Arbor Oaks Terrace Memory Care - Newberg, OR

The food is good and the facility is kept clean

My mom is there currently and the staff has been good so far, but they’re a bit understaffed. I think they could use some more people but the staff that’s there is very easy to communicate with. I haven’t had the chance to try the food but my mom must think it’s good because she seems to be eating okay. The food looks and smells good and the soup is actually soup, it isn’t just broth. The cleanliness of the facility is really good, also. Some of the activities that I’ve seen or heard of are primarily group related. They’ll try to get most of the residents in a circle to participate. One time they were playing horseshoes with bean bags, another time they were doing word association games, I’ve seen that a few times. They’re doing their best to try and get everyone to socialize and my mom seems to be responding well. The other residents seem to be fine. Overall, I would recommend them.

Great Set-up

He's been doing good at Arbor Oaks Terrace Memory Care. The staff is very nice and friendly but they seem overworked. The girls work hard and it is a hard job. They did hire some more staff and they are still in the process of hiring an activities director. Sometimes I help out with the activities. The food is good and they feed my loved one plenty. I love it there and I like the setup. It is less confusing and more like his own home than the last place we were at. He doesn't have to walk so far to get to the dining room. Sometimes I wish the floors were cleaner in the resident's bathrooms, but I think that is because they don't have enough staff to do everything. They take the residents for walks and I go with them if it happens during my visits. There is a nicely landscaped courtyard with some seating available. I'm glad it is conveniently located so that I can visit often.

Mother's Outstanding Care

I am very happy with the care at this good community. the staff is very nice and always very caring to her needs. The meals are good and appealing. She is active with a lot of the great activities that she is offered. This is a community that is close to my home. I was able to talk with other families and we hope that they can get more staff available.
They are always attentive to anything that she is needed. We would recommend the care of this community to other families for excellent care.

Very nice place!

Our experience with Arbor Oaks has been a very positive one! My loved one has been here over a year now, and they've been just wonderful to us. The facility is clean and well kept, the employees are communicative and helpful, and they just do a great job looking after the people who live here. I would give them top marks across the board!

Would Recommend Them

My brother lives in the facility and he likes it.

Very nice place!

They do a great job here! The staff are all very friendly, and do a great job welcoming new residents to the community. The facility itself is always clean and well kept, and the services and activities they provide are all very good. The decor gives it a very upscale feeling, while still having a warm homey atmosphere.

Arbor Jokes

I brought my mom here and would come visit everyday so I soon got attached to other residents as well and saw horrible care given to them. I saw residents crying that were being ignored and residents they never even got out of bed. The only time I witnessed good care was on swing shift, Mickey was an amazing med aide and for that I think her. The only caregivers I felt cared were Sydney , Janet, Brittney, and Vicki and for that i also thank them. I felt as if my mom was very unsafe unless she was in there care. I moved her to a new facility and she's doing much better than she was when she was at Arbor Oaks, and she still asks about those 5 caregivers who I sadly heard resigned not long after mom left. I would not recommend this facility to anyone!

crap

This place has taken a turn for the worse! They let all of the good staff go and now the residents do not get good enough care! They do things [Removed] andtreat there workers like crap. Not to mention the ED does not care about the residents and neither does there RCC. I feel like my mother got much better care when Mickey, Sydney, Janet, and Brittney were here!

Care

This facility is very clean and nice. The care however is not for Residents with any degree of behavior issues. Once the dementia/Alzheimer's resident is at the stage of behavior change this place is unable or will not take care if the resident. They should not advertise that they will take care of these residents.
They do not implement drs or hospice plans. The management leaves a lot to be desired. They have had 3 directors in 18 months. The current director is rude and send to not care. The nurses prefer to not be bothered. I would not recommend placing my loved one in this facility. We had to move ours for their safety.

Not a Positive Experience

Originally we liked the facility, but they did not handle my father properly. We explained everything to them about why it was time for him to be in a facility - anger, hitting, everything. They said that they were trained and could deal with it. There was a bidding war going on to see who could get him. They offered specials etc. but we feel like we were thrown into a boiling pot. There was an incident where he tried to get into bed with another resident thinking that it was his wife. He has Alzheimer's! The staff told him that his wife would be in his room, but when she wasn't there he threw the table and the staff had to call 911. They had said that they would take anyone, but once this happened they said that they could not handle him.

The director got fired right after my dad left Arbor Oaks, probably for letting him into the community. They never did an official evaluation, and they didn't document the incident in any of their notes. They dealt with everything very poorly. The staff was distant towards the residents. We liked the building; it was big and beautiful. My friend had his mom there and it worked out well. That's why we ended up choosing it.

After he left they distroyed all of his medication but didn't even know which medication they had distroyed. He was only there 11 days and we were charged for the full month. We want a refund.

This is a brand new facility with ope...

This is a brand new facility with openings. She raved about the atmosphere and location. They have furnished or unfurnished rooms, shared or private rooms (the only thing shared is the bathroom). There are 48 apartments with only 30 residents at the moment.

At Arbor Oaks Terrace,our staff members are 100% dedicated to the comfort, life enrichment and genuine happiness of all our residents and their loved ones.Our program emphasizes a Personal Touch Philosophy.

Our personal touch begins with the knowledge of history of each resident. A tailored life program is then developed and delivered through each caregiver. With our Personal Touch philosophy, we develop close bonds between residents,their families, and our caregivers. Nutritious meals are served in the dining room; dietary needs can be accommodated. Help with daily life tasks, such as bathing, grooming, and dressing, are handled with dignity and privacy. Socialization is encouraged on the secure, outdoor grounds and cozy indoor common areas. Planned activities and games occur regularly. Transportation to medical and other appointments is provided. A life of stress-free living approach to he Personal Touch Philosophy. This may be the answer you have been seeking. A unique friendship awaits you at Arbor Oaks Terrace Memory Care.