The Manor at Woodside - Poughkeepsie, NY

Spend some of that monthly money!

My mother is presently staying here and that may change. The food despite her paying almost $3000 per month, is very wanting. It is institutional and leaves a lot to be desired. With that kind of money, the cooks could be very creative. The decor is very dated and carpets are old.

Holiday must hold tight purse strings on incoming funds and too much goes into their pocket instead of care of their facility.

The people are nice though.

Really nice place. 3 month lease you begin, then month to month rental. Residents we met were so nice and happy with their environment. They look out for each other. A lot of different community rooms/spaces to spend time in. Nice courtyard. Transportation provided to appointments and shopping. Mom is going to give it A try for 3 months to start.

they have everything here. Sadly I am unable to get an opening for my mom at this place at this time. Although she is very much in love with this place as well.

Not the Type of Community For Us

I had a tour and saw that the community is very old and looked too much like a nursing home. The person who gave the tour was very professional.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things went during my tour I had taken for my loved one at this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to offer us lots of great information about everything they had to offer. They had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities to all of the residents. It was just not the right location for my mother in the end decision.

Good combination of independent living with options to hire the services needed for parents with just a little more care needed. The concept was great and location was perfect but my mom needed more care at this point.

Seems like a very happy and friendly place. The residents looked as though they were well cared for. I wouldn't mind moving in there.

I am satisfied in general

Mom is still adjusting to living at The Manor. She is happy with the food and they offer a good menu. My only concern is that the silverware and glasses were not as clean as we expected. They keep the community fairly clean. They clean her apartment weekly. They offer daily activities they have a hairdresser come in once a week and they offer transportation. The staff are fine and try to be accommodating. This community is a little pricy, however I would recommend it.

A great staff!!

The staff are superb and because of them dad's transition into the community was successful. They go out of their way to support dad with his care needs. He likes the food and the community is well taken care of. They offer daily activities. The staff want to make sure the whole family are satisfied and I would highly recommend this community.

My Tour Was a Nice One

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. The community looked great. Everything was vert neat and tidy. My tour guide was sweet and very informative. There are nice resources available for the residents. My tour of this community went very well.

My parents new home

The Manor at Woodside is very clean and bright. A lovely place for my parents to live in. The staff is extremely helpful and they are quick to respond when you call them. The food is very good and generous. We are very happy with our choice.

My parents new home

Good Care

This is a very nice community for others to come and live. The staff is excellent and caring. They offer wonderful activities to stay active. I would recommend this to other families for good care for the value.

Smelling carpet!

The community and the staff is great here. They offer plenty of things for my loved to do. The people seem caring and willing to help. There are a few things that can use improvement. The food is the worse that my loved one ever tasted. Also the carpet is dirty and has a bad smell to it. Other wise this is a perfect place for my loved one.

Terri first impression

The Manor at Woodside exceeded my expectations. We were able to make an appointment for a same day tour and instantly were impressed with the homey feeling and the knowledge and friendliness of the staff.

i loved this place.. they are wonderful. they are friendly,caring,kind and most of all very personable. they know everyone's name and speak to everyone they see,and pass by in the halls..love the rooms loved the menu. Mr. [Removed], is the best,he is the greatest asset to the place. he will cater to your needs as much as he can.. love that guy !!! Bassie [Removed] another asset ,it's like a great bonus...

The facility does not provide care services, the facility is independent living. Any healthcare services we receive is done through an outside vendor. What like the most is the friendliness and attention of the staff. They need a greater variety of activities, indoors or outdoors.

What a relief!

Our mom hit a rough patch a few months ago and we didn't want her to go back to living alone in her apartment after a recent hospital stay. We investigated over 40 places in the region, learning many valuable pieces of information along the way. We kept coming back to The Manor - it stayed high on the list as others fell to the wayside. She is there now and is very pleased with the facility. We are, too! She is safe and sound, has many activities to choose from every day, and the staff is amazing. She can hire aids at The Manor or get her own. The halls are wide with hand rails all around and there are several lounges and rooms for the various activities. The meals are nice, too - I ate several with her during her move-in days. Her room is large and her shower is great - it's a walk-in style, with a good size bench. Such peace of mind, such joy, such relief after all she had been through. All of us sleep better at night now.

