Arbor Glen - Fort Wayne, IN

Great Fit

My grandfather is loving it here. He has a very nice sized room that his furniture fits into so he feels more at home. The community is bright, clean and open and my grandfather has started to make friends. The staff here are friendly and because my grandfather is mostly blind they help him get around and make sure that he takes part in the tons of activities they offer, he even goes on the field trips when a friend is there to go and help him get around. He enjoys going to the dining room and the food too. I would definitely recommend taking a tour here to see this community for yourself.

Holiday Retirement

Hi there, thank you for the positive review! We are so happy to hear your grandfather is loving Arbor Glen and is making new friends. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Thank you!

Understanding Staff

What came down to our final choice is the pricing. While they were not the best fit for his lifestyle they were still a nice community. Everybody was respectful, courteous, understood ours needs n they were seeing if he was fit too.

No a bad community

The staff have been helpful and friendly. The residents have been nice and are helping mom adjust to living here. Mom has started making friends. The food started out good, however it has started to decline. They offer daily activities and the community is clean. I have already recommended this community.

Arbor Glen has provided mom with a safe place, meals, and activities. However, they are not always able to meet her needs. While they do provide housekeeping assistance, they are specifically independent living. At times of crisis they have not always been immediately responsive, although once reached very helpful in resolving issues. They have been unable to provide transportation to accommodate for mom's specific needs. While I don't feel they misrepresented their ability to do so, I do wish there had been greater transparency about facility limitations upfront.

A nice community!

Dad is enjoying living at Arbor Glen. The staff are nice and helpful. They offer daily activities that he likes to participate in. He seems to like the food and the community is clean. The only minor complaint is there are some maintenance issues that need to be addressed. I would recommend this community.

Great Experience For Us Here at This Community

It was a great experience for my father, but he is back at home now. He was semi happy with his stay here. I don't live in the same state, but from what I've heard it is a beautiful community. They serve fabulous meals. I knew he was safe and good in hands here. Overall it was a great experience for us here at this community.

A Lovely Place

I took a tour of this community and it was very lovely and welcoming. I was up kept within all areas. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable with all my questions and concerns. I got a chance to try the food and I was impressed with the quality. This community is bigger but not what we wanted.

Excellent Find that Differs from other Communities

I was delighted to find the low fixed rate option provided at Arbor Glen. I was able to get a studio apartment at a much lower price than I thought possible. There is weekly maid service that supplies towels, sheets, and toilet paper. Since the apartment also includes 3 meals, utilities, and cable television, the value was in line or less than the expenses of home ownership. Another nice part is that transportation is also available for when driving is no longer an option. The food was good on my visit and my brother adjusted very quickly, finding friends to eat with almost at once. The friendly management lives on site to ensure things run well and that someone is available if they get a pull cord alert. I noticed they have a wide range of activities. The other benefit has been my peace of mind with this solution.

Beware

My mother has lived at Arbor Glen for over a year. At first everything seemed great, but then many problems became apparent.
The turn-over of live-in managers is frequent, 3-4 couples last year alone, which can be very unnerving for my mom who needs stability in her environment.
Door-to door salesmen and missionaries have full access to the residence and take advantage of the elderly; the front door is left unlock, and although visitors are supposed to sign in at the front door, strangers are free to come and go.
There's more, but these are the two things that concern me the most.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I'm sorry to hear that your mother is having a negative experience at Arbor Glen. We are aware that our management turnover is an issue that needs to be addressed company-wide and are working on a solution. As far as building security, we are independent living, so the front door is not locked and our residents are free to come and go as they please, however, I agree with you that not knowing who is in the community at what times can be unnerving. I've sent your feedback to our Resident Relations team for their review.

Katie

We did not choose this facility we only went to visit. We did not see much of the care services they provided or the activities. From what we saw it was okay. What we liked the most was that was all indoor living.

Waiting to Greet You!

