Sunset West Assisted Living - Miami, FL

Tender loving care

They need more activities. It’s a very good location and I recommend it highly. The food is good. The parking is okay – it’s a home so it’s street parking. Everyone is very friendly and makes you feel at home. There is a lot of love and tender care.

Great, Great, Great!

Great, Great, Great! Everything has been great. It's been excellent because of the fact when I first called I wasn't sure and I had to bring her at the last minute. They were ready for her, I had to drive a long way and they kept in constant contact with me until the moment that I drove up to the house. They were waiting for my mother, Sarah and her aides came out. They brought her in they gave her a bath, I didn't have any clothing for her and Sarah took the time to get her shoes, slippers, and pajamas. They gave her food right away. There are no words to explain, I've never been through this, it was my first experience and it's been a very good one. The value would be more than 5, a five plus! They don't have activities, that is the only minus, she was a very active person, they find things to keep her busy and active. And she has cards and plays with cards. I was there Thanksgiving and she did a traditional Spanish Thanksgiving and for Christmas Eve too. A lot of families went and we all participated. She is always eating there's always snacks. They are aware of her likes and they always have something she likes there. They keep her clean they have a set schedule, they get them up and bathe them and dress them they have breakfast lunch and dinner and in between they will give them tea and cookies or whatever they want. She is kept very clean! If she doesn't want to take a bath they find a way. The communication is very open and they help you and they work with you, this is my first experience with this. Sara is great she is in constant communication.

Sunset West Assisted Living is a residential care home and memory care provider in Florida’s exciting hub of Miami. The city is famous for it’s sun, surf and salsa-hot nightlife, but our residents have found Miami’s softer, more relaxing side and they wouldn’t change it for the world. The Sunset West Assisted Living team is dedicated to a mission of maximizing the independence and therefore the dignity of each person under our roof. From the moment they move into our home, we listen closely to the needs of each client and tailor our program according to their individual needs and wants. That means taking care of everything from helping residents with preparing meals to reminding them about medications to clothing and bathing them.