Fremont Senior Living- Springfield, MO

Room for improvements

Mom was at this community for about 3 weeks before she had to go to the hospital for a pretty bad UTI and she had mentioned this to the staff and mom feels like they should've listened to her concerns. That is the only reason I rated them 2 I feel like that can get addressed. But mom really likes it here the staff is nice and very personable. They have a restraurant style of dining here. Which is awesome. There are lots of activities that she does like bingo,cards and some singing. They have bus rides too. I would recommend this place.

A good tour

This is a very nice community. The people I met were friendly and helpful. This community seems to offer some nice amenities. We thought this community was great when we toured it.

Mom is happy here

I am very pleased with the care my mother is receiving here. They have a wonderful system for the residents with memory care needs and it is a bracelet that will sound an alarm should they try to leave through a door so this allows my mom to remain in the assisted living area and move about freely. She has started to explore the different amenities they offer here and she likes the open menu choices and the food. The grounds are very nice and they have a country kitchen area where the residents and families can go to visit with one another. I would definitely recommend this community.

Great Community

All is well for my mother with her move to this community. She is safe, and in good hands. The staff is caring for her very well, and I'am satisfied with my decision to move her here. This is a great community with kind people.

Nice intimate setting, very friendly. Residents appeared happy and involved in activities.

Care and comfort

The care here at this community. The care here is outstanding. The menu is very appealing to her and we are happy that she is enjoying the meal time. I like knowing that she likes to participate in some of the community activities that are offered .We would highly recommend this community for outstanding care and value.

Outstanding Care for Family

I like the care that my mother is receiving the care from the excellent staff. The community is always clean and taken care of in all areas. The menu is outstanding. I like knowing that she is active with the other residents. I would recommend that if care if someone is needed excellent care that this community has a great value for the care of a loved one.

My mom's home

I am happy to see that my mom is being taken care of here at this nice and very clean community. The staff is very caring and attentive to her needs. The meals that are provided are excellent. She is happy with the activities and likes participating with the other residents. I highly recommend the care and the value of this outstanding care for my mom.

I Loved the Tour and Moved In

I enjoyed my tour that lead to a move in. The environment and the friendliness from the staff are residents are great. Mom has made some friends already. My parents like and enjoy the meals. They have activities for them to try and the staff are knowledgeable with all they do. It is a clean community.

Very Pleased!

Amazing place! Great staff, and wonderful people. The restaurant in the community is second to none.

Very friendly and helpful. The community is well maintained. Everyone there seemed happy and were having a good time in the dining area. The food looked delicious! It is a very impressive community.

Amazing place!

Not as sweet as hoped

Facility itself is quite nice looking. However I have been a bit displeased with the attention to detail. Find promises made in reference to diet accomindation due to diabetes restrictions and medication timing and knowledge of such medications to be guite deficient. I had hoped to not have to be as involved at three weeks out. These issues go beyond the basic transitions. Numerous meetings have yet to make me feel relaxed and completly happy with our choice.

Not quite there yet.

My loved one did well at this community for a few weeks, but did end up needing more care than the community was prepared to give. The community is nice, they do a very good with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff was nice. At the time when we were there, they were short on nursing staff, so they were slow to recognize areas of need. They offer nice activities for the residents. The food was fine. I do feel they did not follow through with a lot of the things they promised. At this moment I would recommend this community for a well functioning senior, but not for one who needs more assistance or has major health issues that require monitoring.

Brandon Schleeter

Thank you for your review! As an Assisted Living licensed to provide "Option 2" care services, it is a privilege to consider and admit residents with more extraordinary care needs. We strive to thoroughly communicate our abilities and care services, but we find that families occasionally feel that Skilled Nursing facility ultimately provides a level of care that better meets their expectations. The environment at The Fremont, while caring and capable of providing end of life care in conjunction with hospice, is meant to facilitate the deep feeling of independence of each resident using the quality services like our all-day, restaurant dining program and engaging events programs. We regret that your loved one was unable to take full advantage of these services and keep you in our hearts and prayers as you move into a new chapter in your senior living journey.

Personable, caring staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Fremont Senior Living! The staff here is friendly, personable, and extremely caring! I really appreciate how they know both the residents and their family members by name! The facility is clean and well kept, and they've got a lot to offer the residents! I was very impressed by the dining service, the food is served restaurant style where you pick what you'd like off of a menu, and the food itself is always very good!

Review of Fremont Senior Living-Springfield, MO

Brandon was fabulous...kind, understanding, and a great resource of information!

Decent place

Fremont seems like a pretty decent place. The place is always clean as far as we can tell and it seems to be run well. The staff is caring and professional and they communicate well with us. The food seems to be pretty good too.

My Mom's Transition

The Fremont has the warmest staff, clean facilities, wonderful food and great healthcare workers. My mom has recently been living at The Fremont as she was just diagnosed with Dementia recently. This has been a huge transition for my family. The Executive Director and front staff have helped me charter these uncertain waters. They gave me insight and security knowing placing my mom in an assisted living facility was the right choice.

Review of The Fremont - Springfield, MO

To date our experience with The Fremont has been that it is exceptional in all categories

Wonderful place, friendly people!

