Wedgwood Senior Apartments - San Antonio, TX

NOT AS ADVERTIZED

My close relative lives at the Wedgwood. The facility is not what it is advertised to be. The Air Conditioners often fail. The management arbitrarily stops offering services which are listed on its website. My relative must pay rent by check or pay a $35.00 autopay fee. Residents are promised a particular unit with important features, but management changes their unit to one without the desired feature. There is NO one to help the residents. Maintenance staff is warned they will lose their jobs if they help a resident move something ( a piece of furniture.) It appears that most of the investment is being made in the lobby, while important repairs are ignored. The Laundry facilities are often in disrepair forcing residents to search on other floors for a washer/dryer. Resident fell and called the office to request that it calla 911. Resident was told she would have to call 911 herself. This facility needs significant management improvement and repair.

I could live here!

My sister had been living in an extended stay hotel for almost 2 years when she became ill. This place has been a Godsend! She is able to live alone, but have a safety net if she needs it and the activities keep her interested and getting out & doing instead of hiding away in a dark room all alone. It's an older building but has everything she needs & is affordable on her limited income!

The visit went well. I like...

The visit went well. I liked the facility; it was like entering a hotel lobby. The areas I saw were very clean and organized. All the people we saw were going about their business and they all seemed comfortable with their surroundings. I liked it for my Dad; think he would be very comfortable living there. I'm sure he would make friends; liked that he can have his car and also access to a bus for going to HEB, Wal Mart or out to eat. Felt they have many programs available to residents. Now, I just have to convince him. Ms. Purchase was very knowlegdeable and helpful. I didn't notice any special type of security (as far as going up into the living areas) and forgot to ask. I noticed many people moving around, in and out of building, and most took elevator up. Sure not all lived there; made me wonder about safety of residents in their apartments. Would have liked to see some accoutability for visitors. I was impressed with the organization; Ms. Purchase told me that they are in the process of changing into an in-house cafeteria for residents instead of catering by Luby's. Overall, I liked the Wedgwood; it has many positive advantages for seniors; it was neat and clean (no odd smells). This visit gave me a better understanding of a retirement community. Thank you.

Very run-down, dark dreary ...

Very run-down, dark dreary hallways, filthy windows, extremely outdated. No visible gathering of residents...no sense of community. Smelled musty and stale. Bathrooms were extremely small, no countertop space, and very run down. Kitchens are very old and small (some have antique ovens from the 1960's). The walls in all rooms were at odd angles...no 90 degree angles in any rooms...very awkward to place furniture. Felt like an old hotel. My son said the hallways creeped him out and were probably haunted by ghosts. My husband said the hallways reminded him of the movie 'The Shining.' Pretty courtyard, but not a good fit for mom and dad.

Tricia Brackett

Dear Prospect,
I do apologize for your experience while visiting our community. I’m unsure if you already found a new place to call home however I encourage you to revisit our community. During your visit to the community, Wedgwood was in the middle of changing ownership and that may be the reason why your visit was not up to your expectations. As the new owners, we do pride ourselves in customer service, knowledgeable employees and a clean community. Again if you are still searching for a home we would love to show you our community one more time and tell you about all the new upcoming changes. Please keep in mind not all our apartment homes have gallery size “angle” statement walls but the ones that do make great at-home gallery walls. If you’re an art collector or have furniture that are art pieces they will shine in these amazing floor plans.

Wedgewood

This is a nice environment for seniors who can take care of their own daily needs-- I would recommend for mobile, self sufficient senior living. The are transportation arrangements available-- which is great for those who cant or dont drive.

Located in bustling San Antonio, Wedgwood Senior Apartments provides assisted living for active seniors. Your loved one will receive care around the clock, as there is a licensed nurse on call. Discreet help with daily living tasks, such as bathing and grooming, are provided in private. Chef-prepared meals are available on site and served restaurant-style in the dining room. Outdoor common areas are ideal for walking a pet. Inside, planned activities and games will keep your loved one's social calendar full. Cozy living rooms are inviting for a quiet book or craft. Transportation for medical appointments and outings is provided.