Bathing, Dressing, Grooming and Medication Management and more