HARBORCHASE OF TALLAHASSEE - Tallahassee, FL

HARBORCHASE OF TALLAHASSEE - Tallahassee, FL has yet not published prices.

Not a good place to leave your loved ones.

I have been very disappointed in this facility and the care given to my aunt while she lived there. We were promised all kinds of wonderful things when we first toured that never came to fruition. We constantly had to stay on top of the staff to get her laundry and cleaning done on a weekly basis as promised; and the bathroom was never properly cleaned. We were told she would get assistance with bathing at least 3 days a week, but they never came when promised. Again we had to constantly remind them. The staff did not engage with the residents and never encouraged them to leave their rooms and participate in activities. The food was pure slop, half the time you couldn't even recognize what was being served. When we went to management with our concerns it was obvious they could care less. Needless to say we did not have any peace of mind that her meds were properly administered. It is a horrible place to put your loved one.

Not a good ratio of caregivers to residents

This facility is a little on the older side but was very clean when I toured. One thing that I didn’t like was the caregivers didn’t seem to be very visible and I feel like that is very important in a memory care unit. The other thing that I didn’t like was the ratio of caregivers to residents. I cannot stress enough about finding a good ratio of caregivers to residents. Also, while I was walking through the community, I really didn’t see the staff interacting with the residents or engaging them in any activities.

Billy Brandes

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our community. We sincerely appreciate the four-star review and the kind words about our clean community. We also appreciate your feedback about our associates. While we certainly appreciate your concerns, we can assure you that the safety and security of our residents is always of paramount importance to us. We strive to provide a high ratio of associates to residents and we work hard to engage and interact with them in a wide variety of ways. Through our Life Enrichment program, we offer a wealth of fun activities and social events for residents to participate in daily. We always try to make sure there is something for everyone. Thanks again for your review. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future.

Tour and Care

We toured this community. for care. The staff was nice and they did answer the questions we had on the care that is available. They had a good list of meals that would have been appealing. We did like that this community is clean and maintained. We highly suggest this community for a good place for a loved one

Everyone friendly. Food good. Caring group.

Billy Brandes

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We sincerely appreciate the kind words about our friendly community and caring associates. Every day, they strive to provide the very best in senior living for our residents and their family members. We’re also glad you enjoyed the chef-prepared cuisine available daily through our Chef’s Fare Dining Program. Please let us know if we can be of service to you in the future.

Seemed like a nice place, but expensive

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I looked at a few communities in the area and this one stood out to me as being very nice! The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. My only issue with Harborchase was that it was one of the more expensive communities that we looked at.

Caring staff

My personal experience is limited to the memory care unit。 The care managers at Harbor Chase were very good - they clearly got to know the residents and how to respond to different residents' quirks and eccentricities. I sometimes felt the facility could be cleaner and that the management needed to tighten up a bit. It is extremely expensive and, for what we paid, the floors should not be sticky, nor should there be bodily smells. (I understand accidents happen, especially in the memory care part.) Communication was not always good, and for what we paid, I thought the company could afford some updating and repainting. Also, we used the services of a nurse who makes regular visits there and who is loosely affiliated with a local doctor, thinking that it would save us trips to the doctor's office, but communication was not good with her either. I don't know why Harbor Chase doesn't allow other doctors' offices on site, but I would think twice about recommending it as long as they are using the same nurse and doctor's office. For a resident who is still able to get to his or her own doctor without too much trouble, that might not be an issue. All in all we are grateful for the care our parent received there。

Very strange tour

I don't know what was going on there that day but the manager was not in and someone else offered to take us on a modified tour but the third time she referred to the memory care unit as the "lockdown" unit I turned to my husband and told them we were leaving; we didn't even go and see the memory unit. It was a strange tour with an uninformed person and nobody could figure out who it was that took us on that tour. It was kind of a sensory overload, the downstairs had a very funy floorplan, going in and out of rooms, the archways and columns and I can't imagine anyone who has memory issues going through that part of the building. It would be very disconcerting and I know my mother would be a deer in the headlights.