I Love This Community

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. It is a very community overall. They have nice accommodations available for their residents. The community looked great. Everyone was very friendly, and informative. My questions were answered, and everything went well.

Review of Cloistures after two weeks

The Cloistures is the only place I toured in a six month period that is truly a gated community which is very important to my adult children. We also really like the brick walls which surround the complex.

I have found them to be everything they advertise to be and meet all of my expectations. Everyone I have asked why they chose this place told me they are treated well by the staff; the General Manager keeps the lines of communication open; the menu is changed daily; the servers know the names of the people they serve even though they are moved to different stations each meal. Friendly doesn't begin to describe everyone here, even between old time residents and new ones. I have been here less than three weeks and already have real friends. These happen as we join together for meals, day trips, grocery trips on our busses and just
hanging out together whether during one of our many activities or attending our non-denominational church services.

When you need to change or add anything you put in a work order and it is completed in order of needs which is handled
quickly and efficiently.

I either have to stop now or put a name on this book. 😊 I guess by now you realize that I am extremely pleased that I have chosen "The Cloistures" as my permanent home.

Wonderful Care/ Friendly People

My parents started out in a [Removed] but after my Dad died, my mom moved to the [Removed]. I cannot stress enough how much we loved the Cloisters. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. The food is great. The girls in the Dining room took really good care of her. We were even able to join Mom for Christmas dinner last year. Having the Dr on sight made it easy on Mom and us. There were lots of activities in the [Removed] that got everyone involved. Mom enjoyed Fashion shows, birthday parties, music and dancing and banging a drum.
Unfortunately Mom's dementia progressed to where she was unable to take care of herself even with assistance so we had to move her to a memory care facility.
We cried when were left there. She is not even coming close to the extraordinary care she was shown at the Cloisters in her new facility. I highly recommend checking out the Cloisters for you or your loved ones. They are the best!

I would give The Cloisters a 9!!

I cannot say enough about this community. My dad likes this community more each day. The housekeeping and dining room staff are friendly. I think the food is excellent. They have amenities such as a heated pool and a full clubhouse. The community is one of the cleanest place I have seen. They are quick to address any small issues. Without a doubt I would recommend this community.

A Nice Place to Live

I have been living at The Cloisters for a month and find it to be a very nice place except for the cleanliness of the grounds.

I live in a villa apartment, which means that I have my own entrance, a parking space for my car and a patio. The patio is comprised of a new slab of concrete, which was put down before I moved in and is surrounded by dirt and weeds, rather than grass and/or mulch. I am forced to blow it out on a daily basis and know that my neighbors are fed up with their patios, as well. We also have a feral cat problem with non-owned felines roaming around the property. Since I am afraid of cats, I find this a problem on my patio, especially at night.

Other than these complaints, I find The Cloisters to be a very nice place to live. I like my apartment, the all day service in the dining room is a big plus in my mind and the food is very good for the most part.

The activities staff here are incredibly great. They really seem to love their jobs and are on top of all the activities and treat the residents with kindness and respect. I can't say enough about them and am so happy I live at a place with these services.

I would recommend The Cloisters to anybody as a good value with plenty to do. Having looked at other facilities such as this, I think that The Cloisters is far superior to most of them.

We love The Cloisters

I've never seen a better staff comma cheerful, helpful, and ready to serve my mom. Anytime I feel my mom needs help they are all there to help. It's the best choice I could have made for my mom. I would recommend The Cloisters 2 anyone with elderly parents at need good care. The food is good and when she goes to the dining room she needs lots of people to interact with. Lots of activities they helped her get involved. They come in and clean her room. They assist with her medication she was taking her medication twice a day by accident. We reviewed several different places and my mom felt most comfortable at The Cloisters she found it very welcoming. I would recommend it to anyone!!

Think I'll stay

Friendly and helpful staff and clients.
large accomodations in the villas.
Cons: no transportation from villas to center building. Disabled must have car and at times parking lot if very full requiring another walk.'
Breakfast usally excellent, but main meal has a lot to be admired for. Chicken breast is always dry never juicy. Beef was so tough it was totally inedible. Cannot say I have enjoyed the main meal yet. Great salad bar and very good soups and desserts. Love the extended hours.
Need some games such as Bunko that are played according to regular rules and make you think a little more while having fun.
All in all more pro's than con's. And we loved our salesgirl who was extra helpful.

New to Cloisters

My mother moved into the Cloisters last week. The facility is clean and the staff has been nothing but GREAT! Her apartment is spacious and was updated with fresh paint and new carpet. Overall, still new but looking really good.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Cloisters! It's a wonderful place! The facility is clean and well kept, and the surroundings are beautiful. It's a very uplifting environment, and all of the residents seem happy and friendly! The staff does a great job taking care of everyone, and I really appreciate how helpful and available the management staff has been. I know they're taking great care of my loved one, and that gives me a lot of peace of mind!

A great place to live

I have never in this day and age found people more helpful and a place so great for older seniors. you can't ask for anything better. I'm from out of town and I totally trust the people who work there to take care of my Mom while she was there. I highly recommend the Cloister. Can't say enough about staff and management.

