Landings of Genesee Valley - Flint, MI

Beware! Will not honor contract

Watch out! The agreement Homewood Village - Brookdale made with my family when we brought my mom here was a signed addendum. Now that my mom is sick and in hospice, they ignore the agreement and add to our grief with thousands of dollars in extra charges. What a slippery sales tactic. How can this be a caring facility when they treat people this way.

Not a good place. Saw lots of patching on the walls, ripped screens, damaged windows. Memory care is dark and depressing. They seem disorganized there.

Janet Davis

Thank you for your feedback! At Landings of Genesee Valley, we are always looking for ways we can improve. Please feel free to let us know more about your experience with our community at [removed].

Nice Tour

Landings of Genesee Valley was a nice small community. It was warm and inviting. It was very clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly and helpful in providing answers to our questions. We ended up choosing another community that was a better fit for our budget.

Mom is Well

All is well for my mother in this community.

Lovely Care Home

This is a lovely community, and my husband is doing very well since his move here. Unfortunately I will have to move him out soon, because it is becoming very expensive. I'am going to be sad when we have to leave this care home, it is a wonderful place. The staff is amazing, they are very caring, and kind. Everything is very well maintained. I'am satisfied with all they have done for us, and I would recommend this care home.

Highly recommended!

My mother us doing wonderful! They finally got her medications straightened out so she is doing very well and she is happy. The staff there are friendly and they are taking very good care of her. Thr facility is clean and organized. We mainly chose this place because of the location, it is close to my family.

Buyer Beware

[Removed]. Opportunists that capitalize on families when they are vulnerable. Administration puts on a great act that they care when they are trying to sell you on the place, but as soon as they have your money the "caring" is over. Pathetic administration.

Fantastic

I sincerely appreciate the time they spent helping us with our goals and their recommendations on helping our father to assimilate into their care facility. Their advice was very helpful and gave me a new perspective on available care for our father.
They were very helpful in easing the transition of moving him into the facility. Their staff has been exceptionally helpful in caring for him. We have been very surprised and pleased with his reaction to living there. They have definitely gone above and beyond to make him feel at home with the special care and patience that they have shown him.
It is obvious to us that they care for the people that they are taking care of

Everythings going good!

Everything has been going well. Mom likes it and we really like it. They have so much for the residents to do. They are also very close to us and the cost is reasonable. The community and mom's room is clean.

Expensive for my 93 year old mom, but loved the place and [Removed]. She has been so much help.

Outstanding care for loved ones.

We liked this community a lot. The staff was very caring and helpful. This has a very nice home effect. The rooms are very nice. The variety of meals is good. Home cooking. A small community which is nice because they get more care. They are always offered to do the activities. We really liked that the community is closer for visitation. A very clean community. I would recommend this community to other families for the great care and the value of a loved one.

Mother's Care

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The staff are friendly to her needs. She has been alot of activites. She is making friends here and seems to be happy here with eveerything. I would recommend this community for good care and a good value for a loved one.

FEELS LIKE HOME

ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!!

There is no other place for my Mom. Our visit was WONDERFUL! We are looking forward to moving her into the Landings. [Removed] and the staff were so outgoing. When we entered, it was almost dinner time. The residents were forming in the lounge area waiting to be seated in the dining room, which says to me that the food is delicious. Everyone looks like they are cared for to the highest degree. [Removed] was thorough yet honest. All of our questions were answered. Information was shared without us asking. I can't see my Mom anywhere else. The Landings is for us!

Very Thoughtful Caring Community

I have had gained a lot of knowledge about senior community, through out the years with my parents. I feel I have finally found a place where I know they are being cared for well. Everyone from the receptionist to the aids, and the administration has been very helpful and caring. When my parents were in rehab they come out to the rehab to do the assessments on them. They have been very accommodating. They provide individual care plans for the residents. I would highly recommend this community, it is a wonderful place.

My Parents Are Together

It is going pretty well for my parents and I am happy with the care. The staff are able to give the proper care to my parents. MY parents also seem to like the meals that are made. I have seen activities at the community on my way to my parent's room. My dad has been on an outing but he didn't like it, they just drove around the city and stopped for a treat. A posted calendar may improve the activity involvement.

A Wonderful Tour

This was a pleasant tour for me. This is a lovely community with very kind people. The community looked great, everything was very nice and clean. The staff was friendly and informative.

Very Nice Community

We have been at Landings of Genesee Valley community for a month. So far so good. We have no complaints, staff is really friendly. The community is really clean my brother seems to like the food. He does not complain.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Landings of Genesee Valley has been a good one! It's a nice looking, clean, well kept facility, and the people all seem very friendly. My loved one has settled in well and is enjoying herself here! However, she has mentioned that the food could use some work.

This seemed to be a good fit for our mom. All her needs are being met.

Not a good experience

Unfortunately our experience with Brookdale Genesee Valley has not been a good one. The staff need better training, and better supervision. It feels like a lot of the time he is just left alone instead of receiving the care that we are paying for. He isn't bathed as often as he should be, he doesn't receive assistance getting dressed, and his sheets are changed only very rarely. The place looks nice enough, and the food seems good, so maybe it would be a good place for someone who needs less help, but it hasn't been a good solution for us.

