most square feet for the dollar

Wellington Place Apartments is most square feet for the dollar and everybody knows it. There are activities planned but not for the general population. It's a little too warm on the third floor for me. I cannot adjust the thermostat in my room. The one in the living room I can adjust. [removed]

Wellington Place - a Pretty Good Deal

I've been here only 6 weeks, so my viewpoint can be taken with that grain of salt.

The rent is low for the number of square feet I have; the carpeting is lovely if somewhat too deep to adequately support an office chair's wheel footprint; I love the laundry IN my apartment - despite the fact it was unuseable when I moved in and it took 2 weeks for the repair to be scheduled.

The balcony is a real treat; I think I'll be able to enjoy it from April through October & possibly later. It's upsetting that a car was stolen from our garage days after I moved in. The landlord supplied re-programed replacement garage door openers the next day.

The hallways and "lobby" have been insufferably HOT during the summer (I moved in late-June). Maintaining the "cool" during the hot months is difficult here in the "Trihouse" (um, instead of the penthouse) Phil Kessel told me to "... leave the A/C Temp Control ( TC) on 5; that should be fine." The TC in the bedroom won't move above or below 5, so ... ? If I move the Living Room TC above 5, it DOES render the room pretty cold, so I leave it at 5 unless I want an hour or so of cooling off. Otherwise, it's not bad in here for only 2 wall-mount A/Cs.

I HATE the fact I have to take my key with me to mail a letter by the mailboxes. I left my door unlocked and just, er, popped down to mail a letter one night around 4:00 a.m. and, of course, was locked out of my 3rd floor West "pod" until Lewey came down for his newspaper around 5:45 a.m. Sheesh !

And finally, the curb (about 6-8 inches) by the garage door is UNmarked. I ran over it when heading in to my parking spot the second time I entered the garage. I ruined the rocker panel and door of my car. There needs to be a concrete-filled pole just like those outside our garage door at the apex of that curb for unsuspecting new tennants.