Westside Quality Care Manor - Culver City, CA

Care for my wife's mother who was suffering from Alzehemier

We met with [removed], who is a certified nurse, as well is his wife Belinda. He answered all our questions regarding the care , as well as the room (8 rooms total).
[removed] is extremely knowledgeable about the excellent quality of care they provide. The nurses on his staff, Wilma, Nancy and Lorraine are very devoted to caring for their patients and communicate well with their patients, and us.
We placed my wife's' mother, who was suffering from advanced Alzheimer's to the point where we couldn't care for her.
The care she received for the 1 1/2 years was exemplary. We couldn't have found a better place for her to be. [removed] personally would take her to the hospital when he found symptoms that warranted hospital care.
Unfortunately she developed into the final stages of the disease, and as [removed] was getting ready to take her to the hospital, we had arrived for a visit, and concurred with his decision. She passed away within 8 days.
I read the review of a "pit bull" and wanted to say she is not a pit bull. She is a loveable dog the that the patients there love too as well as we did.
We were so lucky to find [removed]'s place and we know that we made the right decision in placing her with is care and his wonderful staff.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to my appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked that the property was clean and well maintained for all of the residents. They had a spacious dinning room area that and some other great amenities. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision.

Nothing but good things to say!

I was not able to tour the Westside Quality Care Manor, but my girlfriend did and she was impressed. She thought it was wonderful and had nothing but good things to say. The only problem was that my loved one could not stay there to end of life and I did not want to have to move her.

No Hospice Waiver

Westside Care Manor is an excellent place in all respects. They were very attentive to the needs of my father while he was there. The nurses and caregivers were patient, attentive and compassionate. They provided healthy meals and the facility was clean and beautiful. The people who owns it are both nurses and gave my father excellent care.
I would highly recommend Westside Care Manor to anyone for there loved one's care,

This place does not have a waiver and residents must be able to turn in bed on their own. We are not at that place. Was not a fit. However, clean and nice tour.

No Bedridden Waiver

Couldn't get our family member out of there fast enough. Who keeps a PIT BULL in a house full of old people, and a pit bull that snarls and snaps at visitors at that?

Very Horrible Experience

The facility was beautiful, and the first administrator we met and the caregivers were wonderful. The owner, however, was rude and he made it clear he didn't want our loved one there, even though we explained her condition to him in detail before move-in. He also has a pit bull dog that snaps at visitors and runs loose in the facility. He also contacted our loved one's medical providers BEHIND our backs. Our loved one was only there five days before we had to switch facilities. Total disaster.

Gary Abrams

Sorry that this experience was not a good one for this family. The resident was admitted to the facility and was able to transfer with assist out of bed into a chair. On day five (5) the resident became unresponsive.. 911 was called and the resident was admitted to the hospital ER because of the inability to ambulate.A family member reported the resident's condition and was concerned about the resident's ability to return to this facility.I informed her that the resident would have to be re-evaluated to make sure that this facility was appropriate upon resident's discharge since we did not have a bedridden waiver. I received a phone call from a family member that resident was scheduled to be released from hospital today. Shortly thereafter I received a call from the hospital discharge planner and was given a condition report that stated that the patient (resident) was bed bound and had not been out of bed. She also required two people to give care. I personally went to the hospital to re-evaluate resident and discussed the plan of action with the discharge planner. We agreed that the patient was not appropriate to return to the facility. We agreed that the patient may benefit from rehab at a rehab facility and then she could be re-evaluated after that. That is the only contact I had with any health provider. The next day the family members came by to pick-up the resident's belonging and acted very reserved toward me. One of them accused me of violating the HIPPA Act which I had no idea of the connection. He stated that I had talked to the patient's doctor which never happened, but I truly had the right to communicate with resident's health care providers. Apparently there was some confusion and I offered to sit with them to resolve these issues. Never received a response to the offer. Never had the opportunity to talk about rehab or after that. We do have a Chinese Shar-Pei dog who like most normal dog behavior will bark at strangers at first.The residents have no problems and generally pet and try to feed her from their plate. She does have a big bark though.As much as we would like not every persons is eligible to be accepted by our facility.

The less said about our brief experience there the better.

The only thing I will say is they have a very scary pit bull dog that runs loose in the house. It snapped at two of us. Too scary of an animal to have around old people!, or anybody else for that matter! Unfortunately, we didn't know about this dog until the day of move-in.

Gary Abrams

The dog is a Chinese Shar Pei with a large bark. We have never ever had any one that refused to move-in because of not knowing there was a dog present. This dog will bark at any strangers that walks by or comes up to the door. There is now way to miss her.