Nice apartments, but check your bill carefully!

My mother lived at the Dorchester for 2 years. The facility and apartments were clean and pleasant. The maintenance staff is awesome! The staff in general is great, friendly, , etc.

The food was good but is not offered enough. Weekends consist of sandwiches only at lunch; No dinner. Often on Holidays, the dining room only offered sandwiches as well.

The Dorchester is for INDEPENDENT residents. If they can cook for themselves and they are not interested in activities, etc, it is great. There are some activities but there is not much effort to engage new residents.

Note: if the resident should fall or be injured, they can not assist in ANY way. They have to call 911. They will go check on a resident if there is a concern, but they can't help them up if they fall, for example. If your loved one might need any assistance, independent living is not suitable.

My difficulty was the billing. I am not referring to the prices, which I thought were very reasonable, but the accuracy of the bill. You need to review each month's bill carefully! We had charges for things we didn't use or incur. Getting them corrected was impossible. ( I am not referring to dining charges). Mom had to move to assisted living. Two charges that I was told would be corrected were not. Very frustrating!

Thank you for a great experience from tour to move-in to present

From the tour to move-in, a totally positive experience for my 85-year-old parents. VERY friendly residents, lots of activities, beautiful and spacious apartments, the biggest in Charlotte for an independent living place! My parents are VERY happy here and say they are 'too busy'!

Review of The Dorchester - Pineville, NC

The Manor is knock-out but out of my price range. I appreciate seeing it though

needs improvement on the food

I like everything there. My mother likes it there. The food is not good. They need to improve on it. I get the impression that the food is very basic there. I still have to provide my mother with food at times. The hours they serve the food is not good and on the weekends they do not provide food at all.

Independent living at its finest dimensional

My mother stayed at The Dorchester for 3 yrs. before moving to my home for another 3 years. It was then, as it is now, Independent Living at it's finest. A friend is moving in today on my recommendation.

rooms are too small

A nice and affordable place.

The best thing about it is that it is a nice place for an elderly person. One of the main reason we chose this place is because it is affordable. The value is excellent. I don't know what else we would do if it wasn't for The Dorchester. This was the only facility that was in my mother's budget. I would absolutely recommend this place. It has been a great experience. Everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

This a a beautiful community that impressed everyone except mother.

Dorchester

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful plus very responsive to our needs. Our aunt does not participate in any of the activities but they are numerous for those who wish to take advantage of them. Price is good and best in the area for comparable places. It is a large facility and difficult to get around for those with walking issues.

I am Happy

I am happy with The Dorchester. It is a very clean and nice community. I wish the activities coordinator would contact me. I tried calling and e-mailing her. I want her to try to get my mom into the activities. The food is decent. I wish the dining room would be open on the weekends. Other than that, This is a very good assisted living community. My overall rating of this property is 4 stars. I rate the cleanliness, friendliness, and value 5 stars!

Nice place, overall

My loved one is in The Manor at The Dorchester and overall I think they do an excellent job. The units are absolutely beautiful, and the place is maintained immaculately. For the most part the staff are very friendly and helpful, and do a great job looking out for the residents. I have noticed that the weekend staff at the reception desk are not very knowledgeable or helpful, they could use some extra training.

Bessie Davis (resident)

I just wish my mom would have lived longer to experience The Dorchester. It is a great Living Facility and the staff and the residents are so nice. I loved it and it makes me sad to think my mom will no longer be there. She sadly passed away on 3/6/2015 from natural causes. but she was getting to ready to become more active. No complaints or concerns whatsoever. Top notch Independent living Facility with lots of activity & convenient transporation to dr appts, grocery store, etc. Immaculate Facility.

One big concern and everything else is good.

We chose The Manor at the Dorchester because the rooms were more what we were looking for. They were a little bigger and more modern looking than at The Dorchester. Though both communities were nice. There has been one big concern since we have been there. There has been a problem with cockroaches, and ants, but just in her room, they are addressing the issue, and if it does, then I would give this place a four, but if it's a continual problem, I would give it a one. Other than the bug issue, it's really good. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. They have fixed any maintenance issues that have come up right away. It's warm and it's comfortable, and she likes that she can call one number and get any kind of assistance that she needs. The social life is excellent there, She likes the dining room they have at the Dorchester, and the food has been good, there has only been one time she didn't care for the meal.

