The Sheridan at Cooper City - Cooper City, FL

Very new and well organized. Residents seem very engaged in activities and are strongly encouraged to participate

Nice, but Overcrowded

We toured here while looking for a place for my loved one. This community was a little more pricy than others we had seen, and it was newer, so it looked very nice. However, we saw The Sheridan right after the hurricane hit, and this community was a sort of sanctuary for residents in other communities. There were a lot of people who were not usually there, so it seemed overcrowded.

This facility is only one year old so it is immaculate and has a full size refrigerator in the kitchenette that is stainless steel. One side of the assisted living building has a spectacular water view and the other side faces the parking lot. There is an outdoor space that is marvelous and faces the water. Many activities including Bunco and Bingo as well as an excellent exercise and rehab area with trained staff. The level of care is on a scale based on need. The prices are a little bit higher than other facilities in this area but this is a brand new building that is filling up fast. Very lovely staff and a thorough tour was provided with a surprise gift at the end of fresh made key lime pie in an individual sized package. We were very impressed with this place. It has a sister facility named the Presidential Place which we toured earlier but that one was close to downtown Hollywood and has no water view option.

The tour was excellent. [Removed] was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We are going to have my aunt live there. Thank you

Super result for a difficult situation

A medical event required an immediate change to my father's living arrangement. Through Senior Advisor I was directed to a variety of places, among them The Sheridan at Cooper City. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always available to answer questions. I am not local (my sister, though, is now 5 minutes away) and time was of the essence. Everyone worked together efficiently to make my father's transition as easy as possible for him and us. My father can retain a sense of independence by having his own apartment, but be safe and have his medications monitored. He has settled in nicely and the staff continues to be available and supportive to all of us day and night. I highly recommend The Sheridan.

Safe, Secure Community, My Father Is In Good Hands

So far everything is working out well for my father since his move to this community. He is doing well, and I know he is in safe, secure environment. The staff at this community is great. They are very kind, and have been helpful when needed. I do feel I made good choice with moving my father to this facility. There were three wonderful ladies that helped make the transition smoothed. [Removed] without these ladies I do not know what I would has done. This is a community I would recommend, everyone here is great.

Mom's Care

We were very happy with the care of the community. The staff was very caring and attentive. The menu was good and she liked the variety. The community was clean and my mom was very active and was happy with the trips that they had away from the community. I would recommend this community for the care of a loved one with a good value.

Did tour on 2-21-17. Was extremely impressed with the building (new in November 2016), the technology band worn by residents which tracked their location and the presentation of staff. I thought it was great that I spent 30 minutes discussing details of my mother's situation before venturing out to review the building.Price is a little high but in my opinion well worth it.

Good place!

So far everything has been going great. The staff work real well with mom. They are always trying to get mom involved in some of the many things that they do here. Mom says that she likes the food.

This was a new community. The staff was outstanding. The meals were very good and we were pleased with the menu. She liked a lot of the activities. The care here for her was wonderful. We would highly recommend this new community to other families for the great care and value.

The Sheridan at Cooper City is a retirement community that takes an innovative, modern approach to resident care. Each resident in the facility is cared for with a specially tailored approach that takes their personal needs into consideration. The Sheridan at Cooper city is tastefully landscaped and decorated, creating a colorful yet calming atmosphere. In addition to standard assisted living community amenities, such as meal provision and on-site activities, the facility employs caregivers who specialize in thoughtful memory care on a 24-hour basis. Before moving in, each resident (and their physician) is consulted to determine the level of care needed.