Emerald Meadows Assisted Living - Grand Rapids, MI

• Secure Memory Unit
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Female & Male Residents
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!

Little Too Late For Showing Improvement

When you feel the need to remove a loved one from a facility then you know things are bad. Despite the numerous discussions and concerns that have been brought forth things are slowly starting to change for how long hopefully permanently but who knows. There is poor communication between staff issues with medication. We no longer feel that it is in the best interest to keep our loved one there so we are taking them out.

Saratoga Grove

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Emerald Meadows. I would like to first apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory! I am glad you took the time to share your concerns — and if you have any issues you'd like to discuss further, I hope you will contact me again. I’m glad you have noticed the positive changes we've made, and I am confident that these improvements will persist.

Sincerely,
Shawn Phillips, Community Manager

They are superb here

My husband is so happy at Emerald Meadows Assisted Living, the staff are super, they take such good care of their residents. My husband even likes being a part of all the great activities and special events and going out on the terrific field trips they have there. He enjoys the food and going to to the dining area where he can socialize with the other residents. He is making friends and we would both recommend Emerald Meadows to everyone looking for a place for their loved ones. They are superb here.

Saratoga Grove

Thank you for this five-star review! We are so glad to know that you and your husband enjoy being part of the Emerald Meadows family. :)

Worth looking at.

My aunt is still adjusting to living at Emerald Meadows Assisted Living. The staff have been nice and patient with her. The community is clean and they do offer daily activities.

Saratoga Grove

Thanks for the four stars! We do understand that moving to a new community is a big adjustment for people, and we do whatever we can to ease the transition. Activities is one way to make new friends, so our staff work hard to offer a variety of opportunities. Thanks for noticing!

Bad DON

Some of the staff seemed very nice. The DON however I found to be very rude and unprofessional. She was not only rude to me but to the individual who I visited as well. When she left the room the resident stated to me "she doesn't like me very much". I found the environment to be tense and unwelcoming because of her and would not recommend sending a loved one there for that reason.

Please don't put your loved ones here

I could write a book about this place and would never leave a loved one here. They are under staffed make all kinds of excuses for errors. Medicine is never given on time or at all! Workers are in break room on cell phones or no where to be found. When you walk in at times all you smell is urine and the poor residents are soiled in it. Some of the workers are very rude and treat residents like they are a burden. Please don't put your loved ones here they deserve better!

Mom loves Bingo!

My Mom is very happy there.Everybody is nice to her and the staff is great.Mom has made a lot of friends and really enjoys BINGO ! She really enjoys activity's. The food is good and lots of variety.She has fun with a lot of the staff. Miss ones that use to be there. It is a very clean place , would recommend to other people.

Very nice place and employees. A lot...

Very nice place and employees. A lot of them come and go or fired for dumb reason and they were the best employee. The new DON is really werid and call herself helpimg out but making herself look dumb. Keep family away from here, the only ones that really care about your family members are the employee that work there the supervisors don't care at all. Missing the old DON......

Meals Could Be Better

I think they could improve on the meals. They have a lot of things that they warm up. The med techs, they need to be more friendly. They're okay but they can raise their voice and they get a little upset at the person they're helping. I think if there is a problem they need to walk away. My mom is there. I came unexpectedly and one of the med techs was yelling at my mom in her room. She's having a hard time adjusting because she doesn't want to take all the medicines that they were giving her. Now she's refusing to take the medicines because they're making her sleepy and she doesn't like that. We're trying to get her evaluated soon.

Stay away!!!

This place got rave reviews and recommended by Place for Mom so I placed my parents here. Their sheets are stained and have holes. They never bothered to change sheets after my father peed the bed (they just made it). There are too few aids per resident,. It takes about an hour for an aid to show, then they took my father to the bathroom then left for 15 minutes. The nurse refused to follow doctors orders because, "That wasn't the way we were trained." I was appalled.
Fellow residents are very pleasant and I will miss visiting with them at meals.
I would stay far away from this place if you care about the safety of your parents, or loved one. I'm looking to moving my family ASAP. I don't know how much they pay Place For Mom to be recommended, but after seeing how my parents were being cared for I will no longer take their recommendations seriously!!!!!!!!!!

They have been the best. From newsle...

They have been the best. From newsletters to christmas cards they are my #1 pick if we can afford them. Plus a great friend of ours is there.

Small, but nice.

Small, but nice.

This was the first place I visited. T...

This was the first place I visited. This was okay. The people seemed very friendly.

Nothing special.

Nothing special.

This is a wonderful home! My father i...

This is a wonderful home! My father is now on a waiting list, and hoping to move in ASAP. First my family, then my father went for a visit and were very impressed.

Good price. $2900/mo. Christian envir...

Good price. $2900/mo. Christian environment.

Great place - would love to have her ...

Great place - would love to have her here but there's a waiting list. Put her on the list

If you’re looking for Assisted Living in Cascade, Emerald Meadows offers plenty of opportunities for people who want a warm, vibrant community with convenient services. You’ll enjoy easy-to-manage personal space, along with community areas that offer room to socialize. Our attentive housekeeping staff will dust and vacuum once a week. Three times a day, our chef will prepare a meal for you that is nutritious and delicious. And you can choose from a schedule of life-enriching recreational opportunities.

If a loved one is in need of Memory Care, the sensitive support and sympathetic understanding offered by Emerald Meadows can give you and your family peace of mind in a situation that feels overwhelming.

Call, email, or visit our website for more information.