Silverado Beach Cities - Redondo Beach, CA

Excellent facility, nice layout, well managed, well recommended([Removed]. Chung's "favorite"). Nice views. I am not eager to put my mother there,as an all memory care facility, until absolutely necessary. However, they could take her at any stage, including her current, early stage condition. The cat is ok, welcome.

Expensive, compared with other facilities, including Sunrise Salinas.

Very nice. I would consider Silverado again if [Removed] is in need of the level of care that Silverado provides, largely because [Removed] at Kaiser recommends Silverado Beach Cities. I would prefer to move her to Welbrook because of the cost, but Silverado continues to be a possibility.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. At Silverado, we are committed to providing world-class care and enriching the lives of all those we serve. We offer a continuum of care for all stages of memory loss and offer specialized programs dedicated to the different needs of our residents. As you mentioned, we welcome residents of all stages of dementia or Alzheimer's. We hope to be a trusted resource for you and your mother in the future.

Silverado Beach Cities

My mother lived in Silverado for a short time before we moved her back home at her request. I really liked the open feel of the community, and I felt that the staff was really great. They seemed to be very accommodating and encouraging, and they seemed to know what they were doing. The food was good, but repetitive. They seemed to have the same meals a lot there. They had several activities there as well to give residents a lot of time to be with other people. Silverado was an excellent community. I wouldn’t have minded being there myself.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to review our Beach Cities community! All of our associates are truly passionate and dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to our residents and their family members. Silverado is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often time children as well. We hope to serve as a resource to you and your family for any future needs!

Excellent Care for mom

The care the from this community is just what we were needed for the care for my mom. The staff is wonderful and able to give my mom the care that she is needing. I like that she is in a clean community and knowing that they offer a nice menu. They do offer activities for the residents who are able to participate. We know that this is the best care. I would highly recommend this community for the excellent care.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for your affirming and gracious words about Silverado’s care.Our team works very hard and takes great pride in doing just what you describe has been your experience. We hope you'll drop by the community soon!

Was Not Impressed

This community gave me a feeling of being in a hospital. The community looked very outdated and in need of a remodel. The residents were out and being active which was nice to see. The staff was friendly and very nice. The family just felt it would not have been a good fit.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and we appreciate your feedback. Silverado's philosophy is to provide world-class care through a skilled, compassionate staff. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Not the right fit

In our situation, it was not a good fit. The social worker was the one who accessed my dad and determined the Silverado Beach Cities could provide the care he needed. Now looking back at the situation I personally think a nurse should have accessed my dad. This is a good place if medical needs are at a minimum. There were no call bells available, and when my husband was visiting and dad had a breathing episode the equipment was very minimal for the situation. They were not able to handle emergency situations. The meals were mainly processed foods. There were not enough healthy choices to choose from. My dad ended up going to the hospital because of dietary issues. There were also issues with my dad's medication being misplaced. The staff was friendly and the place was clean and well maintained. They did provide activities for the residents. It is probably a good place for people who need little medical attention, more for high functioning residents.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a rating. With 18 years of memory care expertise, we take pride in being a leader in our field. We're sad to hear that it wasn't the right fit for your father. We appreciate your feedback and are always looking to improve upon our care and services.

Great place for Alzheimer's clients !!!

This community has a great ocean view for the patients to enjoy and the staff was very knowledgeable and professional on our tour. It also seemed very suitable and a great place for clients with Alzheimer's. The facility is located on several floors of what was once the South Bay Hospital in Redondo Beach. Though the facility is modern and well-maintained, it has a bit of a institutional atmosphere that wasn't to our taste.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy you had a chance to tour our community. At Silverado, we believe that it takes a combination of dementia care techniques to truly improve quality of life for our residents. And because we’ve been tracking our clinical outcomes for 20 years, we know which approaches are most effective. As always, our associates continue to be fully committed to providing life-enriching care to those we serve.

Highly Recommended

My father in law has been given great care, but they are at times under staffed at times. They do offer alot of activities to help him keep active. His room is clean and the community is very well taken care of. The food they offer is a great choice and nice variety. I would recommend this community to others.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado, we are one big family and treat our residents with love, dignity and respect. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Our daily engagement plans incorporate many age-appropriate activities and resident outings that help create a sense of normalcy and purpose. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your father-in-law.

