Sunrise Board and Care II- Sherman Oaks, CA

Manager said to hire extra skilled nursing

I toured this facility in hopes of finding my Mother a home. This community is beautiful, well designed, and spacious. The only thing I didn’t like is that I was concerned about the care my mom would receive. I just got a really cold feeling from the manager and they also told me that I may want to look into hiring additional skilled nursing. My mom really likes to sit in the sun and just enjoy her time and they said they would only be able let her for 15 minutes at a time twice a day. They then said I should have family sit with her or hire someone. I just felt like my mom would be isolated in the big house. I would not recommend it to other families.

A good place!!

This community has a family atmosphere. The staff are helpful and friendly. The food is ok. They keep the home clean and they do offer some activities. Sunrise gets my recommendation.

- 24 hour personal care service included
- Supervision and assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, medications
- Special diets
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Social activities (piano included)
- Transportation to Dr’s appointments