Friendly Community, Mom Is Well

This community is working out well for my mother. I do feel comfortable with her move to this facility. She is safe, and in good hands. They have a good staff, and they have been kind when I visit. Also helpful when needed. When I go to visit her the community, and her room is nice, and clean. They offer nice activities, and provide good meals for the residents. It has been a good experience for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Caring Staff at This Community

My mother is doing as well as can be expected since her move to this community. It was a ruff start at first, but everything is working out well now. They have a wonderful, caring staff at this community. We know she is safe, and in good hands. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. We would recommend this community, it is working out well for our family.

The staff is so friendly and caring. They helped me through this difficult time. My mother did not want to leave her home with me. She is slowly adjusting. The staff is working with her to engage in the activities that they offer, which is a lot, even activities for residents that can't sleep through the night. They have activities for them. Very accommodating.

A hands on community

I really liked this community when I visited. They explained that no matter what level of care they needed all of the residents interact with each other. They all go to meals together they help each other and participate in activities together. The community is clean and the staff I met were nice. We may have chosen this community if it was a little closer to family.

A Caring Environment

We are very pleased with the care our loved one is receiving at Forest Hill Heights. Change is difficult, but the people at FHH really help make the transition easier. Everyone is friendly and happy. This is a sign that the environment is a good one. We trust FHH and that is so important.

Still adjusting

My father is very regimental, he was a marine and spent years on the fire department.When he's told that laundry is done at a certain time on Thursday he expects his laundry to be picked up. I understand they have many residents and things don't always go that smoothly.It's been difficult for him because he is an independent person and he feels like he has lost control. I've done everything but stand on my head to get him involved in events the community offers. The staff encourages him as well. I have not tried the food. There's been a couple times he's not liked the food. He's used to dining out and and he can be a picky eater but I think he is learning to settle.It's a very clean community and they have undergone a recent renovation. My father is in a newer room. We chose Forest Hills because we felt were getting the most out of our money and it's very close to home.

24/7 Activities!

I would definitely recommend Foret Hill Heights because they have been amazing to my mother. I am very happy with the administration and staff. They have bent over backward to accommodate us and other residents, they make them feel at home. They also have activities 24/7! If a resident wakes up at 2 am and can't sleep, they will play cards or just talk with them. I am very pleased with this community.

Great respite stay

My father stayed here for respite care. It was a very positive experience. The staff was very attentive to him and made him feel very welcome. There were many activities for him to participate in and he loved the food. It's the best community we've seen in this area.

Older buildings - renovating - clean - long halls to walk - not the cheapest

Impressed by my tour.

During the tour, I was impressed with what I saw, the longevity of their employees, and that many employees had family members living there. Mom is due to move in in a few days, and I am hopeful that her stay will be an enjoyable one.

They Have Good Care

My mom is happy in her new community and the staff are doing a good job providing good care. She is doing fine here. So far she seems to be good with the meals. The community has activities for her to participate and have outings scheduled.

A Very Nice Community, They Are Taking Good Care Of My Mom

Everything has worked out pretty well for my mother here at this community. This is a very nice community with friendly people. They do a good job with keeping the community and her room very well maintained. The staff is great. There are nice activities offered. She is pleased with the meals, the food is pretty good. I know she is safe and being cared for well. This is a community I would recommend.

It may not be home, but close

My brother seems to enjoy Forest Hill Heights...he loves the food and because he's younger than most,he is allowed to get seconds. He is making friends and they do have alot of activities. He likes going out in the van to eat lunch.....and there is alot of activities on the calender.....He likes his little room ...he finally has privacy and with his key, he feels like he has a little respect. I think the main thing is getting them out with others as soon as possible. As nursing homes go, I think it's a nice place. They are going to remodel, but men seldom notice that. Residents are allowed to come and go with family....I don't worry about him and I think he's happy.

Older facility in desperate need of renovation. The elevator was out for 4 days during February 2015 residents had to be transported by wheel chair to dining room for all three meals. No camera surveillance to support security program in the buildings. Very under staffed to care for large number of residents that have mobility issues. Building has several challenges with mobility issues. Meals are ok - not much variety alot of processed food.

I like the place, it was cl...

I like the place, it was clean and the personnel very friendly, rooms not available to may/jun. Price is reasonable 4500-5300 for both parents.

Good experience at Rock Spring Village

We found Rock Spring Village to fit Mom's needs and ours.
It is an older faculity that is well maintained. Mom liked the faculity when we visited, which was very important.
The staff made Mom feel very comfortable and welcomed upon her arrival.
She is enjoying the food and is now interacting with other residences. She is adjusting well.
The staff made it easy for us to move in and decorate her apartment.

The facility is clean and b...

The facility is clean and bright. Provides the level of care we feel is necessary with a more reasonable cost than other facilities we visited. This is also the most convient for us. The administrator we worked with (Chrissy Smith) was very friendly, informative and helpful. She handled my mom very well and made her more comfortable and less apprehensive. The room suited us better since it is basically two rooms, like a very small apartment. This is an older facitity than the others on this list.

Forest Hill Heights, LLC, is an assisted living residence in Forest Hill, Maryland.

Now under new management, Forest Hill Heights (formerly known as Rock Spring Village) offers 24/7 on-site nursing care, fine dining, and personalized care plans for our residents.

Caring has been our privilege for nearly 40 years at Hamister Group, LLC, and now it's our pleasure to bring that caring to you.