Zion Family Care Home - Durham, NC

very satisfied

very satisfied

Great Care Home

We chose Zion because of all the categories we just rated, the cleanliness of the community and the friendliness of the staff. The staff seems to care about my mother and stay engaged in the whole process of caring for her. It was a much better fit for our family to go with a residential care home over a large type community. We were lucky enough to get a private bedroom with a private bathroom as well. The owners and operators are very knowledgeable. Gina one of the owners is a Registered Nurse and that really made us feel more comfortable with the type of care our loved one would be receiving.

Only 6 residents is a littl...

Only 6 residents is a little small for the needed socialization for my dad. Will keep in mind if needs change .

The facility on Knotthole Lane was fa...

The facility on Knotthole Lane was fairly new. The emphasis was on personalized care within a family atmosphere. The max. number of residents was 6 with at least one care giver on duty 24 hours a day. The young woman who seemed to be in charge was very informative about how each patient's needs were addressed as well as the state's requirements and policies for care givers. Both my husband and I were very impressed with the passion she brings to her job and the wide range of professional training that she has had. The facility itself, while clean and well cared for, made me want to open the curtains/blinds and let some light into the rooms. The building was also not very large and I wondered if there was space for privacy if the patient wanted it. I was also amazed that the 2 people in charge of the tour did not have any written material about the home to give to prospective clients. I would consider this as a place for my mother, but I would not even consider placing my mother in the second home they are developing.