ST AUGUSTINE PLANTATION - Tallahassee, FL

ST AUGUSTINE PLANTATION - Tallahassee, FL has yet not published prices.

They were very informative and kind.

Staff was visible and attentive

I really like that this facility had an assisted living side and a dementia unit. I decided not to bring my Husband here because the dementia unit was full and the staff would have to bring my Husband from the assisted living side to the dementia unit every day. I felt like this community was more lively than other places and there were a lot of activities going on. All of the staff members were visible and attentive. They were really sensitive to the residents' conditions.

Did Not Care For The Floor Plans

This community had a very similar floor plan to where my mother used to live. The dining room was in front of the building near the front door. As I was walking around I didn't seem to care about how the community was set up in regards to the floor plan. The community was very clean and the staff was nice that we met and very informative.

Well run community

St. Augustine Plantation has turned out to be a good fit for dad. After a follow-up meeting with the director, everything seems to be going very smoothly now. It is a well run and organized community. The food is very good here, I have dined with my dad and they provide a variety of choices for meals. The staff is friendly and caring. They offer activities and outings that the staff encourages the residents to participate in. We felt St. Augustine Plantation was a great choice for my dad for his care and our peace of mind.

My father's care

I am happy with the care that my father is getting in this community. The staff is attentive and we like that the community is clean. They have the environment. I like the list of the nice meals that my father enjoys. They have a lot of activities. We would suggest that families tour this nice community for the care of a loved one.

Don't let your loved one experience [Removed] here

My mother has been a resident of St Augustine Plantation for over 3 years and the quality of care has declined to a point that I will no longer recommend the facility. The care-givers and nurses have good hearts but the administration is terrible showing [Removed] and caring that simply can no longer be tolerated. The food served is frozen vegetables and processed entrees like pot pies. Despite my constant requests for fresh fruit, the residents rarely see anything except canned peaches or fruit cocktail. Tonight a resident was crying because despite numerous requests for meat and potatoes for dinner, all he was offered was grilled cheese or cold lunch meat. Families have called and complained and met with management and assured of changes but the situation is not improving. My mother had an unreported leg wound that was [Removed] and became horribly infected - the infection opened a stage 3 wound with infection half an inch away from the bone - an infection that 3 months later we are still fighting. The facility is pretty but until the administration is changed at the top, I urge you to avoid putting anyone you care for in the director's hands.

Just what we needed.

Very friendly and attentive staff. When I picked up my husband from respite care, he seemed better. He suffered a stroke three years ago and hasn't been as social since. I think the social interactions were very uplifting for him. We will definitely be calling upon St. Augustine's services again.

A Wonderful Time When Touring

The St. Augustine Plantation tour was wonderful. They were helpful when finding they were not a good fit. The community just didn't meet the level of care for my parents. They didn't make the tour feel like it was sales related. They gave their number in case I needed help.

Very nice looking place

The staff was very friendly when I did the tour. Market director was very good. They let me have access to the nursing staff, because I knew that they wouldn't accept people with sores level 2 and above. Appreciated the fact that had access to that. Didn't get to experience the activities, but I was there to look more at the memory care part of the place. From what I read the kept the folks there active even the residents with dementia. Didn't get to experience the food. It was a newer building and compared to the other places that I looked at the up keep was good.

Needs more staff

We talked to them on the phone, they're family owned and people speak very highly of them, but they rooms were too small. The other downside is their staff to resident ratio was right at the edge. I even asked the girl who gave us the tour "What happens when someone calls in sick" and she said that they try to get someone in to cover but I said that if someone's out and you can't get someone in then you don't even meet the minimum state standard of staff to residents and she had to admit that that would be the case.