If you can afford someplace better, go there.

Best thing about Sugarbush House is the low price. The only activities seem to be meals and TV. The staff is friendly and caring, but there isn't anything in the house to keep a senior active. In fact, every time I visit, I see people sitting around in front of the television.

The Right "Place for Dad"!

Janine, the owner, and Cricket, the overall manager, are incredible people! you can tell within one minute that they love people, and that they are committed to give the best care possible for their "residents", and they instill that thought process in their staff. My brother and I were concerned whether placing my father in an assisted living home would be the right thing for him. Cricket explained the guidelines for care, and the services available, and we knew that this was the best place for our father to live. He has been there almost a month, and told me today how much he enjoys living at Sugarbush. I recommend Sugarbush to anyone in need of a "Place for Mom", or Dad!!

Sugarbush was a Blessing

My Mom was only at Sugarbush House for four months but the experience was far above and beyond my expectations. They are wonderful people with kind hearts and they truly show those they care for and their families love and compassion. They have homes that are real homes to those who live there and their open hearts and attention to detail is wonderful. My Mom was of course devastated to have to leave her own home but we could not have found a better substitute for her. After she suffered a severe heart attack and stroke at the same time she returned to her Sugarbush home on hospice care for less than 24 hours but was welcomed as warmly as her first day. There will never be the right words to fully express our gratitude for the home and friendships provided Mom and our family at Sugarbush House.

A new home not just a place to live.

Our Mom has been at Sugarbush House for 10 days now and we are very pleased. The staff and owner are gracious and very considerate of Mom and of our family. It has been a blessing to know she is never alone, she is safe and she has been laughing and smiling much more than we have experienced in the past year. A Place For Mom helped tremendously in the search. We now know Mom is in a safe, loving and comfortable new home that allows her to make this transition with grace. Thank you all.

Cricket and Carol were prof...

Cricket and Carol were professional, helpful, and interested in hearing our needs and situation. My mother has yet to visit this location.

This was very nice but was my second ...

This was very nice but was my second choice.

At Sugarbush House we see a different way of assisting our elderly members through a new stage in their lives. Acknowledging that where they live is their home and not to the staff, we have established a facility that meets their needs and nourishes their social connections, individual dignity and personal preferences. All of the bedrooms are extremely large some are to be shared. Each bedroom has its own bathroom with colorful tile and amenities. Comfortable chairs for sitting are available around the house. Common areas include an extremely large living room with floor to ceiling windows with a view of the blooming apple orchard. A ceiling-mounted projector T.V. can show their favorite movies. There is a central courtyard located in the middle of the home for even more natural light. The open and airy dining room is located between the sunny courtyard and massive living room with an expansive wooden table for communal dining. In addition, there is a cozy family room off the professional kitchen.

For those needing assistance with their hair grooming needs, there is a salon located in the home with a salon sink, portable dressing chair, and portable hair dryer for residents’ comfort.

Far more devastating than physical illness to our elders is lack of purpose. Studies have shown over and over that seniors who engaged in activities they find meaningful are far more likely to maintain mental acuity, physical health and emotional well-being. Although the hospital model attempts to provide such stimulation, such activities are organized by staff with little input from patients and can become one more set of required tasks for all involved. At The Sugarbush House we work with residents to identify areas of interest and methods of community involvement that will interest them.