A Family Affair ALH - Phoenix, AZ

A nice place to call home

I toured this community. The staff were very kind and were able to answer the questions we had on the care that is given. The community is clean and it is a nice atmosphere for the care of the family. The menu was appealing and the activities would have been helpful. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a family member

Avoid at all costs.

THE WORST ASSISTED LIVING HOME I HAVE EVER SEEN. COMPLETE LACK OF COMPASSION.

This place is ran by negligent and callous individuals that are in this industry to profit, not help people.

I was told within 24 hours that my mother with ALS was "not a good fit" for this location, which translates that she annoyed the staff. She was transferred to this facility from a medical facility WITHOUT ANY MEDICATION whatsoever, and as a result was obviously in a state of discomfort and pain. A Family Affair obviously had no compassion for this because within 24 hours her arriving my mother, with ALS (Lou Gherig's disease) was kicked out due to her being "irritable". If someone with a terminal disease is without over 10 of their medications for 24 hours, being irritable is the least extreme response they could have.

The caretaker had the worst attitude I have ever seen in a health care facility. Rude, callous, uneducated and downright negative. It would be a nightmare if I or anyone I loved had to live in a place like this.

If you're looking to place someone you love in an assisted living home that actually cares, look elsewhere.

Looking for another place

We were told they were 24 hour awake staff. Not so. They have 1 person there 24/7.
Very friendly and perfect for people who sleep all night.

Very nice home and possibly...

Very nice home and possibly our second choice. Extremely clean and the owner is very knowledgeable. Bedroom was a little small.

"THE HARBOR LIGHTHOUSE II" - Committed to Quality and Excellence in Caring for Seniors

The Harbor Ligthouse II at Costel & at Maria welcome you to our 24-hr care homes which provide the comfort of a real home. Our Qualified Certified Caregiver provides each resident with support in daily activities, while encouraging independence and pursuit in life-long skills and interest...We are proud of the home comfort for our Residents, Aid care provided by Friendly and Loving Caregivers and Attend to your everyday needs.