Summa Care - Gilbert - Gilbert, AZ

Great place ! Clean! Owner very pleasant. Caregiver/Assistant also informative and nice. A resident spouse was there and highly recommended the home.Do not know about meals but residence seemed well kept.

The Community Is Good

My dad is doing okay while living here. The staff are great and always friendly and helpful. My dad likes the food, it is fantastic. I think the community is very clean. Dad is able to read and watch T.V. Overall, I know dad is safe and cared for well.

Just what we were looking for

I was scheduled to see several group memory care homes over a few days. After seeing Summa Care, I knew I'd already found exactly what I was looking for. The other group homes I visited were also impressive, but the caring family nature of Summa Care sold me on the spot. It was the one visit where I walked away thinking of the facility in terms of the people who ran it and staffed it: Summa care was not "137 N Date Palm Drive" but Gloria, Elma and Melvin.
And in the first week they've already done more for my 93 y/o mother than the "assisted living" facility where she was. As she descended into worsening dementia, and lost her care giver when my father died two years ago, her situation there had become precarious.
With one phone call to "A Place for Mom" I knew I was working with caring professionals who could help us. Debbie Miller (senior advisor with APFM) called me within minutes of my first online query and that relationship has guided my through months of concern. Every place she chose for me to visit, she knew directly from her own experience.
I couldn't be happier or frankly, more relieved.

ok, not great

When I initially moved my mother there, I was of the understanding that it was 24/7 care. It turns out that is not the case. There is one main care giver, which is not always there. Also, they do not have any activities to get the senior residents engaged. They sit them there in front of the television and that is about it. There hasn't been anything glaringly terrible, but also nothing really outstandingly good about Summa Care.