Don't Do it. Exposed Electrical.
My mom stayed here for 20 min before I pulled her out. This place has some serious maintenance deficiencies. 4 out of the 5 outlets in her room did not work. 1 had exposed wiring that was hidden by a bed that was pushed against the outlet. Had the outlet sparked it would have caught the bed on fire. This place is NOT the place you should put anyone. I feel sorry for anyone who still is there. This place should be shut down.
NO, Don't Do It!
Our experience was quite limited, but in the three nights my brother in law was there he managed to die. The circumstances were questionable as he was evaluated twice by hospice and judged to not be near death. 3 days later gone. He had complained of pain, been given some medication, 4 hours later complained again, given more, an hour later, gone. NO autopsy, no way of knowing if they just over medicated, or didn't like him because he can be hard to deal with or died of natural causes, but gone none the less. And to make matters worse, they kept nearly the entire first month's pay. When asked for a reasonable refund out of $2,800 they returned $800, when pressed further, they returned an additional $400 and the placement person informed us she did not receive her placement fee. So they hung on to $1,600 for 72 hours care, while screwing my sister who is extremely poor. DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVED ONE IN THIS HOME!
My dad has only been there a week, but the people seem to be nice. The house is very old and the door from my dad's room going into a bathroom does not fully close. The place is clean...just very old and small.
The home has 10 residents 2 of whom are in a room off of the side of the house. If you want to go out in the back yard you have to go through the 2 male residents room where there is a horrible odor. The room off of the kitchen is extremely small with a foul odor very old nasty carpet. The owner is extremely nice until you have a problem with the care your loved one is receiving or lack of. The care givers were not very friendly or likable. I had to ask the care givers several times to please speak english. I witnessed 2 caregivers being disrespectful, ruff & down grading one of the elderly resadents , when I said something the worker tried to blame the resident. When I told the owner/RN she blew it off saying that those workers were leaving to go back home to the Philippines in 10days. To top it all off they excepted my mom into the care home where I had to teach them how to use the pegtube/feeding tube. They kept trying to give my mother medication in her mouth even though she was NPO everything went in the pegtube when my mom refused to take the medication in her mouth the caregiver got agree. I could go on & on I believe the works at this home beedva lesson in bedside minors & respect
Was this review helpful?