ACE Assisted Living - Bowie, MD

Ace Assisted Living Review

My sister-in-law is well cared for . I'm happy that she's at
ACE . Although the location is inconvenient for me .

Warm comforting and caring home.

Our mom has been living at this small assisted living home for 2 years. We have been very pleased with the care she has received.

The owners and caregivers are friendly and very involved in her care. The house is clean and has a warm home
atmosphere. The meals are of good nutrition. They do activities and crafts and exercises with the residents. Family and friends can stop by any time to visit. Holidays are celebrated with the residents and family and friends are welcomed to attend.

It is comforting to know our mom is being treated with dignity and respect.

This is a good fit for us.

It has a small residency, they only have eight people, they would have to be very creative to keep everyone engaged. The food is very good. Cultural issues are a concern for people with dementia, it took us a long time to find a good fit. This is a good fit for us. They are also in a great location, I can stop in any time to visit.

A home away from home

My father had a stroke a few years ago and was living in a rehab facility in Upstate NY and was unhappy. There ratio of care givers to residents was high, he had no real privacy, and I didn't feel he was treated with dignity and respect. I began looking here in Maryland so he could be closer to me and I could advocate for him. It was a daunting task to search for a place. I contacted "A Place for Mom" and they sent me a list of possible places. I was relieved to find so many in the area! I visited between five and ten places. I used the touring checklist to make my notes. One of the things listed was called "Safe and Sound" and mentions restroom accessibility. Since my father is in a wheelchair, this is important. Only two facilities had shower facilities that could easily accommodate someone in a wheelchair. ACE, of course, was one of the two. Other factors that helped me to decide included friendliness of the staff, cleanliness, home-like feeling, ratio of staff to residents, and honestly, just a gut feeling. When I met Cheryl, the owner, for a tour she addressed each resident as I walked through and explained who I was. This may sound small and insignificant but it wasn't to me. To me, it indicated a high-level of respect toward the resident and simply good manners. On the checklist it mentions following one's nose. ACE always smells clean and fresh unless there was a recent incident. ACE feels like a home. My father has his own room which is great. The furniture is just like what you'd find in a private home, not institutional at all. There are two aides on at all times which makes the ratio of staff to residents 1:4 as the facility can house up to eight residents. We celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas altogether at ACE. While I brought my father to my home for Christmas and Thanksgiving, we also celebrated at ACE with all the residents and their families. It was wonderful. I feel very fortunate to have found a place so near my home, with such a great atmosphere, for my father.

Great family-type residence

My aunt has been living here for more than three years and we have been entirely pleased with her care and all the services provided. Caretakers have been kind and extremely helpful with assisting her with daily activities. She is treated like a member of the family and we always feel that she is safe, clean and happy. Varied activities are available every week and holidays are celebrated with small parties for all the residents and their family members.

Very Clean & Friendly!

The care and love that my family member has received during her stay at ACE has been outstanding.
The staff take their time to interact with each and every resident daily. Be it a simple extra hug or help with their feeding.
The owners are very caring and take time to speak with each residents and ask if they are doing well and is everything OK. They take their time to form a bond with each resident.
The staff as well as the owners encourage a family like environment among the residents. They are open to suggestions and listen to and answer any questions or concerns. They allow family members to visit as frequent as possible and encourage visits.
The residents are encouraged to interact through weekly exercise time and craft time. They also have small parties to celebrate each holiday to keep them focused on the time of the year and the changing seasons.
The house is very clean, from top to bottom.
I would highly recommend this facility.

A.C.E assisted living located in Bowie offer high-quality affordable care for your loved ones.

This facility is the place you can call home; Where Caring is Essential and Patience is Key! A.C.E Assisted Living was the vision of two (2) health care professionals with 36 years of combined experience who share a common desire to enhance the quality of life for seniors and advocate care for the elderly with an alternative to nursing homes. This safe residential environment is monitored 24 hours a day by licensed staff, we provide 8 single private rooms, audible intercom system and monitoring surveillance cameras in the public areas. A.C.E is a place you can count on for quality care. We agree there is no place like home but A.C.E. comes very close to being the real thing.

A.C.E Assisted Living is staffed by qualified CNA and Med Tech, who are license by the Maryland Board of Nursing. All of our employees are vigorously screened with finger printing, background checks and verification of references. Within our company A.C.E caregivers are caring and compassionate individuals. Our assisted living residence provides seniors with both comfort and safety. All residents receive delicious, home-cooked meals each day plus full laundry and housekeeping services. We also provide daily activities and entertainment, medication administering and monitoring, as well as an on-call medical assistance team. We specialize in Medical stabilization, Diabetic care, Dementias/ Alzheimer’s, Respiratory care and Behavior management. All of these assisted living components and others are listed on our website www.aceseniorcare.com Services Page.