Arbor Terrace Senior Living - Lanham, MD

Arbor Terrace Senior Living is an assisted living community conveniently located on Greenbelt Road. We offer assisted living and memory care residences for seniors. You've come to the right place, call us to learn more!

• On-site physical therapy

This place is awesome! I would wNt to be in a place like this!

We only had a limited tour due to mom's health issues. What we saw was very nice but does not fit our needs at this time as we were looking for something that would allow her more independence. The costs were very high as well. We looked at a deluxe one bedroom that I believe cost $4,500 a month.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us and we are sorry to hear our community did not fit with your mother's needs. We are also always looking at our pricing to ensure we remain competitive in the market.

Great Meals!!

i have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since she has made the move into this community.The staff have been friendly and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. She has been enjoying the dinning experience with the other residents as well as a few of the activities they have throughout the week. Overall it has been a great fit and I would recommend it to anyone interested.

Very nice experience!

Everything is going surprisingly well with my loved one at Arbor Terrace! The staff are making him feel very comfortable, and the facility looks very nice! There are also plenty of activities for him to participate in!

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. We are very happy to hear your loved one is doing well. If there's anything we can do better in the future, please let us know.

Very nice facility, knowledgeable staff

A very good fit!!

My mother is doing very well since her move into Arbor Terrace Senior Living. The community is clean and they take very good care of my mother. The meals are very good.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us and we are thrilled to hear your mother is doing well. If there's anything we can do better in the future, please let us know. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

If They Only Had A Private Room

On our tour they allowed us to see the rooms and showed us all through the community. They did a good job at being professional and knowledge. I didn't see anything bad while on the tour. We didn't pick them because the private rooms were not available.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. We would love to have you consider Arbor Terrace when we have a private room available. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

Intimate setting with unique features

My father is a resident here. In the beginning there was an adjustment period.He wasn't very happy with the meals because they were too close together but they have started giving him his lunch at dinner time. They have been very proactive with keeping me informed of things. He was going through some ups and downs with some things and they were very patient. They take him to outings and bring entertainment in. He has a little crew he hangs around with.We chose Arbor Terrace because my father is a social person, he loves people but he was looking for an intimate family-orientated setting. My father also loves the outdoors and they have a bird sanctuary. He can go outside and meditate or sit and watch the birds.They offer things to him at a better deal than other communities we looked at.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is extremely important to us. We are very happy to hear your father is adjusting well and that he has opportunities to be social. If we can do anything better in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know. Tami Cumings, Senior Vice President of Sales

This is a very nice looking facility. Everything was bright, clean and cheery. When I arrived it was just after lunch. I liked the fact that someone was on duty at the front desk and could direct me. Residents were out and about. The tour of the facility was ok. The person I met with was quite knowledgeable. My concern is there is only one person on duty at night to attend to all the patients along with an on call nurse. not sure this is sufficient enough supervision.

Rebecca Smith

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We appreciate your comments as they are the key to helping us continue to provide quality care and service.

I am glad you enjoyed your visit and would welcome you to visit again. Please feel free to call me directly at [removed]. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you and explain the specifics of how our staffing coverage works. Hope to speak with you soon!

Our Stay at Arbor Terrace

First, We needed to go to a facility where we needed full care for my wife, because I needed to heal from a hernia operation. We were assured that Arbor Terrace could provide this care. Our impression of the facility is very positive. The surroundings are great and very clean, the people are friendly, very homey and friendly place to be.

Since I would be unable to care for my wife, it my understanding that all I had to do was signal for help, and someone would be there to provide this help within a maximum of 10 minutes. To our disappointment, that was not the case. We would usually have to wait 45 minutes or more. When I asked the aide why it took so long to respond to our call, she said that she was busy helping someone else. I told her that I understood that when she was busy, she was to call another aide to attend to our call. He response was, they are busy also. During our stay we had two emergencies that the response time that 45 minute wait. The wait time is especially bad is during meal time, when the aides are transporting residents down to the dinning room. If someone has an emergency during that time, they could be I real trouble.

This facility did not work for mom. She was not a fit for the secure section of the facility and mom tried to elope every evening she was there. Had to bring mom home. 12/2016

Arbor Terrace took the time to find out the specific needs of my mother through an in-person visit; and an assessment from her doctor. The staff is professional and friendly.

Our Top Choice From Tours

If we had a choice we would have picked this community. The people treated us nice and it was great. My mom has friend's parents here and they say it is nice. The distance was too far and my mom needed to be close to my dad.

Arbor Terrace Management Sysems

Arbor Terrace is a well appointed facility in Lanham, Maryland, which boosts of scheduled activity offerings, dining choices and internal services. While the staff is very nice, there seems to be few of them. No one monitors resident water intake, food consumption, or regular well being. One family reported that their Mother had to be hospitalized four times in one year for dehydration. When we insisted that the 'nursing' staff monitor and encourage our parents water consumption, the excuse that was given is that they did not want to interfere with patient's rights. When our mother fell, they could not tell us how long she had been on the floor of her room as there is not a system for recording consistent room checks.

