Brookdale Hermitage Boulevard - Tallahassee, FL

Brookdale Hermitage Boulevard - Tallahassee, FL has yet not published prices.

It was ok, but decor was rather dark and could use updating.

Something Just Didn't Feel Quite Right

When you entered this community I didn't feel that it was a pleasant enviroment as other communities we looked at. It almost gave you the feeling of being in a old time nursing home where they residents weren't as active. The staff was friendly and helpful but we could just tell this wasn't going to be a good place to put mom.

We toured this community. for care. The staff was nice and they did answer the questions we had on the care that is available. They had a good list of meals that would have been appealing. We did like that this community is clean and maintained. We would recommend that families tour this community for good care and value

Care for my dad

This is a nice community. The staff are nice and some of the staff are not as helpful as we have requested. We have found that some of the staff is not helping as asked. The community is very clean and maintained. The menu is appealing. They do offer activities for the residents that want to participate We would suggest that other familes tour this community for the care of a loved one.

They do not follow through

This community is fine for a respite stay. I do not see that they follow through with what they say. They do not keep the residents rooms as clean as they should. The rest of the community is ok, although there is a strong odor. The community seems to be understaffed on the weekends. The staff do not always seem attentive to the residents. They currently do not have access to call for assistance from the bathroom.

Joanne was very helpful and answered our long list of questions. The facility is bright and cheerful, people were friendly. It was a good visit.

Everything is Going Well For My Mother

My mother is doing fantastic at this community. I'am very pleased with everything they have done for us. The community looks great. Every time I've visit everything is very nice and clean, and also her room is well maintained. They have a lovely staff, they are very friendly and caring. The maintenance guy is very kind and responsive. They have great activities for the residents. The meals are nice. I know she is being cared for well. I would highly recommend this community.

I would recommend Brookdale Hermitage Boulevard!!

The staff at this community treated my husband really well while he was there. They went over and above. He liked the food they had a good variety and it looked like restaurant food. They offer some activities and he did attend a singalong. The community is clean and well maintained.

would not recommend

I would not recommend Brookdale Hermitage Boulevard. Mom bought the highest package possible here. We also hired two private aids. The staff at Brookdale wasn't checking on her in the day and night as they were supposed to. They were counting on on the private aids doing everything even though we were paying for them to. Mom had and accident and the private aid needed help and the staff here took forever to come. The private aid asked what took her so long and the staff member said she was lucky she got the help when she did. The private aid was so upset over that. The first month was really rough. Within a week of being there mom had to be rushed to the hospital. I would not recommend this facility. It has gotten better. But that's because we had to hold their feet to the fire. Our biggest concern with mom is her falling. It has been frustrating. I was there for 7 straight days and no one came to check on her even though we paid for the highest level of care. We were told the staff would be able to help mom eat because she does need assistance. But when we would bring her to the dining room they told us they couldn't help. Also the food isn't good. The variety is terrible and the portion sizes are small. Overall I am not happy. I am hoping a lot of things change here soon.

Very friendly staff made me...

Very friendly staff made me feel welcome and answered all my questions. Placed emphasis on giving my parents their individual preferences and not just making them conform to 'group norms'. I asked a lot of 'tough' questions and the staff was candid in their responses +++ They did not make me feel like I was being unreasonable with my 'what if' questions which I had an idea what the answers would be just given the nature of the business. I wanted to communicate how important it is to DAD that he be 'in charge' when it comes to his care. Diane was AMAZING +++. I greeted her with a professional handshake and departed with a friendly hug. Thank you. 'A place for Mom ' for the referral. I know I have to 'shop arround' as in the end it's not about me, It is my responsibility to gather facts and information as we all know 'dad is in charge' not you and I. David Charles Osborne Tallahassee, Florida PS: My first choice is to convince mom and dad to move in to my home. That remains my highest recommendation to them. So far I have only looked at ONE facility and Sterling House is now in 2nd place as far as my '2cents' worth of recommendations are concerned.

This is a definite NO. My s...

This is a definite NO. My sister and mother toured the facility. They liked it but we are not considering Tallahassee for my mother.

Brookdale Hermitage Boulevard is a beautiful assisted living community located in Tallahassee, Florida. The capital city is home to Florida State University, offering citizens unparalleled access to world-class educational and cultural opportunities. Tallahassee is an upbeat and vibrant city with a strong sense of community pride combined with a welcoming and inviting environment.

That same strong sense of community pride and welcoming ambiance extends to Brookdale Hermitage Boulevard.

Our well-trained and personable staff takes the time to get to know each resident, acknowledging and appreciating individuality. We strive to provide a high level of care for our residents and are dedicated to exceeding their expectations while also helping residents to be as independent as possible for as long as possible. Our community is vibrant and engaging, offering a full social schedule and regular group outings.

Brookdale Hermitage Boulevard offers residents a wide range of amenities and services which include:

Personalized care plans that are regularly reviewed and adapted to meet changing needs
Assistance with activities of daily living
Three balanced and delicious meals selected by a registered dietician
Personal housekeeping and laundry services
Access to our staff 24 hours a day as well as on-call nurses available around the clock
Scheduled transportation services