I liked this care home!

This was a clean care home. The caregivers I meet were nice. I was impressed with their enthusiasm. I felt this was just a little to small for my mom.

Poor ownership

Owner has poor follow through. Doesn't do what he promises he is going to do.

A lot of room for improvement

Our experience with Applewood Assisted Living has been somewhat mixed. It's not a bad place, but there are a lot of different things they could do to improve the experience. The facility itself has a lot of maintenance issues or renovations that it could use, which they don't seem keen to act on. We've also had issues with staff members and when we bring it up to the supervisors they have not seemed concerned or interested in correcting the issues.

Staff are uneducated and do not portray professionalism. Care here is very poor, keep looking for another place.

This is by far the best place she has been so far.

This is by far the best place she has been so far. They take really good care of her. She is eating three meals a day, and they are able to get her to drink more than even the hospital or the rehab, where she was before. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. It's a great value, and they are very attentive. I am very pleased.

My brother is in this property. I fin...

My brother is in this property. I find that I finally have peace of mind about the care and attention that he is receiving. i am so very grateful for Mark and these wonderful people that have gone out of their way to help me and my family and my brother. They have really gone beyond the expected and what i have seen in other places.

We only had a brief tour but were ver...

We only had a brief tour but were very favorably impressed both with the facility and staff.

Applewood Assisted Living is owned and operated by a Registered Nurse and provides the highest quality care available in a caring and nurturing environment. We offer private rooms with half baths and spacious common areas. This facility has experienced and caring staff that are specially trained to care for residents with dementia related illnesses as well as movement disorders such as Huntington's Disease and Parkinson's Disease. Our staffing ratio is 4:1 during waking hours enabling the staff to effectively care for resident's special needs. We offer daily planned activities and home cooked meals directed by a Registered Dietitian.