Good Location

My tour of this facility went well. The community appeared to be nice and clean. I really did like this community. It was one of the community that was close to us, and that is an important factor when determining where to move my dad too. It was a nice tour, this is a good community.

Nice place

The staff and facility was great. Unfortunately my father wasn't able to enjoy his stay at Arbor Terrace as he had a health condition that was terminal but I believe that he would have truly enjoyed it. I would recommend working with this facility to anyone.

Very Impressed With The Activities

My parents are being cared for very well here at this community. I know they are good hands here, they have a lovely staff. They have been very helpful and kind. There are activities offered for the residents. They have an aviator club, and my father got a chance to go up in an airplane. The food is very good, they serve lovely meals. They are providing my parents with great care. They are safe and happy here and I would recommend it.

Awesome and friendly staff

Very friendly staff. Everyone worked as a team. It was nice to see them really try to help mom feel comfortable. Thank you so much for helping mom get settled in.

Arbor Terrace Senior Living-Lanham, Md

Nice facility and very friendly staff. Am considering placing my mom there.

Bad Nursing Care

My mom was a resident for 2 months and then we moved her. The facilty is beautiful. However if you have nursing needs the nursing care is awful. Would not choose if the client has nursing needs.

My Grandmother moved from another facility to The Residences at Greenbelt and she says that the difference between the two is like night and day. Although she misses her own home, she says that she loves this facility.

- felt like 2x the number of people should live there due to size
-asst living overwhelming and confusing visually didn't seem like there was enough help to aid
-memory care side better, one long hallway with activities off to the side
- they don't encourage you to bring your own furniture

Nice looking place, friendly staff

It was nice. I showed up late for the tour and Deanne was already showing another family around, but I was taken care of by one of the gentlemen who worked there. Didn't have much time to explore the community but I do recall that the dining area looked pleasant. The gentleman who showed me around provided me with very useful information regarding the process of moving in. Deanne contacted me the next day to find out what I thought about the visit, which I also appreciated

Rebecca Smith

We are glad you enjoyed your visit!

Review of The Residence at Greenbelt Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Lanham, MD

We loved this facility. My grandmother still wants to consult with her doctor to find out if she can move to a senior apartment instead but she says she would like to move here if she has to stay within an assisted living environment. On a scale of 1 to 5 we give it a 5.

The best facility I found for my father

My family and I were very happy with this facility. Although my father was only there for a very short period of time (he quickly became so ill that hospice became a better choice), I found the administration, nurses and others to be very helpful and attentive to his needs. The room and facility always appeared to be clean. When my father soiled himself he was cleaned up quickly. Nurses and nurse assistants came as quickly as possible when called. I was called quickly when there was a change in my fathers medical condition. It actually felt like they cared about their residents. The staff also appeared to be content with their environment. I've already referred several other people to this facility.

Run in the other direction!

I wouldn't trust these people with a pet mouse. They were very aggressive in recruiting my father out of a rehab facility despite knowing full well that his retirement income per month was roughly half what their "usual" monthly charges would be. They knew he had about $15,000 in savings and was waiting for his Veterans pension to be approved. They vacuumed his savings away over 6 weeks with all kinds of extra charges, put him in a room he could not come close to affording and when they knew his money was all but used up, they trumped up some allegations about him and threw him out. Since then they have been trying to collect around $1,000 more from me despite the fact that he had already paid for the "services" they are now billing for and that I am not in any way responsible for his debts. They also have a list of local social workers who funnel clients their way many of these social workers were previously employed there. It's a racket of the highest order.

Good, but....

I had to move my brother into the area on very short notice and moved him into The Residence on a respite stay basis, to allow time to let him see his options. Unfortunately, his health deteriorated rapidly, and other than the hospital, he never saw another option.

The places I had a chance to look at in my compressed window of time were pretty comparable on a quick look. I choose Residence because it seemed less fro fro-y for a male. I also liked the orientation program they had to help new residence get acquainted.

The time there was chaotic due to his health issues and lack of time to get his local health care team established. The staff at the Residence were very supportive throughout the time. The few residents we got to know seemed content there. Although my brother did not have the opportunity to participate in anything, it seemed like there was a good variety of activities, including a theater complete with popcorn machine.

Due to our unusual circumstances, I don't know if the issues we encountered are normal or not. It is possible my brother needs would have been better met in a nursing home, but his time was so brief, we didn't have a chance to explore that option. I believe the staff did try hard to do their best. But my brother complained about poor response time when he called for assistance, and I did experience delayed responses a couple of times myself.

Access to the building after 6:30 is challenging. I waited up to 30 minutes for someone to answer the phone to let me in. I understand they have rounds to do, and staffing at night is minimal, but as I work during the day, I frequently got there after hours, so an easier way to contact someone to open the door would have been nice.

They did bend over backwards to help me get my brother situated when he came in. Most people were always pleasant and warm. My brother did feel that some of his issues were due to people who didn't speak English as their native tongue. Most seemed to speak well enough in my opinion.