Our experience with The Fremont has been excellent so far, they continue to impress us as the weeks go on! Throughout the whole process everyone we've worked with has been caring, personable, and more than willing to go over every details with us until we're comfortable. It's been a big relief knowing that my loved one is being taken care of by such dedicated people!

So far we don't have any complaints.

So far we don't have any complaints. We were surprised because it was a pretty quick and seamless transition. It was really smooth. The staff is friendly, and the place is clean. There are always little things that could be improved here and there, but really it's a great place.

Julie Mills

It is wonderful to hear that your family is happy with The Fremont Senior Living. We look forward to continuing to not only meet but to exceed your expectations. Of course if there is anything we can do for you or your loved one, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Very Helpful and Informative Staff

The staff at the Freemont in Springfield, MO is very helpful and informative. They care for my sister. The food is fine. I would give it a very high. My sister is, who is staying there. They provide memory care and my sister seems to be very happy at the Freemont. I would recommend them to others.

Julie Mills

Thank you for your kind words. Having a family member who needs Memory Care can be difficult on families, especially if family members are the caregivers. We are so happy that your family selected The Fremont's Memory Care Cottage for you sister. Our staff is dedicated to seniors and providing peace of mind to their families.

They got too big too quick.

My loved one lived here for a while. They got too big too quick. They have two floors and something like 40 residents. She had lots of friends, but she got to the point where she needed more assistance than they seemed to be able to keep up with. The nursing station was on just one floor, rather than having one on each floor, and they spent most of the time passing out medication, and I think they were just spread too thin. The memory care area had shared bathrooms, and we didn't really care for that idea either. Everyone was nice, but they just didn't seem to have time for everything that needed to be done.

Julie Mills

At The Fremont our priority is always our residents and their families. We are are always looking at our processes and procedures to ensure we are providing the care that all of our residents need. Recently we have restructured our care staff so that they do have more time with the residents and providing for them. Sometimes when a company grows quickly it can be challenging to keep up. We appreciate your feedback and while we hope to meet everyone's needs, we realize sometime we are not always the best option.

Great staff.

We are very pleased with the care and assessment that the Fremont has provided.

Brandon Schleeter

Thank you for your review! We recognize that each senior that inquires has unique needs and may ultimately choose another community. It is our mission to provide the best guidance we can to every family who calls so that you have the tools to make the absolute best decision for your loved one.

I'm satisfied with everything at The ...

I'm satisfied with everything at The Fremont. The care they provide to my loved one is good. I'm satisfied with the staff and their caring ways, and friendliness. I'm satisfied with the cleanliness of the staff as well. Overall I'm happy with their services.

Very modern and nice

It’s one of the most modern and nicest looking communities we found. Prices were comp to other communities in the are. The food is like restaurant food not like institutional food. The parking is a little limited. The only thing I don’t like is that my loved one has been living there for six weeks and she still doesn’t have internet or her land line and those are included in the price of rent.

High quality

My mom has only been at The Fremont for about a month now. During her time there, we have found the staff to be accessible and caring. They have always answered my questions and responded to suggestions as needed.

An Answer to our prayers.

From our decision to relocate my sister to the actual move couldn't have gone better. Personnel from Fremont made an onsite visit to her, did the evaluation, made the arrangements and the process was underway. All in a 2 week time frame. The facility and staff have been outstanding. I live over 900 miles away but have a complete peace about my sister's new home. Yes, we praise the Lord.

Wow the one bedroom that I ...

Wow the one bedroom that I was showed was huge loved it. There is a waiting list.

This is our favorite place ...

This is our favorite place so far. The retirement apts are the largest of any we saw, & they had the lowest prices of any we saw. There are dining areas both in the main facility, which houses assisted living people, & in the retirement apt building, so Mom would not have to go outside to eat in the dining area. The whole facility looked more updated & hotel-like than any other retirement facility we found. The food was excellent, & there was a large menu to choose from. There was free soda/tea/coffee all the time. Very clean, friendly place with lots of activities available. The hair salon prices were higher than elsewhere

The Fremont Senior Living is a Continuum of Care community offering Independent Apartments and Patio Homes, Assisted Living Level Two Suites, and a Memory Care Cottage. The Fremont is a locally owned and operated community that has been providing the highest level of customer service and care to seniors and their families in the Springfield area since opening in 2008. Developers Matt Miller & Pat O’Reilly, Springfield natives, of Miller-O’Reilly sought to create a unique, innovative community offering different levels of care to fit every need. With its focus on healthy aging, The Fremont tailors it services to each resident to promote well-being and happiness.

The Fremont Independent Senior Lodge and Villas offers spacious luxury apartments and patio homes. Residents can enjoy the privacy of home with additional services and on-site assistance. The Fremont Assisted Living Suites and Memory Care Cottage, opened in July of 2013, provides licensed care services with 24-hour nursing care. The Assisted Living Suites offers a higher level of assistance to aging seniors. The Memory Care Cottage offers state-of-the-art Alzheimer’s disease and dementia care services. The expansion provides inspired and exceptional all-day dining for residents to dine at their leisure. Residents can enjoy planned events or visit with friends and family in the dining room, library, movie theatre and chapel, and country kitchen.

From independent living to assisted living and memory care, residents have a home for life. There is something for everyone who wants to live well.

Schedule a tour!
Contact a senior living advisor.