Tuscany at McCormick Ranch - Scottsdale, AZ

Beautiful place to spend beautiful years

My friend and I were looking towards future places to "retire" and easier living. We came across Tuscany At McCormick. We didn't have an appointment to tour the facility, but we were still welcomed with open arms; not just by the front desk, but by the residents. We took that as a good sign. The front desk called Director of Sales and Marketing, [Removed], who graciously agreed to spend time with us along with a tour of Tuscany.

A couple of weeks later my friend and I were invited to have lunch at the Tuscany, so we brought our husbands with us. (Husbands are the challenge in making a move such as this. ;-)) The food was wonderful and the staff was very attentive. (They have their own on site chef.) [Removed] joined us for lunch and afterwards we took a more detailed tour including some of the apartments and condos.

I think if you are looking for a safe, active, friendly and caring facility to enjoy your mature years, this is thee place. The décor is beautiful. The Tuscany is small and quaint. I was so impressed that staff knew all of the residents. That's "family".

I work in the Senior Living industry and have had the pleasure of touring this community. It's an absolutely beautiful community! The staff and residents are extremely helpful and friendly! This community is super clean and well taken care of. I have to say, this is one of the nicest communities I have been in.

Beautiful community

If I could score this community a 10 out of 5 I would. It is absolutely beautiful! The food is fantastic and the facility is very clean. The residents all dressed very elegantly and nice.It was on the top end of my budget.I waited six months on the waiting list here but they had no vacancies. This community was my top pick out of all the ones I toured.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Wow, thank you for your kind words and wonderful review of Tuscany at McCormick Ranch. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you home to Tuscany in the near future.

A very caring retirement resort for my parents!

My parents have resided at Tuscany since early 2016. It is their retirement resort! It would be very difficult to find a more compassionate facility. Everyone there has done an outstanding job, of helping my parents adjust to their new surroundings. Thank you to all the very caring employees at Tuscany!!!

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

At MBK we endeavor to complete each task – large or small – with a passion for excellence. Thank you for letting us know that our experienced caring associates at Tuscany at McCormick Ranch are fulfilling that mission! We're thrilled to hear the impact our caring associates have made on you and your parents.

Tuscany at McCormick Ranch

My mother moved to Tuscany at McCormick Range three years ago. She is very pleased. The staff and residents have become her family and friends. The staff is very nice, caring and competent. The facility, food and amenities are excellent. We are pleased that she is there. We highly recommend it.

Good Care

This is a nice community for good care. the staff is excellent and caring. The meals are good with a nice variety. Alot of activities are available. I would highly recommend this community to other families.

Good Care for Mom

This is a nice community for my mom. We find that the staff is very caring and friendly. The food is good and offers a good variety. My mom is also offered activities to participate in. I would recommend this community for good care for a loved one.

I would recommend this community!!!

We like living at Tuscany. The staff are wonderful and go out of their way to make things good for you. They offer one meal a day and it is good. They offer a variety of healthy options. They offer daily activities and we are looking forward to getting involved in these. They keep the community well maintained.

I can't stress how nice the staff has been. We haven't moved in yet, but the community is extremely clean, and I honestly don't know how they could have been nicer. They were absolutely incredible, and made me feel extremely welcome.

So happy we found the Tuscany for our mom!

My mother-in-law resided for many years in an upscale independent living establishment in Roslyn, New York. The place was elegant but the food, which for her was a high priority, was extremely lacking. We started looking for a better priced, still upscale location with an excellent restaurant. We settled on Tuscany.

The move from New York to Scottsdale was very stressful because the moving van broke down 3 times and took over 3 weeks to arrive. With all that happened I haven't seen my mother in law this happy in years. Arrangements were originally made with Cathy Leonard, Tuscany's Marketing Director, and she was with us all the way, helping and providing support. I can't say enough how wonderful she has been! She made the transition as effortless and comfortable and welcoming as possible. And the entire staff including Aida and Jan at the front desk and Suzy, Social Director have shown all of us great compassion and caring. They really made my mother feel at home.

Oh: I forgot to mention my mother absolutely loves the chef! It's been so long since I've heard her rave about her meals.

The Tuscany is very special. I visited eight establishments before deciding this was the best place in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. I am so happy with our choice!

There's no better place....

The move from New York to Scottsdale was very stressful because the moving van broke down 3 times and took over 3 weeks to arrive. With all that happened I haven't seen my mother in law this happy in years. Arrangements were originally made with Cathy [removed], Tuscany's marketing director, and she was with us all the way, helping and providing support. I can't say enough how wonderful she has been! She made the transition as effortless and comfortable and welcoming as possible. And the entire staff including Aida and Jan at the front desk and Suzy, social director have shown all of us great compassion and caring. They really made my mother feel at home.