Mom has only been in the facility for 2 weeks...so it's a little early. but so far we are very pleased.

Caring staff helps during this difficult time.

So far it has been fine but by the end of the month, management will be changing hands, they will be Meridian. I haven't heard good things about Meridian, but we will have to see how it plays out. So far though things have been in flux, I haven't seen a negative impact on care or upkeep of the facility to this point.

Size

I really liked the overall small size of this complex. It being a "normal" sized one made me and my dad feel good about it that he would get good care and he has.

Less than one week in the place and services that were promised have not been given. Have not gotten answers to questions we have. Was not told weekends were a bad time to move in. The place seems to be understaffed everyday but especially on the weekends.

Toured the facility, visited with Jane. She was warm and welcoming, giving me the time and opportunity to share our circumstances and story, ask all the questions I wanted seemed to provided thorough answers. As I entered the facility, there were residents outside enjoying the sunshine, they smiled and greeted me. Inside there were a few residents coming and going around the entry area, a living room-like setting. A couple ladies sitting on the sofa chatting. All in all the few residents I saw were well groomed, well dressed and kept.It appeared clean, fresh, tidy. I liked that there are less than 40 'apartments' in the building. Not so large that my mother would be over-whelmed, I believe. Next step is to take my mother to visit.

excellent progress

My father in law has made excellent progress while at Homewood Village of Genesee Valley. He is really flourshing there. He is eating very well, and is also well engaged in a lot of their activities. They have truly done an excellent job and it has been a very positive experience for my father in law and for all of us. I would certainly recommend them.

Just moved my Grandmother into Homewood. The place is beautiful. So far everyone we have dealt with has been very helpful. I have been in and out on several occasions and it always seems fairly quiet. They have taken care of all our requests in a timely manner. They have a calendar of activities with at least 3 activities each day. My grandma seems happy here and that is what is most important to our family. Thank you Homewood in transitioning her from her previous home to her new home.

glad mom is there

The people at Homewood Village of Genesee Valley are very helpful. Whatever you need, they are there for you.

Mother complained a little that she did not always get the baths that she was scheduled for, and the laundry was not always done on schedule. So I can't give them a perfect score.

Mom does seem very happy there though, and overall we have been very pleased. I'm glad she's there.

A friendly, welcome atmosphere

Mom is just beginning to settle in at Homewood. She likes the friendly atmosphere and her children visit her often, so that's a convenience as well as a joy to her. Her biggest frustration is her own physical/mental aging.

Mom and Dad

Both of my parents live here. The help would take my Mom to see Dad everyday. The aides and health care are Great. I live out of state and they notified me to update regularly, sometimes multiple times a week. My brother and I could not have chosen a better place. You get what you pay for. They need improvement in meals.

Nice place!

Everything has gone great so far with Homewood Village, we're very happy we found it! The staff have all been very friendly, and it has a warm, comfortable atmosphere. They are worth a look, if you are looking into care options in the area!

Rude and selfish care associates that...

Rude and selfish care associates that do not have any training. This place is a disgrace and a black hole for your life's savings. DO NOT let anyone you care about live here.

This is a wonderful communi...

This is a wonderful community the atmosphere is so open and friendly. I liked everything they offered and found more than I hoped for my mom.

It’s the nicest, cleanest, and homiest.

It’s a homey places, not medical, not institutional. It’s a home setting. She doesn’t have any complaints about the food, but it often needs to be warmed up. They do exercises and bingo. They went to the casino. Today we did putting. It’s the nicest, cleanest, and homiest. My mom can come and go as she pleases

Great place, after a little settling in

We're very pleased with this community. It is a nice looking place, and everyone is very friendly. It took a bit longer than it should have for Mom to settle in, since there is a lot of staff turnover here, Mom had to get used to new caregivers more than once. She has also had some issues with the food, but she brought up her complaints with them and they resolved them quickly.

Great place

My mom has only lived there for a short time but so far we are very happy with our selection. She went from a 2br assisted living to a lg bedroom and bath. Her medication is handed to her twice daily by a nurse. Someone comes in every morning to make her bed (change the bedding if soiled) and do light housekeeping. Once a week it gets thourghly cleaned and her laundry is picked up done and put away. The dining room is a short distance down the hall were she gets three meals daily. There is a list of activity they can get involved in if they choose. Her hairdresser comes every Sat to do her hair. There is a very nice salon available to use. Although its on the 2 nd floor there is a elevator to. The staff is very friendly and been helpful with her getting acclimated. This has taken a huge burden off us because we have been doing all these things daily. We feel she is safe, clean, fed and has everything she needs there.

Nice grounds and location. A truly as...

Nice grounds and location. A truly assistant living community with memory care options. Nice place if I had to place a single parent. Didn't care for rooms which were studio style only; looks like private hospital rooms.

Homewood Village of Genesee Valley provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Homewood Village of Genesee Valley we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Homewood Village of Genesee Valley provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.