An ok community

The main thing I liked about this community is the amount of activities offered. I would give the activities directors a ten. They did not do a very good job of keeping mom's room clean and taking care of her personal needs. Some of the aids did not seem personable or approachable. The food looked pretty good.

Highly Recommended!!

So far, the transitioning period has been okay for my loved one. It really helps that the staff work with him very well. They have a lot of patience with him and are really attentive to his care. If he doesn't want to have dinner in the dinning room they take him his food. I feel that he is in a very safe place and would absolutely recommend it.

Responsive Staff

The regular staff is responsive and there are several that are amazing. The building is clean and brightly decorated. There are activities that keep the residents engaged. They are sensitive to residents needs. My only concern is building maintenance does not work on weekends. The staff makes repairs on weekends.

Not The Memory That We Needed

I think this community is a nice looking facility, it was clean when I took my tour. I found that this is a place for resident with Dementia and Alzheimer. My dad does not need that level of care yet.

Very Skilled Staff

They are caring for my wife here and I am very pleased with everything this community has done for us. The community is clean and my wife's room is always clean when I visit.There is always someone ready to help to you and someone is always looking after the residents to make sure they are safe. They have a very well trained staff with good food.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Arden Courts has been a good one! It's a nice looking place, and they've got a great activities program to keep the residents entertained. They also do a good job keeping families up to date on how their loved ones are doing, although I would like to see a little more detail in the information they provide.

Not even for respite

My wife and I were impressed by the sales woman Kay. She told us her background, that she had a nursing background and she was the most knowledgeable when it came to dementia. We felt the executive director Tracy was friendly and thought we picked the right place. We thought Kay was going to be more involved in my mom's care from the way she talked to us. That is where her help ended.

The staff is not anywhere near as trained or knowledgeable about dementia. The nurse was awful to deal with and the caregivers had no clue what was going on. Half the time I had trouble tracking one down or did not know who worked there. Some of the aides wore jeans, big head scarves, and many of them played games on their cellular phones. Maybe it is possible at one time this facility had a better reputation but I recently moved my mother out of this facility. My wife, sister, and I were rushed looking for a facility for mom. Kay offered us a 30 day respite and we could NOT even stay a week. The price we were quoted was not the bottom line as we were told. In less than a week we had to hire private duty care 24-7 on top of the price of the room mom was in. One of the benefits we saw was that it looked all inclusive. I found out from the aide that she had worked with other unhappy families at the facility and it was not her first time there. In less than 4 days my mom fell and broke her collar bone, I still have not been given the true story (there were 3 versions given to us). To make matters worse we found 3 different medications in mom's bed and clothes. We were told that is typical when we mentioned the pills. I called the original senior advisor back when we wanted mom out of there and she told us to look up the state survey, which I did not know existed before we picked Arden. They had multiple infractions and I do not know how they are still licensed. Seems to me someone should go in and check the books and the patients. It was the senior advisor who told my sister and I to question the facility about the medications we found because they are known to have a problem. She told us not all Arden Courts had a bad reputation as this one and that they had turned over most of the staff including directors and nurses. Luckily my mom is safe and out of there.

Highly Rated

I think what they do well is getting the residents out to the activities and the fact that they just have one activity, so that means everyone is together. One thing they could do better is maybe get a few outside entertainment acts to come in.

Was not at all what I was looking for. I felt it was one step above a nursing home sertting. Mom was not ready for memory care just yet

Lovely, secure outdoor area to walk through for 2 blocks. Only one menu offered daily. The small hallways make it more homey and inviting. The tiny rooms to me were confining. You must leave the room to watch tv. Workers were cheerful. I wonder if activities could more male oriented.

Arden Courts of Towson was designed exclusively for individuals in early-to-mid stages of Alzheimer's disease. Arden Courts offers all the services normally associated with an assisted living facility, however, the services have been modified to take into account the unique needs of the Alzheimer's resident. Special attention has been given to physical building layout, safety and decor. Modified activity and food service programs focus on preferences, abilities and, most importantly, maintaining independence for as long as possible. Residents are encouraged to continue whatever activities they were used to doing at home - setting the table or preparing for dinner, doing laundry, gardening in the backyard, or going out for social and community activities. All this is accomplished in a warm, friendly, familiar and safe setting supervised by people specially trained to care for those with Alzheimer's disease.