A Really Fine Senior Community

As a professional involved in the senior living industry, I've been coming to the community for several years. The community has never looked better and in my last visit in the past two weeks, the warmth and hospitality of the staff and residents was so on display. The family I was with was so impressed by the residents they met and the time everyone took with them on their visit. I love coming into the community and look forward to my next visit.

A Real Good Job

All in all I thought that Tuscany at McCormick Ranch did real good job. My loved one who lives there is kind of difficult to deal with, but they have managed to work with it. The food is awesome there.

Tuscany at McCormick

Living at Tuscany is a unique experience. There is a warm comradeship which pervades the atmosphere. I feel truly blessed to have found a home here. The atmosphere is fair, friendly, and challenging, as we have many activities to engage our interests and assure our welfare. The accommodations and food are excellent. Living among 80 seniors would be daunting if it were not for a definite harmony which we all feel, right from the start.

Amazing place that truly cares

It would be impossible for me to write a more positive review. I moved my parents in about three weeks ago. One of the primary reasons we chose Tuscany was a real sense of intimacy and caring that went above and beyond other, larger facilities. I can very honestly say that the staff at Tuscany has far exceeded my own high expectations, and have been true partners to make my parents move as easy and positive as possible.

While I could write pages and mention so many people here who have made a difference, the first person you will meet is Cathy who is the head of Marketing and Sales. But unlike other facilities, her role and involvement goes far beyond. From the first meeting to today as I write this, she continues to be a true partner with my parents and me. She cares, and it shows. The advice, recommendations and friendship through a tough process have been literally priceless. I can't ever thank her enough.

As for the facility itself, it's beautiful. Smaller than many other properties, it has everything my parents could want along with a sense of intimacy that is unmatched. The apartments are beautiful, and more spacious that some others including the ability to fit a king-sized beds in the unit my folks are in.

And the food. They said it was good. They were wrong. The food is FANTASTIC! I live in NYC and eat at some great restaurants. The food here is on par or better than many of them. I'm not exaggerating.

Overall, if you are considering moving to an independent living facility, you owe it to yourself to visit Tuscany. It's just that good.

They Are Very Good

The best thing that they do is they have good food. Certainly for my mother that is real important. I suppose there have been some complaint about the number of activities, but that's because it's a smaller place. I think they are very good.

Great facility

As another professional in the senior care marketplace, I have observed the Tuscany staff and their residents interactions. The entire staff is professional, caring and very attentive to their resident's needs. From the administration, to Cathy [last name removed] and the marketing staff, to Jan at the front desk, and Susie in activities, all Tuscany visitors and residents are warmly welcomed and cared for. I have recommended and will continue to recommend clients to Tuscany at Mc Cormick Ranch.

Tuscany is by far the tops!!

My mum and I first visited Tuscany at McCormick Ranch 8 years ago when we were in the early stages of looking for a suitable residence for her ... it always stayed uppermost in our minds as the perfect place for her to call home.

When she finally decided she was ready to make the move to independent retirement living last year (with all of the great perks), the first place we went to was Tuscany!

She went on the waiting list in order to get just the right apartment and it was worth the year's wait. She is thrilled -- as am I. Not only does she love her apartment, but she and I got to know the community in the time we had been waiting, as we made many trips there to attend events and just visit to see what was going on during that time.

The staff are always incredibly friendly, genuinely interested and amazingly helpful! Cathy Leonard has been an absolute angel ... we love her and cannot say enough wonderful things about her!! She is the best representative for any retirement community we have ever visited (and we visited many over the years).

After seeing over a dozen places for Mum, Tuscany is by far the tops. Now that she has been living there for a month, she has been treated so well, I feel very relieved that she is in great hands and has many of her needs attended to so I can rest easy knowing she is safe and happy. She has made nice friends and there are always fun and interesting activities.

We cannot recommend Tuscany at McCormick Ranch high enough. You will not be disappointed. From the moment you walk in and are warmly welcomed, to the fine dining experience, the rich decorations, beautiful grounds, cozy small family feel, and all else, there is everything to love!

Homey

I've visited the Tuscany on several occasions and have felt welcomed and very comfortable each time. The entire residence is fresh and spotless. The residents are all very happy to be here a I have heard only positive word about the food and service from residents. This is a homey and happy place.

Things to consider...

