extremely competent

The staff is extremely competent at Royal Manor AFH. The lady that owns the facility is a nurse and is very knowledgeable to the medical needs. The food here is also really great. The individual care that he receives there is wonderful and that's what it's all about.

Don't make this home!

I read these earlier reviews and moved my mom into Royal Manor. Thinking it was owned by an RN - it should be good, but I was wrong. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone! My mom fell out of her wheelchair while sitting in the kitchen, but no one was watching her. The owner did not call an ambulance but got mad because my mom could not assist in her care. 3 days later, we found out my moms ankle was broken....no wonder she couldn't help. This put my mom in the hospital for an extended period. During that time - no phone calls or visits to see how she is doing. In fact, during that time they kicked her out! This was after giving her word that she could return. There are two sides to every story so check this place out carefully! [removed] The owner/RN tries to do it all on her own or with very little help.

Visited this AFH near my ho...

Visited this AFH near my home after touring 3 Aegis helped insure that an AFH don't have enough activities and social stimulation that will positively effect my mom. I am rating this vs. other AFH's I have visited. Having 2 RN's own and live on site is a huge plus. Clean and comfortable.

This home was high on our l...

This home was high on our list as a front runner. It was built with nursing home standards with 4 foot hallways with handrails and multiple accessible bathrooms. The owners are very warm, personable and RN run. Owner has a Nutrition background and showed us a monthly menu of healthy meal plans. The owners interact with residents more like family. They eat meals, watch movies and do other activities with residents rather than being onlookers in a caretaker capacity. This home is geared up like a mini skilled care nursing facility, it has many bedrooms, each room with its own sink. They let residents make their own schedules for bedtime which was greatly important to us after the previous home mom was in, lights were out at 6 pm. It has multiple bathrooms and laundry rooms. The living areas are huge with 2 pianos in the main room. Families are often invited for dinner or movies. We were invited to stay for dinner. They have a bus for outings and as this place grows, it will be like the best combination of an adult family home/ skilled nursing hybrid. We felt the opportunity for more residents will be ideal for our social mother. Since they eat meals with the residents the quality of the food is better than at the facility we are leaving. If nutrition is high on your list, check out this place!

YOUR BEST CHOICE FOR LONG TERM CARE

SERVICES AND AMENITIES
v Owned and operated by an RN
v Quiet and spacious
v All private rooms with sinks
v 24/7 Professional and Skilled Staffing
v Assistance with activities of daily living
v Three nutritious meals a day with personal dietary modifications
v Frequent snacks
v Medication
assistance and administration per physician ordersv Laundry and Linen services
v Cable TV, high speed internet and WIFI
v Walker/wheelchair accessible
v On call physician and beautician services