Walker Methodist Hazel Ridge - Maplewood, MN

We liked this place. A than we need but very nice. Remains a possibility, little more expensive

Clean, Quiet Community

My loved one lives at Walker Methodist, and so far, it is a great community. It's clean, it's quiet, and we have experienced great customer service here. The place is modern enough, though I know that they are going through some remodeling right now, and I think it will only improve the community. Above all else, my loved one really likes it here. Her apartment is very nice and clean with a wonderful view. I would certainly recommend this community to others.

I toured on 9/20 with [Removed]. I also found it very appealing but did not have all the amenities as The Lodge. I will be looking at more places before I decide.

Pleased with my Move Here

I would recommend this community it is a very nice place. I'am pleased with my move to this community. Everything is working out pretty so far. It is a good looking facility, they do a good job with the cleanliness. I happy with my move here, and I would recommend this community.

Happy with My Move

I'am happy with my move this community. Everything working out well, they have been very welcoming. The staff is very kind, friendly. They do a great job with the cleanliness of the community. All is well so far, and I would recommend this facility.

Very Nice Place!!

The Walker Methodist was a very nice place, the people were all so friendly and seemed to be always ready to help! I don't think it would be a good fit for my mother anymore because she will be needing a higher level of care, but it is a very nice place!

Awesome Community

This is an awesome community, and my mother is doing very well since her move to this community. They are providing her with great care, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. It is a well-kept community, they do a good job with keeping the community and the grounds nice and well maintained. They have good activities offered for the residents. It is a community I would recommend, because it has worked out well for us. I know she is safe and in a good place.

Calling Hazel Ridge home

When we first started this journey with my mom, we looked at 4 different places, Hazel Ridge was the only place that greeted their residents by their name. [Removed] was amazing with answering all our questions and making us feel comfortable. After my mom moved in we got to know other staff members, [Removed] and [Removed], and they are just as kind and helpful. They building is a little older but is clean and kept up well.

Our experience at Hazel Ridge.

[Removed] and I were not pressured into renting at Hazel Ridge. We were free to look at all the rooms available at the time. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the building and grounds. It is a quiet place and the residents are friendly. Jim and I are happy we chose Hazel Ridge for out new home.
[Removed] and I have driven past the building for years and never realized it was here. We got a call to tour the building and everything seemed to just fall into place. They even worked with us to be able to have our dog. The staff was very friendly and helpful and answered any questions we had. I would recommend Hazel Ridge to my family and friends.

My Visit To The Community!

The people I met during our tour were nice and they have a nice dining room. The building is dark, old and in need of repair. They could use new carpeting in the hallways. It did not feel like it was a very active community.

Hazel Ridge

Toured the complex and felt it would be a good fit for my mom. Took her to see it and she agreed, reserved an apartment and moved in. Great size one bedroom. Offers nurses on staff 5 days a week which I liked as mom has high fall risk and mobility issues. Also like that utilities are included so makes it a good value. Staff is readily available when mom or I have questions. Even helped with getting her an absentee ballot so she could vote. It was a tough transition for her, but she is more comfortable and beginning to meet people and get involved in the book club with other seniors.

Very nice facility with a lot of amenities and services. This is the one my Dad chose. Although it was build in the 80's, the property looks to be only about 5 years old, if that. They either have an awesome maintenance staff or Corrine got the age wrong. She seemed pretty sharp so it's probably the former. They even have a lake out the back door with a very nice, paved walkway around it. It is probably the most expensive one we toured but worth it.

Mom loved living at this community!!!

This independent living community is clean and well taken care of. The food was good and the staff were helpful. Mom was able to do her own laundry and cleaning. She only moved to another community as she needed assisted living. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

This place has it all and Corrine was a delight to talk to. Right now I am looking to be "in city" but this is a serious place to consider in a couple of years when I want more peace and quiet.

In Good Hands

My sister is doing okay here at this community, she is still adjusting to it. It is a nice looking community, for the most part they keep everything nice and clean. We are comfortable with the care they are providing her with. We know she is safe and in good hands.

Review of Walker Methodist Hazel Ridge - Maplewood, MN

Nice facility but is an older building that seemed to need a little care or maintenance. The views from the back of the building are very nice overlooking a large wooded area and lake in the distance. I did not interact with any of the staff other than the property manager. The grounds of the building were nice.

Warm and inviting

The atmosphere here is very warm and inviting. The staff is very attentive and they are so welcoming. The facility itself is always clean. The food here is even good, which is rare at a retirement community.

Very nice place

I'm very pleased with how things have turned out at Walker Methodist! The staff are very friendly and efficient, and the place is always very clean. It's just a very nice place overall!

nice facility but too much...

nice facility but too much eating cost, pricey

Very nice community

So far they've done an excellent job at Walker at Hazel Ridge! They really impressed us during the selection process. They always answered our questions in a timely manner, and when we toured they were inviting, warm, and great at explaining their services to our family. The dining service is also very nice here, the food is delicious!

All Smiles

My mother and myself toured many places to see where she would like to live. She had decided on another place but then decided to tour Hazel Ridge on the last day we had.
We sat on a park bench out front and talked it over and she told me that she thinks she should live at Hazel Ridge because all the people she saw and/or talked with smiled and said hello to her! My mother picked Walker at Hazel Ridge because the attitude and vibe of the establishment was so down to earth, friendly and happy. She could feel that and it was all it took for me to want her to live in that environment and feel that around her. We moved in 8 days later.

Methodist. Immediate avail-...

Methodist. Immediate avail-$1721 includes 10 meals for both monthly. *No need to divulge private info. Tenent pays elec. $500 deposit +$600 community fee upfront then month by month -standard lease. Can add assisted living needs at any time via 'a la carte' pricing.

Does not provide bathroom help after ...

Does not provide bathroom help after 9:00 p.m. Otherwise sounds like a great facility.

Very nice but not an assisted living ...

Very nice but not an assisted living place. If it was that would be a great place.Very nice views trees and lake and walking path and sports field neer by. Wed. 3/28

Very nice but not an assisted living ...

What would it be like to live without worries of home maintenance or safety? To know that with assistance readily available, you can enjoy an independent lifestyle today... and tomorrow? That's the lifestyle you deserve, and the lifestyle you'll discover at Walker at Hazel Ridge, a friendly senior community in the heart of Maplewood, Minnesota. Walker at Hazel Ridge offers a setting rich in natural beauty nestled along the banks of Hazelwood Park and Markham Pond, yet minutes away from St. Johns Hospital, Maplewood Mall, numerous churches, restaurants, and entertainment. Catered Living Services, two meals daily, laundry and housekeeping can be purchased ala carte or in cost-saving packages. Home Health Services provide help with medication management, health monitoring, bathing, dressing, and grooming. Assistance can be purchased in 15 minute increments on an as needed basis or in cost-saving packages.