Shepherd of the Valley- Poland - Poland, OH

Shepherd of the Valley- Poland - Poland, OH has yet not published prices.

Bad experience with Shepherd of the Valley Hospice

My brother was dying of lung cancer. Cleveland Clinic advised me he has 2 weeks to live and to look into a hospice near our home. I picked Shepherd of the Valley in Poland, OH. We had to wait 3 days for a bed to open at the hospice. Since we arrived at 4am there was no new there to talk to me about the rules and restrictions.

The nurses met us and took charge. They were very kind.

After 6 days my brother has not passed. I was called into the office and was told if a patient did not pass within 7 days the patient had to be transferred out of this facility into a nursing home! They advised me to go to Medicaid the next morning and try to get my brother qualified for Medicaid!

At 7am I was at the Medicaid office. After 4 hours of being sent from office to office trying to get Medicaid I got a call from Shepherd of the Valley advising my brother had died. He died alone as I couldn't be with him because of Shepherd of the Valley's rule that if you don't die within 7 days you are out!

I would not send a loved one to Shepherd of the Valley Hospice. If you want to go there you need to check out their rules and how long your loved one can stay. Check the reviews.

Whether you are looking for a new home or want to stay where you are, Shepherd of the Valley can help make life easier while supporting your independence. With communities in Boardman, Howland, Niles and Poland, there is a Shepherd of the Valley community conveniently located nearby.

The Poland community’s condos offer independence with assistance just the push of a button away. Neighborhood Services offer extra help when needed. Entrance fees are fully refundable and leasing options are available.

When you or a loved one needs a bit of extra help, the assisted living community offers a variety of apartments and a complete social calendar.

Shepherd of the Valley is a locally owned, not-for-profit, church-affiliated Continuing Care Retirement Corporation dedicated to providing the highest level of services possible to the seniors in the Mahoning Valley.