Friendly, caring staff

They've done an excellent job overall at The Manor at Woodside. The staff are all very friendly, patient, and professional, and they try their best to make each individual resident feel comfortable and at home. My loved one can be difficult, but they've really gone out of their way trying to make things to her liking. The facility itself has a very pleasant environment, and they keep everything looking well kept and clean.

Outstanding in most respects

The place is clean and friend.y. The facilities are well maintained. Great food service and generally a friendly staff.

While there are many activities, I felt that the efforts to welcome a newcomer were marginal. I expected a more active community integration.

Very lovely place but I am ...

Very lovely place but I am not sure my Mom would feel safe. She probably needs more tending that would be available. I do want her to see it before ruling it out as an option.

I can't say enough about them....They Care!

I can't say enough about them. These are terrific people too: They Care. This is a stationary cruise ship. Prices are reasonable. She is a very difficult person and I would not have had the patience they had. They check in with us. The food is good. The chef even came out to meet us. They have things to do there. She finds fault with perfect, but she can't find anything wrong here. The rooms are excellent, they're a good size. Everyone I met there went out of their way and continued to do so. The place is in a lovely area. The bottom line is, they have set the benchmark for how senior living should be, and I am a very critical person. It's just a blessing. without that life would be miserable for her and for everyone else around her. Most of the places are really ambivilent and really don't care and this place does. They have wide hallways, it's bright, and decorated, like an upscale hotel. They have movies twice a day there's always something going on. If you are not being entertained that is your own issue they have activities all day from morning to night. This is a trophy operation. If there is one complaint it's that they run the heat to high. It's inviting they have 25-30 rocking chairs on the covered porch. This is a gold star operation and people should have no fear working with them, even with the money situation, they work with you. Everyone was just warm and friendly and genuine. The director and another staff member are nurses but they don't have medical staff this is a 911 operation if there is an emergency. The room is about 350 sq ft the bathroom is huge they don't have a tub, a shower is safer for seniors, and its large with a bench and pull cords for emergencies. She wasn't happy with the padding under the carpet because she shuffles, and so they changed the carpet. Individual heating and air conditioning in each room. You don't feel claustrophobic. On each of the four corners of each floor they have a sitting area with bathrooms. You always get a person on the phone when you call. I can't say enough about them!

Big price tag includes everything, he's probably saving money

They're very professional, the care is very good. My father doesn't have any of the aid services, he's still on his own prety much but they do provide those and they seem very attentive and responsive. They have something going on all the time, they have singing, they have bingo, they have dancing, they have a social hour, they even have card games. They have day trips they sometimes go on, they sometimes go on a drive through the mansion and then once a month they go to Montecito or something like that. When you hear the cost and you hear, in my dad's case, they're paying 3000 a month, you think that's really expensive but it includes everything. He gets 3 meals a day, all the parties, all the cleaning, all the activities, all the utilities, it's all included. The only thing they pay for is the telephone and time warner but everything else is included so in the end he's probably saving money.

Waiting to see what changes are made

It just changed hands sometime in August, so we're just learning what the new management's like and it's been okay, not great. It's too soon for us to say, it was good before and I think holiday retirement is the one that took it over? I think so far the only changes we've seen is the staff, a lot fo the old staff is clean, things haven't been as expedicious as they were before. They don't clean as much and the foods not as good but according to my grandparents it wasn't that good before. So far they've kept the same care people that come in, their day to day care hasn't changed significantly but we don't know what the company's plan is for the manor's future. There's actually a meeting later in September that they invited all of the families to so they can tell us what their plans are.

By choosing to call The Manor at Woodside home, residents will experience a warm and distinct senior living lifestyle in the historic Hudson Valley. From the lush green landscaped entrance to the patio just off our activity room, residents can enjoy life at our community throughout every season.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Built with your comfort and safety in mind