Ravenwood & Arbors at Ravenwood - Springfield, MO

Not For My Parents

The tour was good in general at showing what they provide. The style, personality and general atmosphere was not what we were looking for. It would not work out for them and was not the right fit.

Every person treated as important

I pop in at various times and days therefore I can say with confidence that the care takers there are respectful and provide immediate attention whenever possible. I have never seen or heard anyone be short or angry - which is remarkable with the situations they have to handle. I am particularly impressed with the group, as well as individual, activities orchestrated and provided. They are able to stimulate individuals that seemed impossible. The personal care hairdresser & the nail lady deserve gold stars. My only wish is for additional help - it seems to me the caretakers are stretched pretty thin. Whatever they are paid is not enough. I admire their tenacity. The nurse is wonderful and seems to be able to provide personal care to each and every person - a daughting task. We do not use the Dr, and have kept my Moms personal physician.

Mom loves it there!

Ravenwood is definitely the perfect place for Mom. Since moving in she has been very happy and made plenty of friends. She enjoys playing bingo and my sisters go to visit her often. I've heard no complaints about the food and the cook is such an awesome person! Since moving in my sisters have complimented on the smell of the community and are able to come by and either have dinner from the community or cook in the kitchen if they'd like. The staff have been great and encourage my Mom to do her PT daily since she is recovering from a fall. I'd say this is a perfect match.

included in activities

We get to partake in the activities with the residents.

a glowing rate

I would give a glowing rate of Ravenwood & Arbors at Ravenwood. All around it was a good experience at this facility. I have no complaints. Everything was good here.

Great place

Great place. Our family is very pleased with the staff and how much they really care. We do not have any complaints thus far. There were a few minor issues at the beginning, but that is to be expected and not really worth mentioning.

grossly understaffed

Mom is very happy at Ravenwood & Arbors at Ravenwood. We are are more than pleased with this facility. In my opinion is is a little expensive for what we are getting since we are taking mom out after breakfast. For some residents that stay for lunch and dinner it may be more worth it. Mom did say they are grossly understaffed. She was supposed to have her bath yesterday and she waited and waited and no one came. So she took a bath herself which made me really nervous. I also find myself taking care of one of moms friends at this facility while I am there, again I think this goes back to the fact that they are really understaffed. Mom is taking therapy and she loves that. She is really coming out of her shell here and that makes it all worth it.

This is a beautiful facility with a well trained caring staff. The secured unit has a private backyard that the residents can go to and enjoy outside activities giving them a greater sense of freedom. This is a wonderful place for my mom'. If you're looking for a place I highly recommend Ravenwood or the Arbors at Ravenwood.

Ravenwood

Thank you so very much for the kind review. Our staff at The Arbors at Ravenwood are very caring, dedicated and knowledgeable of our residents and their care needs. Our goal is to make the residents happy and engaged in activities and comfortable in their home. We are honored to care for your mother and enjoy having her in our community! Sincerely, Alecia Robinson - Administrator and Liz Massengale DON

Overall It Was A Good Experience

My mom was only at the facility for three weeks but it the facility was kept clean and the staff could have done a little better but not a big issue. Not very much time to give more than that, only there a short time.

nice people, but a few things could improve

I really liked the manager, but they recently let him go, and I am not sure why. I am a bit disappointed to see him go, but the people there overall are very helpful and friendly. Compared to a lot of other places (I did a lot of research ) I feel they offer great value.

There have been a couple of small issues here and there but they did not communicate that proactively to me.

So far they are doing a pretty good job.

So far they are doing a pretty good job. They are definitely doing better than where we were before. I think that having someone her own age and ability to communicate with would help out a lot. It's the one thing that I think could help. They mentioned that they would learn her life story, so that she would have stuff to talk about with her. This is kind of what set them apart from other nursing homes we looked at, I just hope it helps.

Wonderful very helpful.

Wonderful very helpful.

My sister and I toured the facility. ...

My sister and I toured the facility. It is lovely and is an option for respite or long-term.

When the demands of living in your home require more than you’re willing and able to give on your own, you’ll find a welcome home here at Ravenwood Assisted Living and Arbors.

The Arbors at Ravenwood Assisted Living by Americare is a special care community for residents diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia. We are located at 1950 E. Republic Road, Springfield, Missouri. Our residents are cared for with dignity, professionalism and love. Our small 12 room community offers special care for our special residents.

The Arbors at Ravenwood has been the leader in Alzheimer’s care for over 10 years. We were the first special care assisted living community for Alzheimer’s in the Springfield area and continue to set the standards in Alzheimer’s/dementia care. We place a great emphasis on caring for Alzheimer’s residents and educate the community on enhanced programs that benefit the Alzheimer’s resident and families. We offer the convenience of in-house physical, occupational and speech therapy. The community is also highly involved in music and pet therapy. Activities are designed to meet the needs of each and every resident. Even local churches, college students and community members also enjoy volunteering throughout the year.

A full time licensed nurse/certified dementia practitioner is available 24 hours a day and certified personnel are on duty 24 hours a day. Residents are assisted with medication supervision, dressing, grooming, bathing, etc.

We have delicious home cooked meals with open dining times. The dietary department offers many choices for every appetite. Families enjoy dining with their loved ones and are always welcomed.

Our admission counseling services are comprehensive. Our administrator helps guide the family through all of the care options available to them as well as through the maze of paperwork involved to access private our public long-term care benefits. Making it easy on the family is priority one.