A Touch of Paradise At Kensington - Palmdale, CA

Awkward experience!!

I had a very awkward experience of this community and I honestly could not wait to get out of this place.Apparently there was some miss communication about my loved one and I coming to tour and we had to wait almost twenty minutes before we could see the place. Everything was very dark and just seemed like a depressing atmosphere. We had only saw one patient the entire time we where there and the rest where behind closed doors with no activities going on. The place also was not very clean. I felt very pressured by the gentleman who gave us our tour it reminded me of a cars salesman. Overall very poor experience and I would never put my mother in a place like this one.

The biggest complaint from my loved o...

The biggest complaint from my loved one is about the food. The owners are Filipino, and they believe that they are being fed Filipino food, which they don't particularly like. Other than that, I thought they were very professional. The homes are nice and the lay-out is great. I have high confidence in them!

Too good to be true

And so it is. It's very clean. The owners seem friendly and one of them is an RN!...BUT...The owners promised that they were on site 24/7; I haven't seen them a single time I have visited. .The caregivers that are there spend most of the day sleeping. They have refused to co-operate with our home health liaison in matters of both daily care directions and access to the patient. Be prepared to spend more; evidently the rent will NOT include ANY supplies, and anything they say they have available for use is NOT actually for use. You will have to furnish your own.