Nice Rooms

They try very hard here. Inexpensive and very nice rooms. A good place. It has been Working out okay.

Just Moved to The Cloisters

Have only lived here one week but my first impressions are this is the right place for me at this time.

Why?
Rental
Individual villa with full kitchen and washer/dryer, and assigned parking in front of villa.
Every other week housekeeping
Daily meals in dining room are available, as are many varied activities
Outdoor heated pool
Beautiful landscaping
Transportation available
Gated community with 24 hour security
Deland is a nice small college town
Staff and other residents have been very friendly and welcoming

A Great Experience

My father, who is 88 and in good health, had been thinking about the Cloisters for the past six months. He finally decided to move in and I think he is very happy that he did. Having helped him move in, I can say it was a very painless experience. The staff was extremely helpful, and very patient with my father. Becuase I live in Texas and only had a few days to make his move, we were allowed to move his large furniture items on a Monday, which is usually not preferred. Naturally, that was also the day that one of the two elevators weas out of order. Despite that, the move was totally uneventful due to the cooperation of the staff, and the other residents--they were very welcoming to my dad on day one. All in all, he's very happy to be there, and I feel much better having him there since I do not live near by.

We highly recommend The Cloisters of DeLand.

The Cloisters of DeLand is by far the best facility we visited in helping make a choice for our Mother. It is truly a 5 Star Assisted Living/Retirement Community. The grounds are immaculate and it is also a gated community , which gives us the security we desired. The staff is very professional, friendly and informative and goes out of their way to accomodate your needs or questions. Food in the dining room is 5 Star and equal to fine dining at the very best restaurant. There is an abundance of activities, plus a swimming pool. The Cloisters of DeLand has a wonderful nursing staff on the premises, 24/7, if and when needed. We cannot say enough good things about this facility and would highly recommend it to anyone. It is a place where we could personally live !!!

We are extremely pleased.

We are extremely pleased. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. The services go far beyond the cost. This was by far the best facility we looked at. The grounds, the overall facility, as far as the quality of the accommodations, everything. The food is five star fine dining. The staff goes out of their way, they are so friendly. It's a gated community, and has everything an individual could look for. The atmosphere is like being in a nice condominium complex. If the individual is really independent then this is the place they want to be. They do have an agency in house that can come and care for the resident if they need more assistance.

Appreciate your help in providing wit...

Appreciate your help in providing with the information
to make our choice. We are very pleased about finally
getting to live here. Everyone has been very helpful and
friendly. Taking advantage of the activities offered here
and enjoying them immensely.

Very Pleasant Experience

the true test was to walk in unannounced to look around and be greeted with such friendliness. Talking to some of the tenants who live there, I was most impressed with how happy everybody expressed themselves with their living accommodations, for the quality of food, the extracurricular activities. Willingness of the tenants to show their apartments and give advice. The staff, Amanda in particular, frequently went above and beyond in contacting us to find out what our status was keeping us up to date with availabilities at the Cloisters and her devoted assistance and helping as coordinate all the final plans. I have found that the nursing staff on the second floor goes above and beyond which really adds to my comfort level of leaving my Mom in their capable hands. They contact me whenever necessary giving updates about mom; they take care of everything that my mother could possibly need.

I must admit that after all I've seen at the Cloisters, I would consider moving into the independent living facility myself and just love the apartments in the Atrium. All in all this has been a most pleasant experience and my mother is adapting quite well to her new surroundings, making new friends and she is becoming involved in all of the extra curricular activities which really has made her life so much more pleasant than just sitting at home watching television. I cannot forget to give credit to Mariann at A Place for Mom, who has also been my guardian angel throughout this whole experience. Both the Cloisters and a Place for Mom are highly recommended.

The perfect place for your loved one

The facility is wonderful. Feels more like a resort hotel than a residential living facility. Meals are good. You see a lot of happy residents here. They have numerous activities and there is something for everyone. They even have a doctor on site on Wednesdays. After looking at several other places for my mom this one won hands down. Only complaint is with the marketing department. There are some new people that have not been fully trained so there were some issues on move in such as working cable boxes not provided. Items in model that were not in actual unit we got but were expecting to have. I would suggest asking for a visual inspection of the unit you have on hold. Wait time was reasonable for availability.

Beyond Belief Excellent

Excellent, beyond belief excellent. My mother is 89, but she's a very active 89-year-old. She likes to play shuffleboard, and they have a lot of good things and activities. She has been there a couple months and I've heard nothing but praise. She likes the fact that what she has been promised has come true. The maintenance has been fantastic. She is not able to drive, but the bus service that they have is enough to do her shopping. She does most of her own cooking, but she gets a couple of meals a month. She has invited my wife and I to come over for dinner a couple times, and we love the food! I encountered the administration first, and they have been very helpful and accommodating. Overall it's been a pleasant experience and I would recommend it to anyone!

Liked the Villas. Young wom...

Liked the Villas. Young woman that we dealt with was very knowledgable and very helpful.

Our gated community is on 14 acres in a park-like setting. We provide local transportation and housekeeping every other week at no cost. We have fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers in every unit. Beauty shop and country store for your convenience. Rehabilitative services are provided on campus through 3rd party vendor.