A great place for day care!!

My husband was at this community for day care and it was a great place. The staff were amazing and this was my favorite place. The pricing was a little to high for full time care. They are still in contact with me to find out how he is doing. I would definitely recommend Silverado for day care.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy that you and your husband had a positive experience with our flexible care service. At Silverado, we incorporate a combination of dementia care techniques and focus on restorative care creates a community environment to truly improve quality of life for our residents. Thank you for taking the time to review our community and we look forward to being a trusted resource for your family in the future.

Top-notch Care

Silverado Communities are top-notch. Their understanding of the needs of those who are having memory issues is amazing. Our mother/mother-in-law has regained some of her zest for life -- at 96 -- even though she may not remember exactly what she did that day. But that really isn't important. What is important is that she is well-taken care of, participates in numerous activities, and has become part of the community.
The only downside was that at the time she needed to become a part of the Silverado family there wasn't an opening at her level at the Redondo Beach facility. We are anticipating that she will be moving there soon. However, where she is at in Costa Mesa is wonderful -- just a bit far away from family and friends

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that your mother-in-law is thriving at Silverado! We are committed to enriching the lives of those we serve, so it's great to hear that she has regained some of her zest for life! Thanks again for your review.

wasn't for us

Silverado Beach cities is a nice facility but I think [removed]. They had great support in terms of social workers and nursing support. They seemed well organized. It was kind of noisy. If you are fond of small children it would be a good thing. It looked to me like there wasn't much going on with the activities. It seemed kind of sedentary. I expected more activities from this facility especially with them being trained as they are. One issue that we had is there were no private rooms available. While that is good for some people, for my father that wouldn't work. They did have community animals for the residents and that was really neat. The staff were really friendly. They coordinate with VA's. That was a big plus. For someone that would want a double room it would be valuable but it just wasn't for us.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We appreciate your feedback! As you noted, Silverado is a lively and engaging environment where our residents thrive. We have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social. Thanks again for sharing your comments!

they are amazing!

My friend that is staying at Silverado Beach Cities is doing great. She was at a different facility where she was left alone too much and it was not a good situation, and since she has been at Silverado Beach Cities she has really done a complete 180.

The founders really knew what they were doing when they set this place up. They knew that these people suffering with Alzheimers and dementia should not be left alone, and need to be engaged and watched over. They keep her mind focused on other things, interacting with other residents, etc. They really hit the nail on the head with what these people need, and they truly deliver it
!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are happy to hear that you and your friend had a positive experience at Silverado. Quality of life is first and foremost at Silverado! As you noted, we put a strong emphasis on engagement and offer individualized programs that cater to a resident's personal needs and preferences. Thank you again and we look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your friend.

Nice looking place, and friendly staff

We used this facility for a respite stay for a loved one. The facility itself was nice, and the staff all seemed very friendly. However, we had some issues regarding the care my loved one received, I believe the staff could have been a bit more careful and gentle.

Silverado Representative

We appreciate and take all feedback seriously. At Silverado, we are continuously innovating and improving the level of our services and would be happy to address your concerns directly. Thanks for taking the time to review our Beach Cities community!

Great staff

They people are very friendly. They’re very caring. They went out of way to help. Everything is well kept and tidy. I never had the chance to eat there. The staff was the best though, and we were happy with everything they offered.

Silverado Representative

John, thank you for taking the time to review Silverado Beach Cities! We appreciate your kind comments. Our exceptional staff is fully committed to enriching the lives of not only our residents but their family members as well. We hope that you have a chance some day soon to come and enjoy a meal with your loved one. As always, all meals our complimentary for our residents family members.

waiste of money

terrible terrible place to send your loved ones. dont be fooled by the masked smiling faces and hungs. the caregivers there torture the patients they're very impatient and toss them around like dogs. definitely not worth 7000 a month. the place always smell really bad and the residents there are rarely changed

Very dissapointed!

Was not happy with this place after we place my mother in law here. She had several injuries and care takers never knew how it had happened. She was always dirty and unantended. Very expensive place and bad caring. We finally moved her to a different facility.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to discuss any concerns with you firsthand. Silverado's philosophy is to enrich the lives of residents and their families, and our success is a testament to our philosophy of care, skill and personalized attention.

Great Activities

My mother seems to like it a lot when I take her there. They have different activities, they bake, they paint her nails. She would tell me she was dancing while she was there. Everyone knew her name and was very friendly. They have a lot of staff walking around, and it's more bright and cheery.

Silverado Representative

Joyce, thanks for taking the time to leave a review! At Silverado, we provide individualized engagement and care plans that cater around the personal preferences of our residents. We are happy that your mother enjoys all of the activities we offer and look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your mother.

Would Definitely Move Back

My mother-in-law was there for a period of time, and it was a really great facility. Very, very nice. For a number of reasons, she we had to move her out and into a smaller group home. We didn't take her out for any type of dissatisfaction with Silverado or their staff, but she was getting a little confused being around so many people. If the group home doesn't work out for whatever reason, we would have no hesitation moving her back here.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being the experts in memory care and will always be more than happy to serve as a resource to both you and your mother-in-law for any future needs! Thanks for your positive comment.

All is Well at Silverado

It's my mom who is there and it's going fine. All is well. There was a little trouble doing the paperwork for CalPERS in September but we got that all straightened out. We're really delighted with the care that mom gets there. The staff is great! They're always in good moods. I think we're pretty please all in all. She has a lovely roommate, very nice person. There are nothing but good things to say. Mom always is dressed nicely they do her nails every week. She goes to the beauty salon on Thursdays. The hospice workers are good. One comes on Sundays and reads to mom. Everything is great.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for the feedback! Quality of life is first and foremost at Silverado. Our associates continue to enrich lives through exceptional care and unmatched service. As you noted, our Beach Cities community has great age appropriate actives, such as our weekly spa days where residents can get their nails and hair done!

All Inclusive Flat Rate

They were excellent. If money was not an issue I would have put my mother there, no question. It's expensive but they have a flat rate that includes everything. I could eat there everyday and it would be free. It's hard because you don't know how long they're going to live and that extra couple thousand a month really adds up. I don't want her to run out of money.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are glad you had a positive experience. As you noted, we encourage families to visit at any time and join their loved ones for complimentary meals. We hope to continue to be a resource to you and your mother in the future!

Need to keep dogs cleaner

I'm going to be honest with you, at first it was super clean, smelled like a hotel. They do allow dogs and that's the only reason she was here. I read the 100 page book they gave me that paints a beautiful picture of their philosophy and the whole deal but when it comes down to it there are individuals that don't live up to it. Just one example, there was a few days ago where my moms dog smelled really bad, I don't know if they're bathing them enough, and the dog was there on the sofa with my mom which was great for her but if they're not going to bathe them enough they shouldn't be on the furniture. The overall cleanliness I think is pretty good but I think they need to keep the dogs cleaner, the other dogs were scratching and they need to pay closer attention to them. I have a calendar of events taped to my desk here and they have activities going on all day every day and I reckon any activity that creates any brain stimulation is good in my book. They're doing what they say they're doing and they follow them through the phase of the whole ride.

Really Expensive

It's really expensive. We went in there under the impression that it was going to be a lot different than it is. Mom has never really been comfortable in a room there. I think the only way she would have been comfortable is in a room by herself but we can't afford that. They said they would take her up to the fourth floor for activites but they never did; they just left her in her room.

It hasn't worked out for us and we don't really know what to do about it. No matter what we do it just gets worse. We're contemplating moving into an apartment and having home care instead.

Beautiful interiors, special touches,...

Beautiful interiors, special touches, love the family atmosphere and pets welcome attitude. Not as many amenities as Belmont, but nice garden/patio and game room. Private rooms available at same cost. 5 stars for location/amenity.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for touring our community. As you noticed, Silverado Beach Cities is a warm, lively place where hobbies and interaction flourish and engagement is constant. We always encourage family members to visit at any time, enjoy a complimentary meal with their loved one, and join in on resident activities and outings. We invite you to tour our community any time!

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.