HILLHAVEN ASSISTED LIVING NURSING & REHABILITATION - Adelphi, MD

[Removed]e was an excellent guest de and source of all information. Covered all I needed to know and more.

Highly Recommend for Yourself or Family Member!

My mother was at Hillhaven in both skilled nursing and, later, assisted living. We found the staff to be very attentive and caring. I was personally impressed by how each of the staff members felt empowered to help you with your need - even if it wasn't their specific area of work. I have worked in multiple hospitals and have visited many nursing facilities, Hillhaven is one of the best!

Excellent Care

I would highly recommend Hillhaven. The facility is very well run and maintained.

I came there for rehab and found it to be excellent.

I received compasionate care. An example was my aide, [Removed] who anticipated my every need and was very pleasant when she came to care for me. One of the activities I especially enjoyed was the book group.

even though we toured in July, my mother-in-law now needs a permanent residence and assistance in routines of daily life and HillHaven offers all she needs. [Removed] of the activities staff was our guide. She has been there nine years and is going to Bowie State to pursue a nursing career. I had a work mate who lived there for several, [Removed] knew her and her niece by name. She passed away several years ago. Whenever I saw [Removed] she said how pleasant her stay at Hillhaven was. She was always well dressed when she came to my place of employment. I printed the check list and all of my observations would be a five star rating. The facility is family owned about 30 yrs, Grounds are neat and well maintain. The room was light and airy. The staff and residences call each other by name and there were numerous activities for residents to partake in. We missed lunchtime. They have choices on the menu and a dietician to assist with special needs. The nurses station is in the center of each floor plan (3). There are pulls in the bath room and near the bed as well as pendent for the resident to wear. There is an activities board outside the dining room as well as a printed sheet for residents. Bright not dark and dingy. They keep temp in hallways at 75 degrees. handrail through out and exits well marked. While we were in a sample room (hopefully her room) the lady who lived next door wanted to know if I was going to be her new neighbor and we told her we were looking for a home for my mother-in-law. She and [Removed] called each other by name. They meet weekly to discuss are plan and also will meet the families for updates. Did not discuss legal and financial concerns since [Removed] was not in the position to ans these questions, but will discuss with [Removed] next week.

Hillhaven in Number !!

When my mother needed to find a facility for my great aunt in the 1980's, Hillhaven treated her like a queen. Where do you find staff who have been with a facility for 30 years? That's Hillhaven. Now, my mother resides there and I have recommended Hillhaven to friends and church members who have needed a family-oriented and caring residence for family members. The entire facility is resident-oriented and just walking in, it looks like home. My mother was also there for rehabilitation which is one-on-one, no waiting until the therapist gets to you, when the resident arrives, rehab begins. Hillhaven is family-owned and managed. There are different levels of care -- from skilled nursing, to rehab, to assisted living, with personal care assistance, if needed. Whenever I am asked to recommend a facility, it is without any hesitation -- Hillhaven!

Hillhaven does NOT offer a low/no sodium option for their residents.

They only have a No Added Sodium (NAS) option, which means they don't supply salt shakers to the residents with a low sodium order from their doctor. And then they offer items like corned beef hash, and don't control the amount of sodium added in the kitchen.

Other than this huge issue, we love the place. The core services and overall rating would be much higher.