Tuscany is mis-categorized as Assisted Living; it is Independent Living with pay-as-you-go care services available. The property is well-located near shopping and restaurants and has scheduled transportation to many places. It is often difficult to schedule individual trips without significant advance notice, and waits for returns can be long. The units are attractive but at the high end of the cost scale with very little storage space.
The complex was sold in 2014 to a Japanese investment firm and many changes are underway, not all to the liking of the residents. There has been a huge turnover in personnel.
In addition, the trees that make the property so attractive have invasive roots so they are being cut down. Apparently there was a lot of deferred maintenance that the purchasers did not investigate so extensive costs are forthcoming for a new roof, plumbing repairs, painting, landscaping, etc. Multi-year leases with guaranteed limits on rent increases have been eliminated in favor of single year leases with yearly increases meaning rents will rise more rapidly than in the past. Many residents are in their 80's & 90's and use walkers.
The company claims they are aiming for a more youthful market but haven't succeeded, and their advertising shows a daughter with her obviously elderly mother, not exactly what would attract younger, more active seniors.
Most of the company's other properties are assisted living.
The units range from studio to 2BR villas with a full DR and garage, by far the most spacious of any place we visited.

Lovely Property, Professional Staff

I was able to spend some time at Tuscany at McCormick Ranch and was very impressed with the environment and staff were very professional and welcoming, I was able to dine in the beautiful dining room and have a fantastic meal. The finishes are thoughtful and ceilings are high. When can I move in? Thanks for having me!

No time to grow OLD

I am busier than I've ever been. Something to do every day, often several times a day. Out with the "Lunch Bunch", listening to lectures, shaping up with yoga, stretching and swimming too. Bridge and poker are great and I love eating our gourmet meals. Always with friends, friends like family. Painting, singing, discussing. No time to grow old! Too busy!!

What a beautiful friendly place! Perfect size, immaculate surroundings and professional staff. Well planned apartments with every amenity need to feel comfortable. Impressed.

They are very good so far.

They are very good so far. They are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. It is expensive, but there is a level of comfort for both my mother, as well as for us. They don't have quite as many residents and they are able to pay attention a little better to the people that are there, and are more able to recognize whether something is up or down. They are able to adjust the situation to have certain residents meet, based on personality and compatibility. They only get one meal a day, but it is an extraordinarily good meal. They have both quality and quantity, and are encouraged to take their leftovers to their room. I think they have a good variety of activities, I don't know how much my mother has been participating.

Positive Changes

Moving my mother from Tucson, Arizona to Phoenix was helped tremendously by knowing, "A Place for Mom" was there. With their suggestions we viewed 5 different living communities and with my mother found that Tuscany seemed to be the best fit for her. Residents and all of the staff were/are very helpful and made my mother feel very comfortable with her decision. My mother is very happy and has been very busy at Tuscany. The food is wonderful and made as if you were at a fine restaurant. The staff is very caring and the residents are open and inviting to make all feel very welcome. I think all the positive energy at Tuscany helps the residents also. I know I've seen a very positive change in my mothers attitude since being at Tuscany at McCormick Ranch.

Love this facility! Pros: ...

Love this facility! Pros: Lots of activities, can have a small pet, great food options and beautiful facilities. [removed] the high end of our budget and has a 6-9 month waiting list. Still, definitely a contender.

Nice community

All in all they've done a good job so far. The community itself is clean, the staff have been friendly, and they provide a good amount of care and services for the residents. The biggest issue we've had is that it seems like they need to hire an additional driver, their transportation schedule is always completely booked, it's difficult to even schedule anything.

Better than The Hyatt!

WOW, I have never seen anything like this for retirement age people!! This is not a dorm, it's like a Resort even down to Room Service and Sunday Champagne brunch that's better than the Biltmore! After seeing this, I am ready to retire and start enjoy Country Club living where everyone knows me by first name!!

Tuscany at McCormick Ranch is one of Scottsdale's most luxurious full-service rental retirement communities. The property features 57 apartment homes and 16 villas. you may select from a myriad of floor plans to suit your lifestyle with choices ranging from one bedroom apartment homes to lovely villas with attached garages. Tuscany is located on Scottsdale's beautiful greenbelt where a leisurely stroll or bike ride is just steps away.

Tuscany provides a Home Care agency based on the property 24/7 to meet the needs of residents. Care may be as minimal as medication reminders, assistance with bathing and dressing but is also available for all day and overnight assistance.The nurse has regular hours at Tuscany to visit with the residents, answer their questions, or simply take their blood pressure.

All apartments & villas have granite counter tops, full size kitchen & laundry appliances, tiled kitchen and bathrooms, wall to wall carpet, window treatments and a balcony or patio with access from the livingroom and bedroom. Most units also have dual thermostats.

The community offers a pool, spa, putting green, library, Cicero's cocktail lounge for nightly happy hours, theatre, exercise room, private dining room, beauty salon, and transportation by the Tuscany van or Cadillac.Tuscany offers dining in a restaurant-style environment with delicious meals prepared by their award winning chef and personalized service by their very thoughtful and attentive staff.

Tuscany is the smallest community in Scottsdale which makes it cozy and easy to know your neighbors. It is very charming and feels more like a boutique hotel.