All of God's People Assisted Living Home - Houston, TX

former clients family

My grandfather has dementia and we were assured that he would be in good hands. The home is older, but in decent condition. Very clear that both homes have been renovated to add on and make a larger home. Two days after we place him my grandfather wandered off, and we were notified several hours later. I feel as if they looked for him, and if he was found we would not have been notified he was missing in the first place. We found him on the side of the road a few miles away from the home -disorientated and extremely dirty. He is now currently back in our care. The home is two people per room, and seems slightly overcrowded. I can not speak on bedbugs as I did not see any while I was visiting nor do I see any in his clothes now that he has returned to live with us. Although they may be trying to do their best, I do not think the staff is the most competent. I also believe the owner just finds randoms (homeless, ward of state etc) to have in her home. Would not recommend for elderly with cognitive issues, but possible good spot for older adults who are cognitive, verbal and just need a place to call home. Please google this place and read all the reviews!

Not a good place

This is a fine place to stay if you don't mind your loved ones being eaten by bed bugs. The elderly and disabled often can't speak for themselves. My brother-in-law lost 18lbs when he stayed there.

Director is an exceptional caregiver....

Director is an exceptional caregiver. Her love and concern for ALL of the people was apparent was as she introduced us to each and everyone of them. I was most impressed that while the average age was around 80+,each of them happy and content. They literally lit up when the Director walked into the room. The facility was well kept both inside and out. The staff person was both kind, caring and professional. The meal schedule was well thought out and balanced. There was suitable activities plan. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.