River Point of Kerrville - Kerrville, TX

Food subpar

The staff are very caring and friendly and tend to the needs of each and every resident; However, the food is subpar. We are having to bring food from home. Our mom, who has been there since April. Right now, the second time, there is no chef. She will only eat cottage cheese and fruit at dinner time. The rice is so dry she cannot eat it. The price we pay for her living here should include decent food. Breakfast is not, at times, what she orders. We are very pleased with all other aspects and would hate to depart because of the food.

Much Better Now!

Everything has improved from since we moved in. It started out as a three star, but now I would rate it as a five. We have changed the home health care provider and everything is going much more smoothly now. The staff is very friendly and caring about my husband's needs. The food is good overall. I have dined with my husband and they provide well-balanced meals with lots of variety. They plan many activities, but since he is non-verbal he doesn't participate in all of them, we do play bingo quite often. The community is well-maintained and clean. He has a nice room, we are still working on it to get it the way he wants it.

Not enough staff

concern with troubles with lack of enough staff. Rooms are sometimes [Removed]. Breakfast in room is troublesome. A few times my mother did not get breakfast until she called to complain. Once she did not get her medication. Over all it is a great place.

Friendly staff!

During my tour of the River Point, I thought it was a very nice place. The tour guide was knowledgeable and helpful, they took me around the building and answered my questions. The facility was clean, it was a good experience.

Too big!

The price for this place was out of our price range. It was bigger than what we would have liked. We wanted a smaller place because my mother gets confused a lot and we did not want her getting lost. It was a nice place, just not what we were looking for.

Need more Help!

The facility is really nice and open. The staff are super friendly and ready to accommodate. The food is good and my loved one enjoys it. The community is kept clean. i feel that they are under staffed, because it takes them to long to respond to the residents when they ask for help.

Tender Loving Care!!!

I have visited my mom during lunch and looked at the menus. The meals sound good and my mother hasn't had any complaints about the taste. I would recommend this community to friends and family. The staff are friendly and attentive. There are various activities offered, my mother likes to engage in some of them. It's a small place giving it a home feeling.

A little far

We were happy with the community here, but it was a alittle too far from the area that we were looking for. The staff was very nice and answered all of my questions. They had activiites to stay very active. The community was very clean.

very attentive to my father in law

We were not there very long, but based on the short time we were there they were very good. They were very helpful. They were very accommodating during the moving process, and very attentive to my father in law caring for all his needs and getting him to the right place at the right time, making it a very smooth transition and pleasant experience.

So far so good!

So far so good. My loved one lives there. They take his blood sugar. They make sure he takes his pills. They bring his meals to his room. It amazes me. They have a lunch room facility but he chooses to eat in his room. It has been a great experience so far.

Bethany was a good listener...

Bethany was a good listener, answered our questions & gave us a through tour. Liked the dinning setup, the hair salon, movie room & outside seating area. Concerned with the # of ppl.

Well run community

This is a very nice, and well run community. The services they provide are excellent, the dining room is great, and the activities are nice. They're really on the ball when it comes to handling my loved ones medication, as well. The facility is clena, professionally run, and feels high quality. The only downside is that it is also very expensive.