Perfect place for seniors

My mom has been at the Dorchester for over a year now and it's a perfect fit for her. She is 79 years old and can live by herself but needs family close buy and activities for entertainment. She has a nice large apartment at a reasonable cost and enjoys the cafeteria/ dining room. This really is an affordable place for seniors where they can enjoy independent living but also not be on their own. It's not perfect but I do highly recommend this for seniors that want to be independent but not alone.

Nice place

They do a good job at The Dorchester. We'd give them 5s across the board. The staff are all very friendly, the facility is well kept and clean, and our loved one seems to enjoy the food and the activities that they provide.

Deana Bell was wonderful. S...

Deana Bell was wonderful. She met me early to give me a tour of the facility and gave me bunches of literature to review. The facility itself looked good and the room I viewed was in excellent shape. My only concern is that its a large facility and may be difficult for my mom to walk that far to her apartment. The wait list is rather long and the non-refundable fee to be put on the waitlist is expensive. I will put this on the short list for her to see when I get her down here.

My mother really enjoys the Dorcheste...

My mother really enjoys the Dorchester. She has been there six weeks and so far all is well.

Too costly for our budget.

Too costly for our budget.

This is the place I like. T...

This is the place I like. There are no one bedroom apartments available at this time. Will try again in January or February.

We just knew that mom was home

I rate them a 5 plus! My mom doesn't really require a whole lot of care; however, anytime she's ever needed anything they have been more than happy to help. Everything has been totally smooth and Ms. May has been wonderful, my mom is applying for some governemtn assistance and Ms. May has been wonderful with helping her, she's been amazing. We looked, of course, at cost because we are on a budget, and the Dorchester seemed to offer the most value for our money. It's in a wonderful place, its a beautiful facility, if my mom should need to go to a facility the provides more personal care, they have those on the grounds and its less than a mile away from where my brother lives which helps a lot. When we met with Ms. May she was almost miraculously able to get my mom into the facility with almost no waiting. The only complaint my mother has had, and this is amazing because she will usually find something to complain about with everything, is that there's a tree blocking the light coming into the living room so for us that's pretty funny but even in the really silly stuff that my mom just comes up with Ms. May does what she can to accomodate her. It struck fear into our hearts to even have to deal with finding a place for her but this has been such a wonderful experience and I would not have my mother anywhere but the Dorchester. If there was one thing Iwould say about the Dorchester that would in anyway be derogatory, it would be the price of the meals. They have a gormet chef, they don't just have a little lady coming off the street, but they meet every resident and talk to them and I think that because of the service they offer they have no choice about the price.

Five stars all the way!

We had a really great first impression of the Dorchester. While researching our poptions this place was recommended by word of mouth. This also was the best ocation for us, but another deciding factor were the residents and staff. My mom met friendly people living and working at the Dorchester before she moved in and continues to met new people.

Very attractive community.

Very attractive community.

Not fancy but very homey. Met some re...

Not fancy but very homey. Met some residents who were friendly and funny. Staff was gracious and helpful.

I was very impressed with this place ...

I was very impressed with this place and w/the woman who showed me around. The apartments are spacious and affordable and grounds are nice too.

Toured with my mom. Seems very nice. ...

Toured with my mom. Seems very nice. across the street from a mall, where she can walk in bad weather. Bright apartment.

Very nice. Lots of options. 55+ Apts ...

Very nice. Lots of options. 55+ Apts at Dorchester and Luxury apts at The Manor and SFH option at The Cottages. Lots of amenities and activities with pool for aerobics.

I believed this was the ideal place f...

I believed this was the ideal place for Mother, at the time, but she refused to move. So that's where it stopped.

Designed to meet the needs of residents 55 years of age and older under a rental plan that affords a unique “freedom and choice” approach for your service package. The Dorchester offers you the opportunity to design your own residency plan. Along with our basic rental, residents can supplement their package with dining service, transportation, and housekeeping. We offer a pay-as-you-go plan for your convenience.

Rental prices include utilities (except cable and phone) Smoke-Free Community