I do think in better circumstances The Residence on Greenway may have been a place for my brother would have been comfortable, and would have enjoyed many aspects of it.

Expensive but worth it.

I was really impressed after my aunt and I did the tour at The Residence At Greenbelt to the point that after my aunt and I left and saw a second Assistant living place that I had already decided that the Residence At Greenbelt was the place for my mom. My mother is young by all standards for being in an assistant living place as a matter fact I believe she is the youngest person there right now, but do to her health issues I felt she needed something like this for a while. She has been there about 3 weeks now and is doing very well and she is really enjoying being there. It's expensive but it worth seeing my mother doing well and happy. And because I know she is being active and doing what she needs to do to get better, a lot of worry and stress has been lifted off of me.

The Residence at Greenbelt ...

The Residence at Greenbelt and very friendly, the Executive Director that gave my aunt and I the tour was very helpful the room that I was looking at for my mom would be perfect for her, I like the services they offer. It is a bit pricey, however my mom is worth it and it will give me a piece of mind regarding to know that she is in a place where I know she will be getting the things she needs to improve her life and have some independence.

We are very pleased with The Res...

We are very pleased with The Residence at Greenbelt.
My mother was at another facility for respite. It was not
a good experience. The staff at The Residence At
Greenbelt is caring,friendly and professional.
We are happy with our choice.

The Residence was nice. Un...

The Residence was nice. Unaffordable for my family.

We had a very bad experience here

After the experience we had here I would not recommend this community to anyone. Our loved one's apartment ended up getting a bad mouse infestation, and they did very little to clean things up, despite our constantly contacting them about it. Our loved one ended up getting sick from the conditions and even after an extended stay in the hospital when she returned no cleaning at all had been done, her soiled clothes were still in her hamper. Even now that we are moved out we're having trouble getting in touch with the billing department to settle things up.

The facility was very nice but was no...

The facility was very nice but was not affordable.

Nice, but,

I took a tour, and the staff and facility, are nice.It is pricey. I was turned off, with the Community Fee., of $3000. This is non-refundable., after a stay of several wks. This covers room preparation and getting the chart ready. This to me ,means painting, changing the linen, and mopping the floor. To me, an unnecessary expense. I expressed this, I have not heard back.

Rebecca Smith

We hate hearing you were turned off regarding our upfront fee. We'd love to explain it further should you still have an interest. Earlier this year, the management of the community changed and we'd love to meet you! We are now Arbor Terrace Senior Living.

Toured the facility and was...

Toured the facility and was not affordable at the time, although i was very impressed with it. Would be willing to revisit.

Generally do a good job, with a few issues

This place is generally very nice, it's well kept and the staff are friendly. One concern that I have as that the on-site nursing staff seem a little casual when it comes to keeping track of my loved one's diabetes care.

My aunt moved into the Residences aft...

My aunt moved into the Residences after two years of declining health, short hospital stays and months in nursing homes. While the decision to sell her home and move was emotionally draining and physically exhaustive, it was the right choice. We looked at home type facilities,too. While she would have preferred to remain in DC, she chose the Residences based on the warmth of the staff and the overall feeling in the facility. During our initial visit, many of the residents greeted her with interest and without hesitation told us of their experiences living there. She felt welcomed,open to making some new friends and enjoying a new home. She's had some ups and downs, voiced some concerns but is adjusting and enjoying her new room and her suite-mate. It was clearly the right choice.

Place is very well maintain...

Place is very well maintained. The rooms were nice with kitchenette. The Companion Suite has potential at $2636 per month. Sunday church service, daily activities, rides to appointments available, 24 x 7 awake medical staff available. Convenient Individuals with memory problems are housed separate.

I really like this facility...

I really like this facility for my Uncle. The house decor was appropriate for a man. They have other Veterans as residents. variety of activities. The rooms are modern. The extra services offered would meet his needs. The environment was peaceful.

Good Community

We chose this community because of all the categories above. The quality of The Residence is really good. It is a very very nice community. It is more like apartment rather then a nursing home. It just provides the feeling like you are actually living here not just staying here.

My mother has only been there a week ...

My mother has only been there a week and so far things seem to be doing ok. Once they know her routine then things will get better but over all it has been a good experience. The staff is friendly and I have talked to residence and they seem to be happy. Unfortunately my mother has a hearing problem and doesn't at this point take part in many of the activities. She is 92 so guess we have to take in account to. When I ask questions they seem to be willing to fix what ever I have a need for. Moving a loved on out of their home is hard, both emotionally and physically. There is always going to be something that was forgotten or has to be modified to fit the place. I think it is a nice place, so far. Your loved one might not think so but in my case it was a better alternative to living alone.

Have had tour and the Resid...

Have had tour and the Residence is close to me convent to stores, bank etc. It is clean, looks nice, smells nice, bright airy, staff is very friendly.

I was impressed with the facility. Li...

I was impressed with the facility. Liked that they had both a large memory unit and special care unit. Price a concern; location not perfect, but better.

Very Nice