We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Dentist Available
This property was NOT what they made it out to be.
1. They say they offer activities for the residents. The residents who were there when my parent was were all too feeble and physically disabled. They were not new tenants so what we were told was untruthful.
2. Told that my parent would receive much better care than at skilled nursing facility. NOT. At least twice she waited for over an hour for an attendant to answer the buzzer. An hour the first time while sitting on the toilet. Second time an hour and a half. Unforgiveable. I asked the owner about it and she said, "Well, sometimes that happens."
3. Speaking of the owner - she said she's a registered nurse, under the guise of making it seem like she was very involved. My parent saw her twice in the time she was there.
4. Only one attendant on duty from 7pm to 7am.
5. The food. They touted the excellent meals they provided. We never saw a single meal that was close to excellent. Food was mediocre at best. They even told us if our parent didn't like that day's menu selections, they could order whatever they wanted. They default for not ordering off the menu was frequently a cheese sandwich. Sidenote: on more than one occasion i saw frozen raw chicken left on the counter for several hours to defrost. This is downright dangerous and against all food safety rules. Disgusting.
6. First they said my parent would get great care. Then it was, "Well, you'll need to spend more time here (I went every other day) and u'll have to hire someone to assist her." Despicable.
7. Owner never divulged that property was for sale when she lured us in. It just sold a couple of weeks ago but had been listed for over a year. While not legally obligated to tell us, imagine having to uproot your elderly parent when ownership changed.
Manager said to hire extra skilled nursing
I toured this facility in hopes of finding my Mother a home. This community is beautiful, well designed, and spacious. The only thing I didn’t like is that I was concerned about the care my mom would receive. I just got a really cold feeling from the manager and they also told me that I may want to look into hiring additional skilled nursing. My mom really likes to sit in the sun and just enjoy her time and they said they would only be able let her for 15 minutes at a time twice a day. They then said I should have family sit with her or hire someone. I just felt like my mom would be isolated in the big house. I would not recommend it to other families.
A good place!!
This community has a family atmosphere. The staff are helpful and friendly. The food is ok. They keep the home clean and they do offer some activities. Sunrise gets my recommendation.
- 24 hour personal care service included
- Supervision and assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, medications
- Special diets
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Social activities (piano included)
- Transportation to Dr’s appointments
- Open door policy
- Secure alarm system
- Cable TV
- Air conditioner and heat