Senior Villages - Charlotte, NC

When I spoke to the property manager for Senior Villages she told me that there is no elevator on the property and being a wheelchair user I would require a first floor unit which are all occupied.

Lived here for 2wks.Nice place but we have an upstair neighbor that stumps /walk back n forth ALL night.Week later brought this continuous issue to he office manager & she said the owners of development said we can break our lease. What a way to handle a serious issue for us.The only investigation they did was contact his wife & she said her husband sleep sound all night..that is not true !!! I just moved here from out of state.I haven't slept ONE night since we been here.I don't care if it's 3:00 am I plan on knocking on their door tonight & taping the CONSTANT pacing stumping back n forth all night !! Oh & within a 2wk span the pool been shut down twice.Stay tuned !!

Find Out Everything BEFORE YOU MOVE

It took a while to get into our apartment, due to the inept person at the front desk. but now that we are here, it's nice. There's ONE big problem, though: The ad said the place is "Pet friendly " and we get here, wanting to adopt a kitten, and we're told NO, only a certain building is allowed pets! We weren't told that up front 😞. We traveled 600 miles and we're heartbroken.

discouraged

I couldn't find place. Noone there could give directions. Very discouraging...

Review of Senior Villages - Charlotte, NC

No availability. Waiting for an opening there.Senior Village was very cleanstaff very friendly especially Mary [Removd] .Only negative thing is theres only 1 SMALL closet(bedroom)No closets for coats sheets towels etc.but I love that everything is included in rent.

Seems nice, a few things they could improve

I think Senior Villages is a nice place, overall. The employees are friendly, and the facility itself seems nice. However, I've had a little trouble settling in since the move, the residents seem a bit cliquish, and I've had trouble meeting people. I also think the move-in process could have gone a bit more smoothly, I ended up having some overlapping bills since they weren't ready for me when they said they would be.

The truth about senior villages

do not move into senior villages i been here for 4 years and it has really gotten disgusting. Currently i am in one of their apartments. I have to tolerate a toilet that constantly runs runs waste water beneath it, AC unit that leaks water onto the carpet for months i had to walk through water on the carpet. The walls are water logged they don't take care of the pool or the grounds. The ceiling in the kitchen collapsed last year from the weight of the water behind the wall. They are charging way too much money for a place that used to be a hotel. Its bad when every time i go to the bath i have to look for water on the floor. They repaired the wall in the kitchen and did not do a proper paint job so the wall looks like a bunch of grease stains on the wall. Its just not worth 850.00 a month. They play on the fact that people are looking for places for their mothers or dads and advertise falsehoods on the website. I was using the pool but, later in the year the algae got to be too much i had to stop using it. The mail room is using open mail boxes so most people here are using a box at the local post office. Its just not worth 850.00 a month. They took away the BBQ pit and put down a little grill you could buy in Walmart. Now we can't have no more cookouts . There is no shuttle to take people to places and the location is very bad for someone that don't have a car you are dependent on the help of others to give you a ride to get groceries or shopping . My point is this not a place for seniors it is a regular apartment place with no community room or game room to use the laundry is not free either they only have 3 washers and three dryers for 92 people most people take their stuff to the local laundry on freedom drive and Ashley rd.

Toured Senior Villages whi...

Toured Senior Villages while on a visit to Charlotte. Did not like that the living room had no natural light. Also, you could hear the highway from the balcony. Ladies that showed me the unit were friendly. I like natural light, so this is not the place for me.

Would like more lights in the apartment

They have a pool, it's closed for the season, they have maintenence, they have a 24 hour line you can call if there's an emergency. I had to call and they came the same day. The only thing they have is a Thursday even Bible study and it seems like every Thursday I have something going on so I can't go. It's okay, my biggest complaint about it it the only place there's an overhead light is the bathroom and the kitchen and I'm not one to wear my glasses inside; so whenever I'm in the bedroom I have to turn on the lights to see what I'm doing, and the only window is the patio. Probably this winter I'll get cabin fever. It's a gated community and I like that but my only complaint is about the lighting.

Not Right For Us, But Nice

Maybe for an older person that is more mobile this would be a better fit. They didn't have a lot of windows, only a balcony door.

very nice people. very new inside..ve...

very nice people. very new inside..very accomodating to meet our needs right down to remodeling the bathroom for a walk-in-shower and a wider door for wheelchair ..excellent customer service . i would recommend this place to anyone.!! Steve and BIll are GREAT guys ...

looks good

looks good

living space rather tight but clean a...

living space rather tight but clean and accommodating. the only disadvantage is the noise from the interstate!

SENIOR VILLAGES HAS THE PERFECT MIX OF COMFORT AND AFFORDABILITY, WHETHER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDEPENDENT APARTMENT OR ONE WITH PERSONAL CARE AND SERVICES.
SENIOR VILLAGES IS SURROUNDED BY SHOPPING, LIBRARY AND THE YMCA. UPTOWN CHARLOTTE, MAJOR INTERSTATES AND THE AIRPORT ARE NEARBY.

OUR ACTIVITIES INCLUDE RESIDENT GET TOGETHERS IN THE DINNING ROOM, AT THE SWIMMING POOL AND GAZEBO/ GRILL AREA. THE LOCAL YMCA PROVIDES DAILY ACTIVITIES AND OCCASIONAL DAY TRIPS,
WITH TRANSPORT TO AND FROM ACTIVITIES.

ALL OF OUR UNITS HAVE WALL TO WALL CARPET, WITH CERAMIC TILE FLOORS IN KITCHEN & BATH. ALL UNITS HAVE NEW APPLIANCES INCLUDING DISHWASHERS, STOVE/OVEN, MICROWAVES AND FULL SIZE REFRIDGERATORS. ALL UNITS ALSO HAVE FRENCH DOORS LEADING TO YOUR PRIVATE BALCONY OR PATIO.

UTILITIES ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR RENT, MAKING BUDGETING EASY.