Arbor Glen is a great place to settle down in the Golden Years of your life. So many things to do and so many people to meet. The food is delicious and you don't have to worry yourself over planning the meals or cooking them. Just show up in the dining room and order from menu of the day and eat. The staff is very friendly and want you to enjoy the meals and new friends at your table. You even get maid service once a week just as if you were in a hotel! A bus takes you shopping on Mondays and Wednesdays and to doctors appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can't get any better than this so please check them out before you go anywhere, you'll be glad you did. I know I am glad to be here. Oh yes, before I forget , They are pet friendly so you can keep little Buddy by your side. for a minimal fee. Hope to see you here, can't miss me!! lol

Lucky Me!

I can't say enough about Arbor Glen. It was the 2nd place that I had checked out on computer thru "Just For Mom". I had been looking at places for the past year but they were either too expensive, not a good location, bare essentials,etc. I had accidentally come across JFM and thought it can't hurt. Within a matter of hours, I received a call from a representative that led to a more local agent I believe. By that evening the 3rd person called who was from Arbor Glen. By Wednesday I had seen the cottage and signed the lease. Amenities galore and price was right. Thank You Just For Mom. Oh yes, they help dad too, lol! Why not 'accidentally' check out Just For Mom too and see what pops up, you may be pleasantly surprised you did! Wish you the good fortune that I had. Check out Arbor Glen and see if it for you. Sitting here looking out at beautiful landscaping and concrete walking trails, aren't I lucky tho!

Indepedent Living in Cruise Ship Setting: Bright, Light, and Priced oh so Right!

This is perfect for Mom, we all love it here - three meals and half a dozen activities daily, like a hotel with linen and towel service, weekly housekeeping, sink and frig in room, the one bedroom is so bright and full of light, airy, with all patios or balconies. Two couples live on site and manage the property (Robin is very friendly and knowledgable) - like a hotel / apartment complex / resort - care services not provided but available for residents to pay for on their own. Can do own clothes laundry for free in many washer/dryer areas. Mom can have her own very reasonably priced apartment and be very proud of and happy to have guests visit her - honestly I would love to move in with her if I could! Scott the sales director makes you feel so welcome, it is like having a family member already there. The best independent living with meals and activities all under one roof in the county (possibly country)!

Beautiful apartments, staff was friendly and seemed perfect for us but Mom is declining very quickly and will need assisted living soon. This was not an option here.

really good

They were really good at helping me get her transitioned in there, made it a very smooth process. It's a really nice place. I can't really even think of anything they could do to improve. It's been a good experience with Arbor Glen and I would recommend them.

My experience with Arbor Glen has bee...

My experience with Arbor Glen has been great. My dad has pretty much made a complete turn around. It has been a God send to say the least. My dad had to leave his home of 25 years, and this is his new family now. They really take good care of him. The food is fantastic!. I would 100% recommend Arbor Glen to others.

Nice place, overall!

I enjoyed my time at Arbor Glen, and thought that they were a very nice community overall. I'd give them 5s across the board in everything but the food. The food was always cold by the time it made it out to us. But otherwise they are a clean, well run, friendly community and I enjoyed my time there very much!

eiew of Arbor Glen, Fort Wayne, IN

The place I chose was nice, the food delicious, the activities OK, and the cleanliness in common areas excellent.

There was virtually no help for anyone like me, from out of town and with no family close by. For example, they said cats were welcome, but I had to go to the hospital for 4 days and there was virtually nobody to provide food, warer, or clean litter boxes while I was in te hospital.

First one to visit... I did...

First one to visit... I did like the setting and the feel and Josh was a great help.

When I took my mom here I believe she...

When I took my mom here I believe she was very overwhelmed. I found this facility to be extremely well taken care of.

Nestled in the heart of Fort Wayne, you’ll love the comfort of our facilities, our caring staff and all the convenience of the town. We’re close to shopping, dining, healthcare and entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind