Sierra Homes AFC - Warren, MI

[Removed]

This home [Removed] evicted my grandmother of 84 years old! She was a resident at this home for six months when the staff got lazy and stopped changing her and rotating her properly causing her to acquire four bedsores. They also withheld this information for two weeks before admitting accountability for her sores. My grandmother cannot walk and is bedbound as she requires 24-hour care. I and my family took notice and called the state department to report them as my mother is a mandated reporter for the state and is required by law [Report]. My mother is also protected under the whistleblower act for mandated reporting. This home shortly after getting a visit from the state department felt [Report] and retaliated [Report] against my grandmother by trying to evict her. At first giving a letter saying we have 30 days to find a new place. However, we contacted the state and by Michigan state law they are supposed to notify the State of Michigan in writing prior to giving us a letter of eviction. So this already was an [Removed]. All the stress and retaliation from the staff got her sick and required her to go to the local hospital. One of the staff people named "Fe" even threatened my grandmother! Causing her blood pressure to go up and her to go to the hospital. As shortly afterward as the ambulance brought her back to this home an hour later the staff manager [Removed] and her associates threw my grandmother's belongings outside on the porch and refused her access back into the home. A forced [Removed] without contacting the state or giving proper 30 days notice. Do not send your elder here they are under investigation, and if they did it to mine I'm sure they will do it to yours.

This Adult home is spotless. The care team was lovely and gentle and remains in place daily 24/7. The owner is compassionate and kind. The "Home" feeling inside and out provide family of residents a safe place for mom.I believe my mother in law would be very happy here.

Sierra Home Excellent in Every Way

Sierra home was highly recommended to me by A Place For Mom. I was totally overwhelmed when my mom fell and I had to call 911. After a hospital stay and during her stay in rehab, I was told by the MD and physical therapy staff that my mom could no longer live alone. That is when I called A Place for Mom. I was quickly contacted by Grace, the owner. She invited me over to Sierra Home and spent a great deal of time explaining all of the details. Then something really wonderful happened, I started crying and Grace just listened to me and shared comforting words and told me many people need a place like this when they can no longer care for themselves. I was greatly relieved and made the decision that this would be the perfect new home for my mom. Grace even came to the rehab center to explain everything to my mom. Her kindness and the kindness of the staff has been amazing. I can sleep at night knowing my mom is clean and healthy and safe. The caregivers are so meticulous and intelligent that I never have to worry. The best part is that my mom is healthy and happy. Thank you to Grace and Nelly and Tony and Rose for all you do to care for my mom.

The caregivers are absolutely wonderful. They have learned my mother's needs and wants quickly and have been very attentive to both as well as guiding the family through the many changes that we've encountered.

Good Care

All I know about what is going on at the Sierra Homes AFC is that they have taken really good care of my loved one and that it is a highly rated facility, except there could be some improvement with the activities.

The staff is wonderful. They are very caring.

The staff is wonderful. They are very caring. They keep everyone clean. That's something that I really like about them. My mom just really enjoys it there. Everything has been going really good. It has been excellent. The place is always really clean. Everyone has been very friendly and very nice. The care services are excellent. They do a good job at taking care of my mom. The Sierra Homes is a really nice place.

Just what I needed.

I was in a very tough situation with my mom. She was in the hospital and they would not release her unless she had 24/7 care. To make it more difficult I was in another state. Grace, the owner stepped forward to get my mom into her facility without paperwork and funds.

Sierra homes are owned and run by Grace a former Beaumont nurse. Grace saw what kind of care was out there and was determined to provide a better alternative.

The one on one assitance from the on site caregivers was beyond my expectations.

Wonderful caregivers, clean...

Wonderful caregivers, clean spacious home. My mom liked it that is all that really matters. The price was right and the location to my work is perfect.

Sierra Home

We are very pleased with the facility we finally found for mom...it is clean and smells good...two of our most basic requirements. We also like the staff.

Nice home on shady street, ...

Nice home on shady street, dead-ends @ woods. 3 dbl bedrms-all women (AFC next door-all male). 2 staff on duty @ all times. Clean. Residents seemed comfortable. Owner RN lives close by. Showers in bathtubs with tub chairs. Small backyard/deck. Minimal activities. Amer/Asian food. Visiting PT, OT & Drs.

This is a residential home licensed f...

This is a residential home licensed for Memory Care. Not interested at this time.

two nice asian ladies. very clean, sm...

two nice asian ladies. very clean, small private room

Provides assistance and care to residents who can no longer maintain themselves independently. We will provide 24-hour personal care, supervision, assistance, protection, comfort, and room and board. We offer loving, thoughtful attention, and companionship in a warm friendly-family atmosphere.

We will not deny admission or discharge any resident because of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, sexual orientation, social status, national origin, or source of payment in the provision of services and care, and will work to prevent such discrimination.

It is the desire of this facility to provide high quality standard of care possible that will maximize the social, emotional and psychological growth of each resident. Our goal is for the residents to be self sufficient & independent as possible and for their needs to be met in a dignified caring manner. We motivate residents to becoming independent and able to cope with the community and live a lifestyle most closely in tune to normal living.

The home is located within the community where resources are available for the needs of the residents, such as hospitals, libraries, shopping areas, and churches.