Veranda at Whitted School - Durham, NC

Veranda at Whitted School - Durham, NC has yet not published prices.

Management, Amenities, Security Definitely Lacking

A Place For Mom helped me find Veranda at Whitted, and the service itself was outstanding. They went above and beyond to help me. However, at Veranda, the management, amenities, and security are definitely lacking. The sole manager in the community is [Removed]. She is incredibly hard to talk to, and is not at all helpful or supportive. The only amenities here are an exercise room and a pool room. Community technology was advertised, but the computer, internet, and television are often inaccessible to residents. Veranda is supposed to be a gated community with security guards, but the computers for the gates are often off, so they do not work, and there is no guard. Given my experience, I would not recommend Veranda to anyone.

Accommodating staff

I used to go to this facility a long time ago and when I came back to tour, I noticed they had done a lot of work to it. There are only 2 staff members here and they are very accommodating and one of them worked hard, yet gracefully, to get me in here. It is a bigger facility but it is kept up with well. However, there are a few minor things that I would like to see change. It would be nice to have a grill area outside and also a change machine in the laundry room. I would recommend this facility to other families.